PDA

View Full Version : Custom sheath for Outdoor Edge Hybrid Hunter?

That Guy
10-16-2015, 06:44 AM
A local hardware store was selling these pretty nifty knives called Hybrid Hunter, made my Outdoor Edge. Nice blade shape, a grip that works well in all sorts of grips, pretty cheap price - so I just had to buy one. However, the sheath is a pretty weak nylon contraption. I haven't been able to find anyone who makes a better sheath for this. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Please note that shipping the knife internationally to the sheath maker and back is probably a bit too expensive considering the low budget nature of the knife.

Drang
10-16-2015, 08:52 PM
This one?
AmazonSmile: Outdoor Edge HH-20N Hybrid Hunter Ultra-Light Deep Bellied Drop-Point for All Outdoor Uses Complete with Quality Nylon Sheath: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Edge-HH-20N-Ultra-Light-Drop-Point/dp/B001E8I6A8/ref=sr_1_41?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1445046661&sr=1-41&keywords=outdoor+edge+knives)

Options:
1) Buy some leather and make it yourself.
2) Buy some kydex, ditto.
3) Maybe you can google up a replacement sheath, I don't know, but I think I'd go with leather or kydex, if it's available.

That Guy
10-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Yup, that one. A surprisingly good knife.

Yes, I'm aware of the DIY-route. Not having done that before, I'm bound to get things wrong at least at first. I was hoping my Google-fu is simply weak and there is a turn-key solution. :) If not, well, I guess I have another project in the queue. :)

Rich@CCC
11-10-2015, 08:41 PM
I doubt anyone will have that blade in their custom sheath inventory but anything is possible.

If you want to have a go at making your own with Kydex, PM me. I'll help out any way I can, materials, instruction, ideas, what ever.