PDA

View Full Version : Glock airsoft equivalent

backtrail540
11-23-2015, 12:43 PM
I've been searching for a gas blow back airsoft glock for awhile but the only ones I've found are outside the U.S.A. It seems like there must have been a licensing issue or something as i can't find a good current replica but there are posts from a few years ago where they are fairly prolific.

What are you guys using in this role? Is there a close analog that is only slightly cosmetically different? I'm looking for something that can be used in fof but mostly on steel (2" plate rack and mini ipsc targets) in my garage during the winter months when i can't get to the range.

orionz06
11-23-2015, 01:07 PM
KWA ATP or the KSC Glocks would be my pick. Same guts, the ATP is different enough to avoid licensing issues and still work with Glock gear. They've held up well for multiple classes I've seen them used in and are the rental guns for a local airsoft joint.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

BN
11-23-2015, 01:22 PM
I checked a few places and they do seem to be gone. :(

I found these, but I have no idea about quality and they look different.

http://www.airsplat.com/airsoft-gas/gpr/gas-blowback-pistols-full-size

LOKNLOD
11-23-2015, 03:10 PM
I've been using a WE brand clone of a G19-gen4 and it looks and feels pretty much identical, and even included the extra backstraps. I've used it in AMIS twice and it shot we'll both times, I've been very pleased with the function.

However, it has one big snag - the slide dimensions are ever so slightly off and it will jam up in standard glock holsters. When I first received it I immediately jammed it into a leather holster and if someone had seen me pull it out they'd have tried to crown me king of England.

The workaround I used was either to just carry it Mexican, or it worked well with a VG2 to keep it in place as well.

ETA:
Link: http://www.weairsoft.com/guns/gas-blowback-guns/pistols/we-g-series/g-series-standard/g19-b-bk-gen4.html

Looking around they have lots of options, even clones of the Salient type customs. I ordered mine through Airsplat.com, IIRC.

ken grant
11-23-2015, 09:33 PM
I have several Glock copy AirSofts. KWA , KSC , WE and KJW. KWA or KSC are my best ones but all work well.
My #1 KWA G19 has over 10,000 BB's through it and still running great.
KSC is the same as a KWA except the KSC has the safety in the trigger like a real Glock ( you can buy just the insert and install it in a KWA as the pin hole is already there)

I broke a part in my KJW G23 and had to get it overseas but had no problems with the purchase and shipping , in fact KJW threw in a couple of extra parts.
Now days it takes a little searching on the web but you can still find some Glock Airsofts.

gtae07
08-29-2017, 02:07 PM
I've been using a WE brand clone of a G19-gen4 and it looks and feels pretty much identical, and even included the extra backstraps. I've used it in AMIS twice and it shot we'll both times, I've been very pleased with the function.

However, it has one big snag - the slide dimensions are ever so slightly off and it will jam up in standard glock holsters. When I first received it I immediately jammed it into a leather holster and if someone had seen me pull it out they'd have tried to crown me king of England.

Ours didn't come with the extra backstraps, but I took a file to it and slowly worked it down till it would fit in my wife's kydex holster. The only trick is the orange barrel extension hits the end of the holster and pushes the slide back a bit. Once i figured out why the gas wouldn't last a full mag (I had the "hop up" cranked up all the way) it works well. I'll be using it for draw and fire practice at home.