PDA

View Full Version : HiTS Revolver Round-Up Casualty

Chance
10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
As I mentioned in the course announcement (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16998-HiTS-Revolver-Round-Up-Oct-3-4-Dallas-TX), the only thing I knew about revolvers going into this class was that they were called "revolvers" because the thingy in the middle spun around. So when Darryl was kind inconsiderate enough to loan me his S&W Model 686 SSR, I didn't really know what to think.

"It's pretty, I guess. These grips (http://www.nill-griffe.com/Products/Revolver_Grips_29.html) are cool."

Then I fired it, and the next day, this happened:

Last one Cabela's had in all of D/FW. I kept telling Darryl he should have loaned me a shittier gun, and he thought I was joking.

theJanitor
10-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Shoulda given him the new one as a thank you gesture. I bet his is all worn in, I mean, "worn out".

Chance
10-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Shoulda given him the new one as a thank you gesture. I bet his is all worn in, I mean, "worn out".

Saying, "Darryl has enough revolvers" is an understatement.

Dagga Boy
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I m an unabashed enabler. Mine actually has a great dry practice action job, and is really my beater because it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.
I read the title and was worried, but now my heart leaps with joy.

I also have to admit that after seeing all my double action revolvers laid out in one place, I am even a little disgusted with myself an realizing that I have commited the sin of Glutony.

Rosco Benson
10-05-2015, 12:09 PM
it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.

I am so stealing this!

Rosco

Chance
10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
I m an unabashed enabler. Mine actually has a great dry practice action job, and is really my beater because it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.

What is a "dry practice action job"? Is it safe to dry fire in its present condition? Now that I have a gun that's not a soulless plastic people popper, I'm going to have to learn to take care of her.

I also have to admit that after seeing all my double action revolvers laid out in one place, I am even a little disgusted with myself an realizing that I have commited the sin of Glutony.

I tried to count them, and stopped at "a lot." Do you actually know how many you have? There had to have been at least 50 there.

Malamute
10-05-2015, 02:43 PM

If it would make you feel better not to have so many around all the time, I know a secure, offsite (to you) location that could store a couple later, less desirable longer barrelled 27's.

Just trying to help you feel better about having so many piled up together.

Dagga Boy
10-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Chance, I spend a ton of time with that gun loaded with Azoom dummy rounds doing dry practice drills, and engaging things I find evil on TV. The nice things about the new soulless guns is that if you break it dry practicing, send it back. I found that just practicing smooths a lot of the action. I think it is a positive aspect of the MIM parts.

Dagga Boy
10-05-2015, 07:00 PM
If it would make you feel better not to have so many around all the time, I know a secure, offsite (to you) location that could store a couple later, less desirable longer barrelled 27's.

Just trying to help you feel better about having so many piled up together.

You have always been a giver....:)

Beat Trash
10-06-2015, 09:53 AM

The only cure for that sin is to rid yourself of temptation. I'm sure you will find some kind hearted souls here willing to take all of those revolvers off of your hands. Except of course for the one pictured above, as it's soul leaked out of that hole in the side.

Totem Polar
10-06-2015, 10:46 AM
I am so stealing this!

Rosco

Me too.

Antonius
10-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Nyeti,

You are definitely not guilty of gluttony.

Your collection is still incomplete.

I didn't see a single .41 Magnum on any of those tables! ;)

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hizzie
10-08-2015, 03:22 PM
I warned you bro. Just wait till you start shopping for a set of Herretts stocks.

Dagga Boy
10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Forget Herrets....it's the addiction to Nill's that will bankrupt you.

LtDave
10-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Or Farrants and Spegels.

GJM
10-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Chance, I spend a ton of time with that gun loaded with Azoom dummy rounds doing dry practice drills, and engaging things I find evil on TV. The nice things about the new soulless guns is that if you break it dry practicing, send it back. I found that just practicing smooths a lot of the action. I think it is a positive aspect of the MIM parts.

are dummy rounds recommended with a Smith non .22 DA revolver?

Dagga Boy
10-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Or Farrants and Spegels.

A ton of Spegels are in my collection and my daily carry stuff. I have one set of Farrants on a 4" model 15....it's a Malloy thing.

are dummy rounds recommended with a Smith non .22 DA revolver?

I don't think so, but I use them to practice my loading and manipulations.

SeriousStudent
10-12-2015, 10:45 PM
When the instructor tells you "I need four big strong folks to help me carry something..." He's not kidding.

I actually got to help unpack, check and display all those pistols. I can die content now.

Jakus
10-14-2015, 06:12 PM
The after class purchasing continues...

Still waiting on .357 ammo to deliver and leather for the GP 100 to ship.

Mike Pipes
10-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Good lookin stuff Jake........CYA RETRO

Wayne Dobbs
10-14-2015, 09:27 PM
The after class purchasing continues...

Still waiting on .357 ammo to deliver and leather for the GP 100 to ship.

Hope you enjoy that M&P 340 as much as Darryl and I do ours. It's a near perfect pocket J-frame. I hope you're not going to shoot .357 ammo in it though. It's just perfect with a +P load. I did find out that the factory stocks will not allow use of a speedloader.

SeriousStudent
10-14-2015, 09:43 PM
My 686 arrived just after class was over - natch. But it has beautiful cocobolo grips. I did get the unused 3" barrel for it on the way, and am actively hunting a smith to install it, in place of the 4" tube it currently wears. Anyone have a recommendation on who to send it to?

I've also got a 640 Pro on it's way as well. Next payday will likely bring a 340 with CT grips as the new ankle rig.

Jakus
10-14-2015, 09:51 PM
No intentions of putting any .357 through the M&P 340, I plan to shoot some of the 135 gr +p Gold Dots to check the accuracy and recoil. I also have some wadcutters if the Gold dots don't seem like they'll work for me or my wife. I did get some .357 magnum 158 gr. Gold dots just to have some around for the GP 100. I be curious if anyone has compared the 135 gr .38 +p gold dots vs the 158 gr .357 gold dots out of a 3 inch barrel.