PDA

View Full Version : Not news, LOLs, and good news

Drang
11-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Obama says gun control to be top issue of final year - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/17/obama-says-gun-control-be-top-issue-final-year/)

We expected this:

President Obama hopes to make gun control the top issue of his final year in office, saying Americans aren’t more violent than other people but they “have more deadly weapons to act out their rage.”

In an interview published Tuesday in GQ magazine, Mr. Obama said easy access to guns is “the only variable” between the U.S. and other developed countries.

“The main thing that I’ve been trying to communicate over the last several of these horrific episodes is that, contrary to popular belief, Americans are not more violent than people in other developed countries,” Mr. Obama said. “But they have more deadly weapons to act out their rage.”

Once I stopped laughing this came as no surprise:

Mr. Obama said in his seventh year in office, he feels “looser” and more confident.

“There’s no doubt that the longer I’m in this job, the more confident I am about the decisions I’m making and more knowledgeable about the responses I can expect,” he said. “And as a consequence, you end up being looser. There’s not much I have not seen at this point, and I know what to expect, and I can anticipate more than I did before.”

The good news is:

He said when he leaves office, he doesn’t want an appointment to the Supreme Court, but would be interested in becoming part owner of an NBA team or the league commissioner.

fixer
11-18-2015, 06:56 AM
"The only variable"

yeah right. This guy sucks at this whole problem solving thing.

Besides...not to make political hay out of a tragedy...the attacks in France show gun control is totally and 100% useless as a means of keeping a population of people safe.

When this guy is part owner of an NBA team I can't wait to hear about how he thinks uniform color or locker room lighting is the "only variable" between play off teams and his team.

hufnagel
11-18-2015, 07:04 AM
You know, I just picked up another firearm (i'm sure you can find the thread. :D ) I'll be making sure to use my last permit before it expires. Looking in my safe I can honestly say, several of them have been bought after this idiot has opened his pie hole while chewing. Now what to get is the real question.

Hi-Point C9 (because pistol whipping with anything else is just silly. and because why not.)
SD9VE
S&W 617 4" or 6" (have a 686 6" and I LOVE IT. getting essentially the .22lr version could be fun)
Henry Mares Leg (.22lr? .357mag?)
opinions on other choices welcomed.