PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Customer Service...

JDM
10-05-2015, 08:55 PM
About two weeks ago, I knocked over my rifle, and the 12:00 mounted Surefire X300 absorbed the brunt of the impact. The impact broke one of the screws that holds the rail guide to the body of the light leaving half the screw in the body of the light and the other half in the rail guide. No big deal, I'll call up Surefire, get an RMA, and have my light back good as new in a couple weeks.

Fast forward to this evening... I got off work and was happy to see a box with a Fountain Valley, CA return address waiting for me on my porch. I open the box expecting my old X300 back in working order and a Surefire decal, and instead find a BRAND NEW X300 Ultra !

Surefure replaced my purchased second hand, who knows how old, trivial to repair, damaged through carelessness weapon light, with a brand new one...no questions asked.

I have had good experiences with Surefire CS before, but this absolutely takes the cake.

ReverendMeat
10-06-2015, 02:42 AM
That is awesome, it's nice to hear about companies that go above and beyond like that

theJanitor
10-06-2015, 03:39 AM
Glad they took care of you

I've normally had good luck with SF, but the last time around, they took three months to fix my EB2 (it wouldn't go to high beam). Each month I called and it seemed to move my light further along the path to repair with each call. This was after calling and describing the problem. The lady on the service line said that maybe my tail cap failed and she would send me a new one. Two weeks later a pocket clip arrived. When I called to declare that the incorrect part arrived, the next service guy said that they don't ship out tail caps, and gave me an RMA. In all, about four months to fix a brand new light

JDM
10-06-2015, 08:14 AM

I've normally had good luck with SF, but the last time around, they took three months to fix my EB2 (it wouldn't go to high beam). Each month I called and it seemed to move my light further along the path to repair with each call. This was after calling and describing the problem. The lady on the service line said that maybe my tail cap failed and she would send me a new one. Two weeks later a pocket clip arrived. When I called to declare that the incorrect part arrived, the next service guy said that they don't ship out tail caps, and gave me an RMA. In all, about four months to fix a brand new light

That's awful.

I wonder if there are any human based services that are immune from the occasional "bad experience". Surely SF wasn't trying to shit on you, yet they managed to anyway.

UNK
10-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Opposite of my experience. They mailed a tailcap to me. This has been a few years ago.

theJanitor
10-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Opposite of my experience. They mailed a tailcap to me. This has been a few years ago.

Yup, they mailed me a new tailcap for my old LX2 when the rubber broke. :confused: