PDA

View Full Version : 92 Compact

23JAZ
10-16-2015, 09:53 PM
I apologize if this has already been covered. I did search the forum and did not find anything. My question is can the Beretta 92 Compact be converted to decocker only? I keep hearing conflicting info. If it can, I feel like for me that would be my grail gun.

LHS
10-16-2015, 10:02 PM
I apologize if this has already been covered. I did search the forum and did not find anything. My question is can the Beretta 92 Compact be converted to decocker only? I keep hearing conflicting info. If it can, I feel like for me that would be my grail gun.

I'm pretty sure Wilson Combat can do so. It does require machine work, though. Give them a ping and ask.

LHS
10-16-2015, 10:02 PM
And every now and then, a factory 92G compact shows up.

GJM
10-16-2015, 10:15 PM
And every now and then, a factory 92G compact shows up.

Maybe even more so in the not too distant future.

Sal Picante
10-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes.

I sold mine to GJM, then bought it back from GJM. (Allgeheny Gun Works did mine.)

Wilson can do them too (and sells the g-Decocker, though the std plastic one works too)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/731798/PF/2015-10-16%2022.33.34.jpg

23JAZ
10-16-2015, 11:23 PM
thank you very much for the replies. GJM do you think it would be wise of me to hold tight for a few months or go the Wilson route?

LHS
10-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Maybe even more so in the not too distant future.

I've heard whispers of such, but I never count chickens prior to hatching.

Pennzoil
10-17-2015, 01:25 AM
I'd recommend waiting for beretta to release one. I wouldn't recommend WC for the conversion.

I had a beretta 92 compact converted by Wilson Combat and the gun had issues. Decocker lever wouldn't also return to normal position and experienced light primer strikes on first round after decocking. I had to send the slide back to Wilson Combat for them to fix it. Decocker feels like it should now but haven't tested it yet. Geting the gun fixed through Wilson Combat's customer service was PITA imho.

I have another consecutive serial number compact I wanted to have done once this gun was good to go. Probably not going to send in the second one now. I plan on writing up a review once I know the gun was good.

YVK
10-17-2015, 06:49 AM
I've had a full sized 92 vertec slide converted by AGW and, like Les, haven't had any problems. Since then there were reports of problems with their work and AGW did acknowledge that. Considering Pennzoil's post, it seems like the conversion isn't an easy thing to do. I still did send my Compact to AGW after they told me they had rectified their issues as my initial experience with them was all positive. It's been there since May so it is getting to where I would think hard about sending my stuff there again.

GJM
10-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Wilson converted a 92A1 for me, and the decocker works perfectly. All things considered, though, I would rather start with a G, for reasons of cost, avoiding the hassle of shipping/waiting, and risk of an imperfect job.

Beretta and WC have been on the roll this past year, so I would be inclined to wait a bit and see if something materializes that meets your needs, and is complete right out of the box.

JSGlock34
10-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Wilson converted a 92A1 for me, and the decocker works perfectly. All things considered, though, I would rather start with a G, for reasons of cost, avoiding the hassle of shipping/waiting, and risk of an imperfect job.

Beretta and WC have been on the roll this past year, so I would be inclined to wait a bit and see if something materializes that meets your needs, and is complete right out of the box.

Good advice here. Bill Wilson stated on Beretta forum that he has two other projects planned with Beretta USA. He stated one will be smaller than a Brigadier Tactical and larger than a compact (Centurion?).

I had talked about the Compact 92 briefly with Ernest Langdon; his preference in a compact Beretta is the PX4, which is easily converted to 'G'. The 92 Compact is still quite large.

Sal Picante
10-17-2015, 01:31 PM
The 92 Compact is still quite large.

What do you have against "fat bottomed girls"?

;)

45dotACP
10-17-2015, 04:52 PM
The fat bottoms pinch my hands on reloads...I've started shooting with my pinky extended like I'm sipping tea with the Dutchess of Gardone....

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Sal Picante
10-17-2015, 05:16 PM
The fat bottoms pinch my hands on reloads...

Yeah, gotta shift the pinky away... I've got huge hands, but it never bugged me... Hell, I don't even know how I reload these things - maybe I'll get a video.

landsharkleather
10-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Is it possible to get a compact with a dove tail front sights? The sights on the compacts are crap.

breakingtime91
10-17-2015, 05:45 PM
The fat bottoms pinch my hands on reloads...I've started shooting with my pinky extended like I'm sipping tea with the Dutchess of Gardone....

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

sounds sophisticated, not sure why that would be an issue.. :cool:

Dave J
10-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Is it possible to get a compact with a dove tail front sights? The sights on the compacts are crap.

IIRC, I've heard rumors that a few Compact Vertec slides were made, but have never seen one. Unfortunately, there is no readily available source for such a thing.

I'm hoping Bill Wilson convinces Beretta to make more.

GJM
10-17-2015, 08:03 PM

;)

I have heard they are more enthusiastic.

The BrigTac project has been so successful, I bet there may be more interesting collaborations between WC and BUSA. Bill-retta is quite fond of the 92G Compact and Centurion, so maybe neat new things will materialize in the future in 92 world.

warpedcamshaft
10-17-2015, 08:15 PM

;)

I've always appreciated how they make the rockin' world go round.

LHS
10-22-2015, 11:41 AM
IIRC, I've heard rumors that a few Compact Vertec slides were made, but have never seen one. Unfortunately, there is no readily available source for such a thing.

I'm hoping Bill Wilson convinces Beretta to make more.

They were made, but are rate as hen's teeth and I don't think they were ever released to the public. I would love to see the M9A3 slide become standard across the product line, including compact versions.

Edwin
10-25-2015, 01:48 AM
I actually saw a photo the other day of a compact with dovetailed front sight and could not tell wtf it was. Turns out it was 92FS-Compact Type “M”, one Of 25 M-11 Samples for the M-11 Gov’t testing.