PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails or Resized Images

GRV
10-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Is there any way when I directly upload images and include them in a post to have them automatically resized or shown as a thumbnail? Resizing a bunch of pictures by hand is a serious deterrent to uploading pictures for my training journal and DotW.

GRV
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM

Testing.

GRV
10-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Huh. It appears I didn't do enough research into this. I was expecting to see an option somewhere, or relevant BB tags for resizing/thumbnails. But I guess it "just works". I was afraid to proceed with uploading a bunch of very large images to my training journal, as I recall people being chided for uploading images without cropping/resizing them in the past.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Digiroc
04-08-2016, 06:26 AM
I'm having trouble adding a photo to my profile picture. What am I missing?

GRV
04-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Since we've resurrected this...

When you link to an external image, there's an option to save a local copy. This often fails because the image is too big. Of course, in those cases, the image is often too big to comfortable fit in a post anyway. An option to thumbnail/resize linked images would be super cool. Though, I wonder if it's too much of a resource hog.

Peally
04-08-2016, 12:10 PM
If you're worried just save the photo to your desktop, open in Microsoft Paint, and hit the resize button to use whatever percentage trips your trigger.