PDA

View Full Version : Healthy food ideas for Night shift?

secondstoryguy
10-16-2015, 10:56 AM
I've been trying to eat cleaner but I'm getting bored with the 4-5 meals that I have on the menu. I typically cook and pack meals for 2-3 days of working nights. Anyone have some good recipes or ideas for easy to prepare healthy meals that keep? How about snacks?

Kyle Reese
10-16-2015, 11:09 AM
They have some decent recipes here (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/healthy-recipe-database.html). Includes meals and snacks.

UNK
10-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Boil a couple of on the bone chicken breast in chicken broth. Shred the chicken for chicken sandwiches or salad.

Greek salad
Cut into aprox 3/4 squares 4 bell peppers. Cut up 4 roma tomatoes. Cut an English cucumber and olive slices to taste. Mix well
Store in screw tops individual serving size containers. Before shift apply liberally feta cheese and juice half a lemon. Shake well with lid on and store in a cooler. That recipe should last 5-6- days.

Also Plain Greek yogurt with some bran nuts cereal is a high protein high fiber snack.

Get Skinny Rules book. it has healthy eating recommendations and recipes. all are high protein low carb. There is also a website which has more recipes.