PDA

View Full Version : HK P30/ P30L LEM conversion Help

Prdator
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Guys HELP!!!
Im trying to like the HK's but after tailing to HK, well....
So I need to know if I just buy the Conversion kit to convert my V3 to Light LEM ?? this is the one Im looking at. http://www.robertrtg.com/hkp30lem.html

Also If I buy a P30 LS can I get a part that will allow me to take off the safety and just have a Light LEM??? Or do I need to buy a V3 and convert it as above?

I've looked around some but can't find any clear cut how to or what I need.

Thanks.

JohnN
09-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm unclear, do you have a V3 or are you trying to figure out what configuration to buy?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Prdator
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm unclear, do you have a V3 or are you trying to figure out what configuration to buy?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

I have a V3 P30, that I want to convert to LEM.

I also have a lead on a P30LS ( lem) with the safety that I would like to remove. Or do I just need to buy an P30L (V3) and convert both the P30 and P30L?

Thanks

Failure2Stop
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm kinda in the same boat.
I have a V3 P30 that I want to convert to a "good" LEM.
I am finding that the reset of the V3 is slowing me down, and I really do prefer a consistent trigger and solid reset.

I am curious as to what guys recommend, send it to Greyguns or do the parts swap as above?
If the answer is to go with DIY, is there a good reference or youtube video to follow?

ToddG
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
The only way to shorten the reset is to send it somewhere like Gray Guns. Every time I handle a P30 that's been worked on there, I weep with joy. I still think it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend tweaking an already get trigger, but if you really want the best possible setup there's no other game in town.

You can strengthen the reset by using the LEM trigger return spring. Converting a V3 to the LEM setup I prefer, that's the only spring you need to change. I keep the lighter firing pin block spring and mainspring.

There's an excellent how-to photo tutorial at HKPRO.com in the reference section.

Having said that, converting the DA/SA to LEM is complicated and expensive enough that most folks would be better served just searching out an LEM to begin with. I realize that's not an option if you want the P30L, though.

TGS
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm kinda in the same boat.
I have a V3 P30 that I want to convert to a "good" LEM.
I am finding that the reset of the V3 is slowing me down, and I really do prefer a consistent trigger and solid reset.

I am curious as to what guys recommend, send it to Greyguns or do the parts swap as above?
If the answer is to go with DIY, is there a good reference or youtube video to follow?

I don't understand how you feel the reset will be improved by switching from v3 to LEM.

For info on converting it, go to HKPRO.com and DO A SEARCH. I say "DO A SEARCH" in capitals(internet yellin' I know, but don't take offense I'm just trying to get this point across) because about every 2 days someone is asking about converting a P30 to LEM.....it's been rehashed a lot. AFAIK, it's relatively simple and can be done in less than 20 minutes. The only part I've heard is a bitch is the TRS, but you don't have to change that if you don't want to.

I understand wanting to convert it over.....When I find P2000 LEM parts for sale, I'm going to do it. It's a boat-load cheaper than buying a brand new pistol just to try out the trigger to see if I prefer it over v3 or not. Being that I live in New Jersey, the conversion is also MUCH simpler than buying a new handgun.

JV_
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
TGS: PM Inbound.

gtmtnbiker98
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Just to add:

Converting a V3 to V2/V1 is not factory supported due to the frames NOT BEING THE SAME. Can it be done, yes, but again, configuring your firearm to a variant that is not supported by the manufacturer, well, we are all educated around here and can easily figure it out.

Converting from a V3 to V1 will not influence reset, they are both still going to be long. The USP/HK45 still share the shortest reset and of course, the 'P' has the longest. Bruce and company can shorten the reset but for the price demanded, it's too rich for my blood.

JV_
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Converting a V3 to V2/V1 is not factory supported due to the frames NOT BEING THE SAME. Excellent point. I passed up a smoking deal on a V3, $450, because the conversion wasn't supported.

TGS
09-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Just to add:

Converting a V3 to V2/V1 is not factory supported due to the frames NOT BEING THE SAME. Can it be done, yes, but again, configuring your firearm to a variant that is not supported by the manufacturer, well, we are all educated around here and can easily figure it out.

Converting from a V3 to V1 will not influence reset, they are both still going to be long. The USP/HK45 still share the shortest reset and of course, the 'P' has the longest. Bruce and company can shorten the reset but for the price demanded, it's too rich for my blood.

Is there any difference in the frames besides the space cut out for the decocking lever? When switching from v3 to LEM, the decocking lever can be left in place. While not factory supported in the US, P-series pistols are indeed sold from the factory overseas in this configuration(V0 P2000 for instance) with an LEM trigger group and decocker. Pointless? Yeah....definitely. The decocker isn't going to serve any function unless you're worried about certain springs being under tension(hence why some agencies have bought V0 P2000's) but it's not going to hurt anything either.

jslaker
09-27-2011, 02:57 PM
AFAIK, it's relatively simple and can be done in less than 20 minutes.

Given my experience with the USP series, I'd say that's a bit optimistic if you don't already have a decent amount of experience detail stripping the gun. 20 minutes is about right for the last time I swapped LEM --> USP V1 --> LEM for a baseline comparison, but I'd torn the gun down a dozen times before that and knew just how things were supposed to go together at that point.