PDA

View Full Version : USOSR8/762C Rifle Scope Review

Ironman
10-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Well as most of you know my YT channel main focus is NFA Reviews (see what I did there) however, this scope was so intuitive and fun to use I had to make a review and share it with you! It's funny, the day we get out to shoot the life fire portion...was the windiest day in FL all year lol figures as wind is almost non existent here. It didn't matter though. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmTXf62MeY

Sensei
10-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm a little confused. Does this scope have the 1X red dot? The price of $2100 is less than the red dot equipped SR8 and your video didn't show images of the illumination settings. However, the PRI webpage says that the scope can be used as a reflex sight at 1X, which is difficult without a red dot.

Ironman
10-27-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm a little confused. Does this scope have the 1X red dot? The price of $2100 is less than the red dot equipped SR8 and your video didn't show images of the illumination settings. However, the PRI webpage says that the scope can be used as a reflex sight at 1X, which is difficult without a red dot.

It illuminates. I mention it in the first min of the video. I'd doesn't have a dot though, it illuminates the crosshairs.

Sensei
10-28-2015, 09:24 AM
It illuminates. I mention it in the first min of the video. I'd doesn't have a dot though, it illuminates the crosshairs.

OK, so this is basically an enhanced reticle for the standard illumination model SR8. Normal retail for that model is about $1500, so you are paying about $600 for the PFI reticle. Without the red dot, I'm not sure that the scope can function as a reflex site like the PFI webpage claims. A 1x red dot would be great but probably drive the price into CQBSS or S&B territory.

Did you notice any optical distortions at the periphery on high magnifications? The latter portions of this thread have pictures of the problem http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?121201-US-Optics-SR8-(1-8x30mm)/page13. I believe there is also a review on sniper hide that describes the phenomenon.