PDA

View Full Version : Nok knives Clinch Pick trainer

imp1295
10-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Just got this in and figured I would share looks like a good trainer, just need to figure out a sheath solution. Noktrainingknives.webs.com (http://noktrainingknives.webs.com/)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/22/5748aa22dacb01df155dcbcf0ff015ab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imp1295
10-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Damn spell check changed it from "Nok" to "Nokia"

Think you can help a brother out Tom?

Thanks

NickA
10-22-2015, 03:49 PM
I think most folks are just tucking it between their belt and pants.
Yeah that works pretty well. It's "grippy" enough to stay in place if you cinch down your belt a bit.

Dropkick
10-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I've seen a couple guys use velcro. Put the "loop" on the trainer, and the "hook" on a belt or such.

That's what I do, and it works pretty well.

orionz06
10-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Just tuck it, or use some velcro.

You can use a metal trainer and sheath for drilling access and the Nok for drilling use of the blade. Your partners will thank you.

imp1295
10-23-2015, 06:05 AM
Thanks for all the replies and advice.

I started working with it just tucked under in the same carry position and all the advice seems sound and functional. I'll need to test it under some pressure with partners but as stated, I pretty sure they will appreciate the nok vs a metal trainer.

helothar
10-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Any benefits to this one over the shivworks trainer?

orionz06
10-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Any benefits to this one over the shivworks trainer?

You can strike with it. Any metal trainer is still too much of a point and too hard to use for strikes, especially ranging type strikes where a more live effort is used. With a Nok knife you can give a pretty good blast and not harm your partners.

Both are wise to have.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Cecil Burch
10-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Both are wise to have.

Exactly. The metal trainer is great working access and deployment. You DO NOT use it in contact with a partner. When contact is a possibility (even inadvertently), you go to the soft alternative.

And I have taught two seminars in the past three weeks. In both, everyone was going at full speed and power, in contact with a partner(s), and everyone just stuck the Nok into their belts or waistbands the way it was mentioned above, and not one person lost a knife in the struggle. For short training drills, that method is more than capable.

Chuck Haggard
10-26-2015, 02:28 PM
I noted what Cecil said while I was attending his class down in Dallas. The belt tuck thing works very well for this trainer.

I'm glad my sparring partner in the final roll was using one of these, otherwise I would have felt bad about stabbing him with his own knife several times.

_JD_
10-26-2015, 04:47 PM
I picked on of these up after attending Chris Fry's block of instruction @ the TAC Conference this year. Pretty happy with it so far.