PDA

View Full Version : Quick HD sight question

MGW
11-17-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm ready to give HD sights a try. I'm going to start with my Glock 26. Before I purchase and install a set could someone tell me what their POA/POI is with a 26 and HD sights?

GJM
11-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Some variation between individual pistols and eyes, but I would start with the standard 17/19/26 frame set. Those regulate on multiple copies of the 26 for my wife and me.

JHC
11-17-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm ready to give HD sights a try. I'm going to start with my Glock 26. Before I purchase and install a set could someone tell me what their POA/POI is with a 26 and HD sights?

Wait. What sights are on your 26 now? What height combo? Where do those print POI and POA?

On my 26 that required a .245 tall front - it was evident with the factory sights it impacted way high too.

I'd strongly suggest you figure that out first.

MGW
11-17-2015, 11:11 AM
This 26 currently has the factory sights. It's POA for me.

Malamute
11-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Factory can be a variety of heights. Are there marks on the side of the rear sight?

Look here,

http://eu.glock.com/english/options_rearsight.htm

I think glock changes the rear for elevation regulation, but am not positive. They may make different height fronts also.

JHC
11-17-2015, 11:51 AM
This 26 currently has the factory sights. It's POA for me.

In my experience if the Glock shot POA-POI with the factory sights then the standard set of HDs worked well. The Glocks we have that needed a taller front - impacted WAY high with the factory plastic too.

okie john
11-17-2015, 12:04 PM
In my experience if the Glock shot POA-POI with the factory sights then the standard set of HDs worked well. The Glocks we have that needed a taller front - impacted WAY high with the factory plastic too.

This.

Okie John

JHC
11-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Factory can be a variety of heights. Are there marks on the side of the rear sight?

Look here,

http://eu.glock.com/english/options_rearsight.htm

I think glock changes the rear for elevation regulation, but am not positive. They may make different height fronts also.

I am not certain either but I've assumed (uh oh) that they ship guns with one standard and use those if they have to fix POI under warranty. But I could be way off.

MGW
11-17-2015, 02:29 PM
I'll have to look and see what the factory sights are on it. Sounds like I should be good to go though.

I've only owned two Glocks that shot high with factory sights. Both were G30's.

okie john
11-17-2015, 03:43 PM
I am not certain either but I've assumed (uh oh) that they ship guns with one standard and use those if they have to fix POI under warranty. But I could be way off.

Based on my experience, POI issues won't get you the time of day from Smyrna.

I sent them a Gen3 G17 that was hitting 2.375" over POA at 10 yards. At 25 yards, POI was 6.25" high, and at 50 yards, POI was 12.5" high. I also sent specific instructions and a clear description of the problem. They sent my pistol back with no changes and told me that it was within spec.

Maybe I was limp-wristing it or something.

Okie John

DocSabo40
11-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Based on my experience, POI issues won't get you the time of day from Smyrna.

I sent them a Gen3 G17 that was hitting 2.375" over POA at 10 yards. At 25 yards, POI was 6.25" high, and at 50 yards, POI was 12.5" high. I also sent specific instructions and a clear description of the problem. They sent my pistol back with no changes and told me that it was within spec.

Maybe I was limp-wristing it or something.

Okie John

"That's probably the case too. Lots of new shooters limp wrist the gun. But were you using proper Law Enforcement ammo? What do I mean by that? 124gr of course. They are only regulated for LE ammo, the 124gr stuff. Oh, you tried that? Which brands? Oh, all of the major ones. OK, have you tried heavier stuff? You have?! And it still shot a foot high huh. I see. Well I'm not saying anything is wrong with the pistol, but you can pay to have it sent to us. We should have time to take a look. Be about a month and a half turnaround time. Us pay for the shipping? No we don't do that." - Perfection Representative