PDA

View Full Version : Week 136: Sweet Sixteen

Mr_White
10-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Week 136: Sweet Sixteen

Results may be posted until November 30th, 2015.

Designed by: Todd Louis Green
Range: varies
Target: 3x5 card
Start position: ready; standing unsupported
Rounds fired: 16

This is a variation of a classic walkback drill.

You get exactly sixteen rounds. You can begin with the target at any distance you choose.

Fire one round at the target. If you hit, add one yard and repeat. If you miss, stay at the same distance and repeat
Your score is the farthest target that you successfully hit.

If you miss three times at the same distance, the drill ends even if you still have ammunition remaining. E.g., if you miss your first shot at the 7yd line, then miss your second attempt at the 7yd line, and miss your third attempt at the 7yd line the drill is over even if you have only fired three rounds and scored no hits. This prevents someone from beginning at the 50yd line and hoping for one hit out of 16 shots.

If you don't miss, you'll end up 15yd farther than your first shot. E.g., if you start at the 5yd line and get all your hits, your last shot will be at the 20yd line.

For added adventure, you can repeat the drill SHO and WHO.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Starting distance
Distance of farthest successful hit

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Luke
10-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Woke up this morning (afternoon?) and was very pleased to see a new DOTW! I shot this cold, prior to shooting I dry fired at the index card for 3 dry fires lol

Started at 7 yards
Ended at 21 yards
Ran out of ammo at 21
Total of 12 hits on target (I split it into 2 index cards for easier seeing without walking up)
I have a little trouble measuring 1 yard, I didn't do a final measure until I finished the drill, so during the drill I was moving back like 1.3 yards at a time lol

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/hook_setter/3DAF2499-3453-450E-949E-AD7DB517864D_zps4mfsaqge.jpg (http://s400.photobucket.com/user/hook_setter/media/3DAF2499-3453-450E-949E-AD7DB517864D_zps4mfsaqge.jpg.html)

Luke
10-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Decided to give it a try weak hand only. I was very surprised! I think my weak hand only is better than strong hand, which is odd.

Once again I counted (guesstimated) wrong and Ended up farther after a final measure.
Started at 3 yards, ended at 13, missed all 3 from the 14 yard line :(

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/hook_setter/F956CEE9-D5E9-4346-B565-1FD5E86B04D2_zps3tmk060q.jpg (http://s400.photobucket.com/user/hook_setter/media/F956CEE9-D5E9-4346-B565-1FD5E86B04D2_zps3tmk060q.jpg.html)

scw2
10-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Started at 5 yards, and finished last hit at 17 yards. Missed 2 shots at 13 yards (low) and 1 shot at 17 yards (high). I do not think it was flinching at 13 yards, just poor alignment, but who knows. Will definitely run this one again.

I set up 2 index cards based on Wannabe's comment, which was smart once I was shooting further distances.

I really enjoyed this drill. This surprised me as I've never tried to hit such a small target at such long distances, but I was able to hit the card and never missed horribly on any of my shots. I struggled with my big, wide front sight. I really couldn't see the cards anymore at like around 13-15 yards or so, not exactly sure. Had to extrapolate and 'trust' the shot would hit the target. How do others shoot small targets at long distances when you really can't see the target at all?

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but will try to run this drill again. Also, I thought it was funny that I was trying to hit a target with a pistol at a further distance than someone had their target for rifle.

MVS
10-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Started at 5 yards, ended at 18. Forgot my phone so didn't get pictures. As I got farther back my hits got a little high, haven't noticed this before but these are fairly new sights on this G17, Ameriglo I dot pro's.

JHC
10-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Gun RTF2 G17, green HD sights, minus connector, and 115 grain Lawman ammo. Thank you GJM for recommending this ammo. Kevin B also who was using it a couple Sats ago to great effect. This would not have gone so well with the Magtech or PPU I've recently shot up from SGammo.com. I'm hooked on the Lawman.

I started at 10 yards and then moved back in 5 yard increments. I made it back to 45 yards. Notice I placed the 3x5 card in the vertical axis. Sue me. ;) https://www.flickr.com/photos/78036189@N07/22018372144/in/dateposted-public/

I remembered the GoPro after 45 yard hit and on the way to 50. That's when this picks up. It's long and boring with all the walking back and forth. I missed all three at 50 but then had two rounds left so I went back to 45 yards on tape to get a "cheaters proof" hit recorded. Got the hit on the last 45 yard shot for the 2nd hit from 45.

File was too large for Flickr but it's set to Public on FB if one can get in there. https://www.facebook.com/joe.carlson.391/videos/vb.1806506652/10203807425625203/?type=3&theater

Luke
10-31-2015, 12:15 PM
That is some amazing shooting!!!

MVS
10-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Gun RTF2 G17, green HD sights, minus connector, and 115 grain Lawman ammo. Thank you GJM for recommending this ammo. Kevin B also who was using it a couple Sats ago to great effect. This would not have gone so well with the Magtech or PPU I've recently shot up from SGammo.com. I'm hooked on the Lawman.

I started at 10 yards and then moved back in 5 yard increments. I made it back to 45 yards. Notice I placed the 3x5 card in the vertical axis. Sue me. ;) https://www.flickr.com/photos/78036189@N07/22018372144/in/dateposted-public/

I remembered the GoPro after 45 yard hit and on the way to 50. That's when this picks up. It's long and boring with all the walking back and forth. I missed all three at 50 but then had two rounds left so I went back to 45 yards on tape to get a "cheaters proof" hit recorded. Got the hit on the last 45 yard shot for the 2nd hit from 45.

File was too large for Flickr but it's set to Public on FB if one can get in there. https://www.facebook.com/joe.carlson.391/videos/vb.1806506652/10203807425625203/?type=3&theater

Impressive! I will have to check to be sure, but I don't believe I would be able to see a 3X5 at 50 yards.

scw2
10-31-2015, 12:49 PM
[/url]

Wow, great shooting!

Can you see the targets at that range? I'm struggle to even make out the bright green index cards at like 17 yards, let alone 45. I assume some if it may have to do with the width of the front sight, but I imagine there is more going on there besides just that factor. I guess what I'm saying is, how do you approach shooting tiny targets at really long distances where you may no longer be able to see what you're aiming at?

JHC
10-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Wow, great shooting!

Can you see the targets at that range? I'm struggle to even make out the bright green index cards at like 17 yards, let alone 45. I assume some if it may have to do with the width of the front sight, but I imagine there is more going on there besides just that factor. I guess what I'm saying is, how do you approach shooting tiny targets at really long distances where you may no longer be able to see what you're aiming at?

I can make out the vertical white card, centered on the wider than the card HD front, using 6 o'clock hold. Its fuzzy and all. It's just the press. I was getting real good presses and hearing Hackathorn say to imagine that empty case balanced on the front sight for every shot.

oh . . . and uhmmm . . . bullet proof coffee today. Just sayin

scw2
10-31-2015, 01:27 PM
I can make out the vertical white card, centered on the wider than the card HD front, using 6 o'clock hold. Its fuzzy and all. It's just the press. I was getting real good presses and hearing Hackathorn say to imagine that empty case balanced on the front sight for every shot.

Ahhh thanks, 6 o'clock hold makes sense. I think my CZ is sighted in so dot on the front sight = POI, so not sure how to manage that. ::confused: Oh well, guess I'll just have to learn how to shoot it that way.

MVS
10-31-2015, 04:13 PM

Maybe I need to start drinking coffee instead of diet pop. I think I am old enough.

Kevin B.
10-31-2015, 04:29 PM
I shot this instead of my normal warm-up. I used a GEN4 G17 with Heinie Ledge sights and 115-grain Blazer (aluminum).

I started at 25 yards and moved back in 1 yard-ish increments.

Last hit was at 37 yards. Missed my first/last shot from the 38.

JHC
10-31-2015, 05:20 PM
I shot this instead of my normal warm-up. I used a GEN4 G17 with Heinie Ledge sights and 115-grain Blazer (aluminum).

I started at 25 yards and moved back in 1 yard-ish increments.

Last hit was at 37 yards. Missed my first/last shot from the 38.

Yeah I might have insinuated it was to be shot cold. ;) I kid I kid. I warmed with your 150 drill plus checking holds on a dry run to 30. So lathered up basically lol

Matt O
11-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Gave this an attempt today with the Beretta. Started at 15 yards and made it to 27 yards. I forgot to record where I dropped my shots and left the index card at the range, but obviously I dropped 3 somewhere in there. I also wanted to try it out with my reloads for the 1911 as .45 semi-wadcutters leave such beautiful round holes, but ran out of time. I'll give this another shot next time.

bigslim
11-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Started on the 3 yard line (ego boost) and ended up on the 14.

I have adjusted my support hand grip and it has paid off big time. My misses where clearly miss aligned sights vise me pushing the gun durning the trigger press.

Mike

Range1
11-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Was able to shoot this today with my M&P 9 Pro Series. Started at the 5 and got to the 18. Dropped 2 rounds at the 16 letting sights drift to the right. Got my concentration back and made the next ones. Good exercise. Will be using it again starting a little farther back. Felt pretty good after this so tried the iHack again. Should have saved my ammo and time. Got a lot to work on yet.

WobblyPossum
11-05-2015, 01:20 PM
G19 Gen3.
Start: 10 yards
End: 17 Yards

1 miss at 15 yards.
2 at 16 yards.
3 at 17 yards, thus ending the drill.

BN
11-05-2015, 04:07 PM
I shot this with 4 different pistols today.

Gen 3 G-17 Started at 5 yards, ended at 22 yds. 3 misses.

Kahr PM9 Started at 5 yards I think, ended at 17 yds. 10 hits, missed 3 at 18 yds. Misses were about 1 inch high in a tight group.

CZ P-01 Started at 5 yards, ended at 24 yards. clean run, 16 hits. :)

CZ-75 Started at 5 yards, ended at 23 yds. 15 hits, 1 miss at 23 yds.

After each shot, I took a giant step backwards, so the distances might not be exact.

scw2
11-05-2015, 04:25 PM
CZ-75 Started at 5 yards, ended at 23 yds. 15 hits, 1 miss at 23 yds.

Oh, you have a CZ 75 too! :) I had a POA/POI question.... I shot this drill with the index cards sideways, and as far as I could tell I should be driving the dot and not holding at 6 oclock with the factory installed night sights. However, I couldn't see the index cards really due to the width of the front sight once I was at like 15 yards. I noticed you were shooting with the index cards vertical. Are you still able to see a small white blob at the top of your sight while driving the dot?

BN
11-05-2015, 06:08 PM
scw2, that's a question that doesn't have a definite answer. :(

It depends on your gun and ammo. You have to shoot it and see. If you are driving the dot at close range, it might hit near the top of the sight at distance.

I usually try to sight in my guns to hit at the tip of the front sight at 25 yards. On my G-17 that means I have to drive the dot at 5 yards as I found out the other day. One time I sighted a pistol to hit at the top of the front sight at 7 yards. Then it was hitting several inches high at 25 yards.

I can just barely see good enough to see the card at distance. :) Beyond 10 yards, I had to walk up on the target to see if I hit it.

Check some ballistics charts to see what I mean.

Mr_White
11-05-2015, 06:26 PM
One time I sighted a pistol to hit at the top of the front sight at 7 yards. Then it was hitting several inches high at 25 yards.

I like to imagine bullets as determined little unicorns streaking a slightly rainbow shaped path to the target.

BN
11-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I had to leave before I could explain more.

Look at your pistol from the side. Notice that the sights are higher on the pistol than the barrel. The barrel of your pistol is actually pointed up. After the bullet leaves the barrel, it will travel up and at some point, the bullet will cross the line of sight and then travel in a Unicorn rainbow arc above the line of sight. Then at a later time it will come down because of gravity, and start to travel below the line of sight. The bullet weight and velocity will determine the exact Unicorn rainbow arc.

Your pistol is only exactly sighted in at the 2 points where it crosses the rainbow. When we are shooting very close, small targets like those **&^%*#@ 1" squares is where I have a problem. :)

My PM9 was hitting high at the longer range. If I had held low on the target, my score would have been better.

Does that clear anything up??

scw2
11-05-2015, 10:12 PM
I had to leave before I could explain more.

Look at your pistol from the side. Notice that the sights are higher on the pistol than the barrel. The barrel of your pistol is actually pointed up. After the bullet leaves the barrel, it will travel up and at some point, the bullet will cross the line of sight and then travel in a Unicorn rainbow arc above the line of sight. Then at a later time it will come down because of gravity, and start to travel below the line of sight. The bullet weight and velocity will determine the exact Unicorn rainbow arc.

Your pistol is only exactly sighted in at the 2 points where it crosses the rainbow. When we are shooting very close, small targets like those **&^%*#@ 1" squares is where I have a problem. :)

My PM9 was hitting high at the longer range. If I had held low on the target, my score would have been better.

Does that clear anything up??

Thanks! Actually it makes perfect sense. I guess there is no 'quick' answer and I just need to test out how my gun is sighted in at X distance and adjust my aim based on how far away my target is. One more wrinkle in mentally calculating how to aim a gun that I never really considered.

scw2
11-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Ran this drill again, this time with vertical cards. Definitely easier to see, but shooting this made it clear I'm pushing shots left even when I'm not pushing shots low. I need to improve trigger press and grip. Started at 10 yds, failed at 18 yds (tried and missed left twice). Should practice calling my shots doing this drill.

DEG
11-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Great drill. I shot this cold about five minutes ago. Gen4 Glock 19 with HD sights. Stock trigger and everything else with an Apex extractor. Federal Lawman 115 grain ammo.

I started at 7 yards, and ended at 20 yards. I missed one shot at 17 yards, and one shot at 19 yards.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/f97f32272dd58ed31fdc03ff33cf62cd.jpg

That Guy
11-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Gun used: Walther P99 with Trijicon HD sights. First shot at any given distance was DA, if I missed, following shot was SA.

The description did not say anything about the orientation of the cards, so I placed them vertically. This made actually being able to aim at them with the HD sights much easier. Also, not having a tape measure with yards on it, I used meters.

Starting distance was 8 meters. Ran out of ammo at 20 meters.

This was my first live fire training for two weeks. I had warmed up with three (particularly poorly shot...) FAST drills before this. I was actually quite surprised how well I was able to shoot this, considering my overall performance today...

DEG
11-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Ran it again this morning after I warmed up with about 10 FAST drills and some strong hand/support hand at 7 yards.

Same gear and ammo as earlier today. Started at 7 yards, and ended at 21 yards. One miss at 15 yards and the other at 21 yards.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/7c4dc274764fb132e486d6a0dbd12761.jpg

JHC
11-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Shooting this thing cold is legit guys.

JHC
11-08-2015, 04:10 PM
After considerable warmup I repeated this with a couple twists. SHO with the RTF2 G17 and freestyle with the G42.

RTF2 G17 HD sights, I started at 25 yards, got a hit and hit in 5 yard increments, hitting at 40, missing 3 at 45. https://www.flickr.com/photos/78036189@N07/22259105773/in/dateposted-public/ other marked hits from B8 warmup and card hits from freestyle POI check, before SHO. I commonly see a couple inches of elevation of POI at 25 yds with SHO/WHO vs freestyle which I assume is due to less grip pressure and more recoil movement before the slug exits the barrel (shrug)

Then freestyle with the G42, HD sights - 7, 10, 15 yards, hit at 20 yards then, missed 3 from 25. https://www.flickr.com/photos/78036189@N07/22461930098/in/dateposted-public/

Chris Rhines
11-09-2015, 09:29 AM
I didn't shoot this cold, since there was another drill I wanted to shoot cold instead. #trainingproblems

Using my 9mm STI with some five-year-old 147grn. handloads.

Freestyle - started at 7 yards, third miss at 13 yards.
SHO - started at 7 yards, third miss at 16 yards.
WHO - started at 5 yards, out of ammo at 19 yards.

WTF?

Luke
11-09-2015, 11:34 AM
My guess is.yoi were going too fast. Both hands you knew you got (had? Lol) it, strong hand you slowed a little because single hand, weak hand you put the brakes on and executed the proper fundamentals slowly. At least that's how it worked out for me.

taadski
11-09-2015, 03:13 PM
I shot this one last night about half an hour before dark. Pistol was my duty and carry gun, a stock Sig 226. Dawson tritium sights. For those that care, the set I use has a .145 square rear notch and a .125 front. They have a white ring on the front (kinda like a white HD ring) and no outline on the rears.

I oriented the 3 x 5 vertically. I started at the 15 and moved in 5 yard increments. I actually missed twice at the 25 with both misses about an inch left of the card edge. :-/ First shot hit at the 30, second shot hit at the 35 and missed X3 at the 40. All shots were double action.

Incidentally, I went 2/3 at the 40 in SA immediately afterward. For a long time, I actually felt like I shot better long range precision in DA, having a formative wheel gun backround, but that seems perhaps to be changing some. I guess it's not that much of a surprise given almost all my shooting these days is with DA/SA pistols. [shrug]

Good fun.

And great shooting JHC. Especially with a Block. ;-)

t

Mr_White
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Should practice calling my shots doing this drill.

You should practice calling your shots every single time you pull the trigger, in both live fire and dry.

scw2
11-09-2015, 04:04 PM
You should practice calling your shots every single time you pull the trigger, in both live fire and dry.

I try though it's easy in dry fire. Sometimes I can do it in live fire other times I struggle mightily. Should have a checklist of stuff I need to focus on and print it out and bring it with me to the range

Grant P
11-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Sweet 16 was shot on 11-9-15.
I liked this little spiced up walk back variation.

Started at 7 yards.
Missed 2x at 12 yards.
Ended at 17 yards.

I will try SHO and WHO next range session.

42TNred
11-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Shot this three times. Shot it from 5-20 yards. Shot it clean with the G19 and my Colt 1911. Last attempt was with my G43. Surprised that I didn't experience a miss until 16 yards and then again at 18. I recently installed a Ghost connector in the G43 and it made all the difference in the world to me in regard to trigger pull. Mine from the factory had to be close to 8 lbs. Now it feels like every other Glock I have ever owned and is much more shootable for me.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/09ac07bc80beee51f9bf74aa39a41dc7.jpg

scw2
11-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Shot this again vertically, starting at 10yd. Missed once at 10yd, then once at 16/17 yd, then failed 3x at 18.

Observations:
1. work on calling shots
2. missed fewer shots to get to 18 yds, so improved over last time, and the misses at 18 weren't as bad either
3. Glad for this drill as I don't normally work at accuracy over longer distances.

Will maybe try SHO next time

BehindBlueI's
11-13-2015, 02:04 PM
I haven't live fired in over a month and had two weeks with no access to firearms so no dry fire. I started at 5y and worked my way back.

P226, factory American Eagle 180gr FMJ.

5y-10y:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/Docwagon1776/Ruger/20151113_105529_zpsopp0xmxo.jpg

Then to 15y:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/Docwagon1776/Ruger/20151113_105802_zpsiufo9sub.jpg

Then finished:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/Docwagon1776/Ruger/20151113_110428_zpsljfdrrtu.jpg

Missed once at the 17y, front sight was high as I broke the trigger.

S&W Model 29-2, 6" barrel. 200gr semi-jacketed bullet over 15.3 grains of Accurate #5. I started at 7 yards:

First cylinder, 7y-12y:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/Docwagon1776/Ruger/20151113_111239_zpsyt70lego.jpg

Final result:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/Docwagon1776/Ruger/20151113_111713_zpsr7cdjdvr.jpg

One miss at 14y, one at 17y, and final shot at 19y. I milked it a bit and pushed it low/left. The others were just low, and a sight alignment issue. The orange insert takes a little getting used to after spending so long with dot sights.

**Edited to add: All shots in DA with both guns**

Mickey
11-13-2015, 09:52 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/13/5b06acf1a9370984f099124d82894435.jpg
Started at the 3 yard line
Farthest successful hit 17 yards.

This was a good drill for me this week I have been practicing my "press outs" this week, all shots were taken in D/A during a press out. Missed once at the 16 yard line and 3 putted at 18 yards.

DEG
11-15-2015, 09:41 AM
HK P30 LEM, Trijicon HD/yellow front, and Lawman 115 ammo. Started at 7 and finished at 22 yards.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/08ee48ee56ecffd197698b04077ca39d.jpg

2alpha-down0
11-15-2015, 04:36 PM
M&P 9, Speer Lawman 147gr
Started at 7yd, ended at 19yds.

Clobbersaurus
11-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Beretta 92D Centurion, 124g AE

Started at 7 and ended the drill at 20 yards, I guess I was walking back farther than 1 yard at a time. As distance increased I started to drop shots a little low. Trying to compensate for this, my last shot was high, over the top of the target. Trigger press was the issue, not the sights...
http://i.imgur.com/9iMrowJl.jpg

ACP230
11-17-2015, 01:50 PM
I did this drill Nov. 4 with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 and a S&W M38 .38 Special.
Ammo was 158 grain LSWC reloads with Unique and a mix of .38 cases. Card was
stapled up horizontally. Ten shots of the 16 both times.

I started out with the Blackhawk. It's got a six and a half inch barrel standard Ruger
wood grips and has been around for a long time.
I started at five yards and got four in the low center of the 3x5. Then at 10 and 11 yards I put a couple
high and left from longer yardages. Then started missing high and did so three times. (Still a good group up there.)
Final distance--12 yards. I'd gone from bright sun into shade by then. I wonder if that had something to do with my misses.

Then tried with the M38 carry gun. It has a very thin front blade which seemed to help for a while. It was easy
to see against the white 3x5. Started at three yards. Group was about the same place as the Blackhawk.
Seven hits from three to 12 yards and one high and left. Then, in the shade again, started missing high with the M38 as
well. One of those hits should probably be discarded. I hit at six yards and fired another hit there by mistake.
Misses started at 15 yards.

scw2
11-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Tried this again today. Ran it horizontally to be the same as the 2 to 3x5 in 5. Started at 7 yards, threw one horribly low at 12 (didn't call my shot unfortunately, something to work on) and made the rest of my shots until my last shot, which was a miss at 21 yards. Barely missed. I think the prior times I had only hit at 17 yards before failing. Eventually maybe Ill be able to shoot at 25 yards, then shoot tighter groups. Pretty cool though!.

JHC
11-23-2015, 07:33 AM
That's great!

bigslim
11-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Starting distance: 3 yards
Distance of farthest successful hit: 16 yards

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/bigslim3k/IMG_1627_zpswl8jz5ch.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bigslim3k/media/IMG_1627_zpswl8jz5ch.jpg.html)

Mike

scw2
11-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Started at 10 yards, last hit at 19
Missed 6 shots :(
Shot my CZ 75 SP01

What I noticed - my hits were generally in a "group", but some anticipation going on throwing shots low. Need to work that out with just more firing into backstop without aiming and just trying to acclimate my body to the noise and flash.

Also, the anticipation was also driven by the need to 'fire now' as I'd be holding the gun up for a long time, I'd start to get tired, then 'go' when it was aligned. No good. Better to reset, or learn to shoot sooner.

9mmBrad
11-30-2015, 10:28 AM
G43:
Started at 4yds
Last hit at 13yds

XDm:
Started at 5yds
Last hit at 13yds

I think I got lucky with the G43 at 13 and I fell apart at 14 with the XDm.

bigslim
11-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Sweet Sixteen
Starting distance: 3 yards
Distance of farthest successful hit: 14 yards
Miss at 9, 12 x 2, 13, and 15

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/bigslim3k/IMG_1680_zpsp27elg7s.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bigslim3k/media/IMG_1680_zpsp27elg7s.jpg.html)

Mike