PDA

View Full Version : Tried AIWB

1986s4
09-24-2011, 10:35 PM
And liked it very much! I was very skeptical for a long time, no way, that can't work...But today I went out with the wife and a cheapo soft IWB up front [w/ my HK P-30] and wow! This is great! Of course I'm not telling you all anything you don't already know. Now looking for a high quality AIWB holster....
Thanks all.

rjfleming
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Take a look at Dale Fricke Holsters. He makes both a Tuckable and non-tuckable models and an AIWB for the Suarez TSD modified Glocks with RMR red dot sights. Dale also does outstanding custom work in Kaydex.His E-mail is dalefrickeholsters.com or PO Box 11576, Bozeman MT, 59719.

A very satisfied customer of Dales.

gtmtnbiker98
09-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, you can't order any of the good holsters. They either aren't taking orders or the wait is in years if at all.

JDM
09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, you can't order any of the good holsters. They either aren't taking orders or the wait is in years if at all.

You could also try a "WTB" add on this forum. I put up an add for the made of unobtanium CCC Shaggy, and a week later I had it. I also bought my Looper from this forum. Both LNIB.

LittleLebowski
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I believe that Cane and Derby has a short wait time.

Andy T
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Policestore just started carrying some of Dale Frickle's holsters. If it's listed as in stock, it's ready to ship. I already got one from them.

JFK
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
I believe that Cane and Derby has a short wait time.

3 months ish...

JeffJ
09-27-2011, 06:34 AM
I've ordered a couple of holsters from dale and his turnaround is impressive - about a week

1986s4
09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I see Com-Tac has a AIWB. Any review of this?

jslaker
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM

No personal experience, but I haven't heard good things either.

JDM
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
It is hard to understand how very vital it is to have a PURPOSE built AIWB holster until you actually have one.

I carried my gun in a myriad of different holsters AIWB, and while moderately effective in concealing my gun, it wasn't all that amazing, and it put me on the fence about carrying my gun over my appendix. I liked the retention, awareness, and speed that AIWB provided, but it didn't hide well, and it was somewhat uncomfortable.

The Looper (my first appendix specific holster) changed a lot of that. Even so, unless belt tension was perfect, the gun printed.

Next I tried a DGL #4, which I liked a lot, and proved to work well except (that word again) the ride height was a tiny bit too low.

Enter the Shaggy. It is absolutely REMARKABLE at keeping the gun hidden, and in the right spot, at the right height. The gun is tight to the abdomen, and does not move around. I won't say it's perfect, because I still find the IWB #4 more comfortable (only a bit. Really a non issue unless your entire day is spent in a car) but that aside, the holster IS a close to perfect solution to the appendix carry problem. Why? Because it is designed to be just that-by people that know what is required to hide a gun where we do. If the holster isn't designed from start to end with the explicit purpose of being an appendix holster, by people with appendix carry experience; mediocrity is the best one could hope for from the holster. Regardless of who's name is stamped on it.

tmoore912
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM

I had a Neutral Cant MTAC for a Kahr P9. I didn't like it that much.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?896-AIWB-holsters-a-pictorial-guide&p=26216&viewfull=1#post26216

ADKilla
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
It is hard to understand how very vital it is to have a PURPOSE built AIWB holster until you actually have one.

Hopefully when my DGL #4 arrives I will be happy. I have reverted back to my favorite IWB, the Alessi PCH, until the DGL is ready as I was unhappy with trying to make non-purposefully built IWBs work as an AIWB.