PDA

View Full Version : Any P2000SK LEM owners near Tampa FL?

RJ
10-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Longshot maybe, but: if there is anyone on the forum that has a H&K P2000SK with an LEM trigger, near Tampa Florida, who would not mind letting me take a look at it (and, ideally, letting me shoot a box of ammo), please could you let me know here or via PM.

I'm trying to narrow down my new CCW pistol, and have arrived at the P2000SK LEM as my 'first' choice.

It seems to fit in the sweet spot of reliability, safety, accuracy, size, and mag capacity.

Problem is, you just don't see these in my local shops, let alone at anyplace that rents one.

I'm actually nearer Clearwater, and could travel up to 100 miles. I would either bring ammo, or buy yours, either way, plus offer to buy you lunch. I'd be happy to meet up at your local range, and/or bring my VP9 to shoot, if you were interested.

I'm retired, so my schedule is flexible.

Thanks a bunch.

Rich

JeffDG
04-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Im a good 3-4 hours away just north of West Palm, but if you're ever in the area let me know. I've got a P2000sk you can shoot.

RJ
04-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Thanks!

I ended up buying a PPS M2, love it so far.

gqllc007
04-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Thanks!

Good move. I HAD a P2000sk LEM. I never could shoot it very well. Not that small either. I also have a PPS M2. Great little pistol

kehowell
04-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks!

Why did you choose the PPS M2 over the H&K? Just curious

RJ
04-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Why did you choose the PPS M2 over the H&K? Just curious

Basically: Width.

I wanted a carry gun that *I* could carry. I found width was a big deal for me. I am not a big guy (5'7") and the PPS M2 feels fantastic in my hand. 400+ rounds, zero malfunctions, including 164 rounds from concealment at Rangemaster's Tac Con '16 in John Murphy's class and the shooting match.

I liked the HKs; heck, my game gun is a VP9. The P2000SK was nice, but the lite LEM I tried did not excite. I shot the P2000, and was, meh. Same for the USP Compact and USP 45 (meh, plus, big).

So, nothing wrong with HKs, they just weren't single stacks.

(I did shoot a relative's P7M8 and P7M13, very interesting range day.)

More info/rational here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16312-Shield-or-P30-SK-or-something-else&p=400452&viewfull=1#post400452

(That thread also kinda has my journey in finding the PPS M2; for info.)

My wife loves shooting it; she's said it was the easiest to shoot accurately of all the small 9mms we tried.

kehowell
04-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Good information - thanks. The first 9mm I ever shot was the H&K P30sk. I liked the grip. I followed the recommendations from here and bought the P2000 LEM. As an inexperienced shooter I guess I was swayed by the guy "what brung me" and stayed with H&K. One day I may try others but I bought this primarily for home defense so it serves that purpose well and I do like shooting it at the range.

gqllc007
04-12-2016, 07:36 AM
I had several HK's and I ended up getting rid of all of them. They were 100% reliable and very high quality. I just found them a "little" too big and wide to carry. Plus I shot Glock's better than HK's and Glock's are priced less. I have not missed any of my HK's and for target or range use I ended up with a Sig level one Xfive that I love. To each his own though as HK makes excellent weapons. I also had a factory full auto MP5 that was 100% reliable as well.