PDA

View Full Version : Datona Beach/ Central FL Firearms/personal protection training reccomendations

BJXDS
11-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Hello,

I am interested in information on recommendations for firearms training/personal protection training for a family member. If you are familiar with FPF training, it would be great if there are any trainers in that area that follow Mr. Murphy's philosophy on mindset and tactics. If not, any recommendations are welcome.

HopetonBrown
11-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Jeff Gonzales has classes in Gainesville and St Augustine next year, check Alias Training. Shannon Smith teaches in Frostproof at Universal Shooting Academy.

cayrbee
09-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Volusia county gun & hunt club NSB on hwy 44 everything you need.

Hambo
09-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Check Rangemaster.com. Tom Givens lives on the west coast now I believe he has classes scheduled for the Orlando area next year.

Isaac
09-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Craig Douglas will be south FL in Feb I think.

XXXsilverXXX
09-15-2016, 08:28 AM
I would stay away from volusia county gun and hunt club, the guy who runs the place got caught up in some stolen valor... And when I used to go use that range was not the friendliest to his members. Just wait until someone worth your money comes to Florida, and go to them. If I can get time off in February I hope I can go to Mr. Douglas class in south Florida...
But just my opinion...

jwperry
09-18-2016, 06:22 PM
Southern Exposure in Lakeland houses Randy Cain for half the year and they've also attracted some other high profile trainers.

FirstAssurance
01-26-2017, 03:43 PM
We're hosting Craig for that class in February & as of November, it's sold out.

We are hosting him again for his next South Florida ECQC in Okeechobee in February of 2018.

In the meantime, we do have other courses taught in house which include a 2-Day Defensive Pistol Fundamentals course taught at the same facility (OK Corral Gun Club) on March 18-19.

I am the instructor for the course, (Jeff Quinney), and since Tom Givens/Rangemaster was mentioned, I'm also a Rangemaster Certified Advanced Firearms Instructor.

You can learn more about 2-Day Defensive Pistol Fundamentals and the other courses we offer by visiting BeYourFirstAssurance.com

Hope to see you on the line!

- Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac
01-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Jeff,

If anyone backs out last minute, let us know!

Tom Givens
01-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Rangemaster Florida Classes, all taught by Tom Givens

Three Day Firearms Instructor Development Course (pistol)
February 3-5, Homestead, Florida
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/firearms-instructor-development-course-tickets-27475754722

Three Day Defensive Shotgun Instructor Development Course
February 10-12, Homestead, Florida
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/defensive-shotgun-instructor-development-course-tickets-27475832956

Three Day Firearms Instructor Development Course (pistol)
March 3-5, Bushnell, FL
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/3-day-firearms-instructor-development-course-handgun-tickets-30000906519

Combative Pistol Course
April 1-2, Okeechobee, Florida
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/combative-pistol-tickets-27508685218

FirstAssurance
02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Jeff,

If anyone backs out last minute, let us know!

Issac, you're in luck! A few spots just opened! ECQC in Okeechobee on 2/24-26.

You've got first dibs here. I'll be sharing it with others starting tomorrow.

Register @ BeYourFirstAssurance.com

Isaac
02-19-2017, 06:24 PM
FA, share away- I didnt see this until today and used/ am using 2 call offs last night and tnite. Damn. 2 spots?

FirstAssurance
02-23-2017, 04:30 PM
FA, share away- I didnt see this until today and used/ am using 2 call offs last night and tnite. Damn. 2 spots?

3 spots in total, then another student got in a minor car accident this AM & canceled due to whiplash/possible concussion.

Are you unable to make it?

FirstAssurance
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Sorry for the late response. Tapatalk isn't the best for notifications, it seems.