PDA

View Full Version : Curved vs. flat AR trigger?

SteveB
11-28-2015, 08:01 AM
I'm liking Apex flat pistol triggers and am sold on Geissele AR triggers; thinking about a flat trigger for my 3-gun rifle; any thoughts? And while we're at it, thoughts on single-stage (3G) vs two-stage (SSA) triggers?

SLG
11-28-2015, 09:53 AM
FWIW (not much) I don't care at all about flat vs. curved, and don't think it matters in the least. I like them both.

I also don't care about single stage vs. two stage from a marksmanship standpoint. I have battle rifles set up both ways, precision rifles set up both ways, M4's set up both ways. No performance difference to speak of. On an emotional level, I prefer two stage triggers and am led to believe they are mechanically superior from a safety and durability standpoint. Again, I've never seen any of that matter with properly set up guns.

drummer
11-29-2015, 11:49 AM
I've got the SD 3G trigger in one of my ARs. For me, I prefer the flat trigger face on the Geisseles since it increases the trigger reach a bit. I don't like grips with beavertails so appreciate the extra reach. It's also easier to use different parts of the trigger, for example, it making a precision shot you can use the bottom of the trigger closest to the trigger guard. For average or speed shooting, use the middle of the bow where it's comfortable.

The 3G trigger is not really single stage. It's more like a two stage tweaked to remove the stages. It's better described as sliding on ice before falling off a cliff. If a crisp single stage is what you're after, I'd try the CMC or Wilson Combat triggers.

I have found the 3g to be a very fast trigger. Doing Bill Drills with a standard 16" carbine, my best with the 3G is about .2 of a second better than my best with a GI trigger.