PDA

View Full Version : Time for more protests!

olstyn
11-16-2015, 11:54 PM
*sigh* Here we go again, and this time, the officer-involved shooting that started it was in my metro area:

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/11/16/hundreds-of-protesters-shut-down-i94-in-mpls/75903326/

Hambo
11-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Minnesotans are such nice people. Try that shit on I95 in Miami-Dade or Broward and you'd be reduced to subatomic particles.

Gadfly
11-17-2015, 09:54 PM
"Every witness account I heard said he was handcuffed. Every witness account. Put a knee on him and shot in the head. That's the account I've heard from young people, older people, etc," said Jason Sole, criminal justice chair for the Minneapolis NAACP.
----------

Somehow, I doubt that is what took place. They probably shot him, then cuffed him. Or, they got one cuff in when the fight began.

But why let facts come to light through investigation? Why worry about the woman who was assaulted bad enough for an ambulance to be required?

Drang
11-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Ferguson Comes to Minneapolis | Power Line (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/11/ferguson-comes-to-minneapolis.php)

HCM
11-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Despite the whole lake woebegon image the twin cities are kinda ghetto. Serious crime and gang problems in the black, Native American and SE Asian communities.

olstyn
11-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Despite the whole lake woebegon image the twin cities are kinda ghetto. Serious crime and gang problems in the black, Native American and SE Asian communities.

Well, North Minneapolis and east Lake Street are kind of ghetto, anyway. Basically the same gang problems as any other major metro area - lots of socioeconomically disadvantaged people resorting to crime, unfortunately.

As far as what actually happened in this incident, I'd be surprised if Gadfly wasn't right. Of course, nobody wants to wait for the investigation to produce results; BLM is calling for the officer's name to be released, etc. I'm sure there's NO chance they have mob justice in mind...