PDA

View Full Version : High and right

mscott327
09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
I've waiting for the right time to post. so here we go. i recently bought a glock 30. I've had a S&W 659 for about 20 years.I just got into IDPA and I love it. I've been dry fire training for about a month and i perform the wall drill pretty well. I can also balance a quarter on the front sight when working on trigger control exercises. I had a 3.5 ghost rocket with over travel installed by the ghost rep at a local gun show. I also had him put on steel glock sights (both front and rear). even before the trigger and sight changeouts i was shooting right. i thought it was the sights, but today high and right was the pattern. Here's the twist. I'm left handed and cross eye dominant (dominant right eye). does anyone have any suggestions?

Failure2Stop
09-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Distance you were shooting from, group size, position on target from POA on target to center of group?
Any called fliers (gun went boom when sights were not where you wanted them)?

It could be a result of pushing into recoil with the firing hand, but it might be sights, depending.
Hard to really tell over the net (at least for me it is).

mscott327
09-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Distance you were shooting from, group size, position on target from POA on target to center of group?
Any called fliers (gun went boom when sights were not where you wanted them)?

It could be a result of pushing into recoil with the firing hand, but it might be sights, depending.
Hard to really tell over the net (at least for me it is).

Distance was 15 yards (range only had 15 and 25 yards) This is not my normal practice range (I wont go there again!)
I attached a photo of the target
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww80/mscott327/IMG_00000002.jpg

Failure2Stop
09-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Due to the amount of dispersion I am seeing at 15 yds I am inclined to believe that you have some pre-ignition push going on.
This would tell me that a few hours of dry-fire and ball and dummy will do more than stabbing the sights will do.

JV_
09-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Out of curiosity, what are you focusing on when pulling the trigger? The front sight or the target?

mscott327
09-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what are you focusing on when pulling the trigger? The front sight or the target?

I'm leaning toward pushing. I practice dry fire drills 3-4 times a week. I practice trigger control drills by putting a quarter on the front sight. I can perform this drill flawlessly 2h, SHO and WHO.
I think i need ball and dummy. I'm just not sure being crosseye dominant that I'm actually aiming where I think I'm aiming.