PDA

View Full Version : Sig 320 Single Stack

UNK
11-02-2015, 10:00 AM
What are your feelings about a modern single stack gun for carry in the Sig 320 Platform.
You can vote for as many sizes as you would be interested in.

Nephrology
11-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Is there chatter that SIG will be releasing one?

UNK
11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Only thing I have heard is when I talk to myself. To me it stands to reason that they would want to offer something in direct competition to the G43 and Shield.
I mentioned it to customer service when I placed my last order through Sig.

Is there chatter that SIG will be releasing one?

PPGMD
11-02-2015, 10:24 AM
I want to see a small Shield sized P320 based gun in 9mm. I don't think you can keep the modularity and make it small enough, but that isn't a huge loss as I don't see much point of a single stack outside of the super small guns.

UNK
11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't find any real difference between a single stack subcompact and a compact. I prefer the larger grip.

I want to see a small Shield sized P320 based gun in 9mm. I don't think you can keep the modularity and make it small enough, but that isn't a huge loss as I don't see much point of a single stack outside of the super small guns.

BehindBlueI's
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
With the understanding I probably wouldn't buy one regardless, I went full size/compact. I dig my P220/P245 combo for on duty/off duty, so it just seemed the natural choice.

Clusterfrack
11-02-2015, 12:42 PM
I voted for the subcompact, but like BrianB, I prefer the larger grip. The Glock 43 is nice, but I prefer a 26 if I need a subcompact. The 320c slide on a subcompact grip is looking like a winning combination for me when I need a smaller gun.

davisj
11-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Didn't see an option for "other" but I'd like to see a single stack in the M&P 22 Compact size range. Slightly longer/taller than a Shield but more bullets without excessive height would be a sweet spot IMO.

okie john
11-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Didn't see an option for "other" but I'd like to see a single stack in the M&P 22 Compact size range. Slightly longer/taller than a Shield but more bullets without excessive height would be a sweet spot IMO.

Bingo. Just large enough to reload/manipulate as fast as a G19.

Okie John

Hauptmann
11-02-2015, 03:21 PM
I carry a P239 9mm for most off duty applications. I like the gun, and shoot it about as well as my full sized P226 out to 25yrds. That being said, I have shot a number of other makes of firearms and really like H&K's offerings. A double stacked, P2000SK 9mm is about the same thickness as a P239, and it holds two extra rounds. I am required to use Sig Sauer classic pistols, but if I wasn't I would probably switch to H&Ks.

BILLG
11-05-2015, 09:38 AM
If I am going to carry a single stack which I do it will be a 1911 full size.

UNK
11-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Is that smaller than a subcompact?

runcible
11-09-2015, 12:21 PM
BB,

If the Shield is considered a subcompact, and DJ would like it taller and longer then same; night we call that compact in overall size?

A la "single stack G19" concept...

UNK
11-09-2015, 12:29 PM
OK I mis read his post thanks. I'm surprised at lack of interest.

BB,

If the Shield is considered a subcompact, and DJ would like it taller and longer then same; night we call that compact in overall size?

A la "single stack G19" concept...

HCM
11-09-2015, 12:35 PM

I agree on a shield size P320. It is worth giving up at the modularity to have a true BUG size gun would help SIGs law-enforcement sales. The shield is a good target size wise, I personally find the Glock 43 to be too small. The P320SC seems to be closer in size to the M&P compact then to the Glock 26.

A compact/full-size single stack make sense for those in restricted states. For example something like an eight round single stack compact and a 10 round single stack of full-size which wouldn't use neutered magazines affecting reliability. It also might not be a bad choice for those with smaller hands