PDA

View Full Version : Izula Sheaths

ssb
09-30-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm looking to carry my old Izula, or at least have the capability to do so if I wanted. The Clinch Pick covers my defensive needs but it's certainly no utility knife. I'd like to stay away from the Clinch Pick orientation (forward of the hip, handle below the belt) as I think the handle on the Izula is too long for me to effectively conceal that. I'm thinking maybe weak side IWB or OWB, oriented straight up or with a slight cant.

Anybody doing this? If so, what would you recommend?

Up1911Fan
09-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Versa Sheath from Rich at CCC.

aboveandbeyond
09-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Bladerigs would make nice sheath for you. Completely ambi, low pro, blade can be oriented in eithet direction, clip can attach onto just abouy anythinh.

Only minor negatives, you'll more than likely have to send blade in and wait a few weeks for completion. Cost is a bit high, however, all but one of my fixed blades has a bladerigs/ tracker dan sheath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHC
10-01-2015, 01:51 AM
The Dark Star sheath for this awesome utility blade carries it horizontal; not handle lower. It conceals very well.

HCM
10-01-2015, 06:46 AM
The Dark Star sheath for this awesome utility blade carries it horizontal; not handle lower. It conceals very well.

This ^^^*. I have one for my Izula - it carries parallel to the belt and is cut to allow a full grip while still in the sheath.

vaspence
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM

3rds on this recommendation. Awesome sheath and does conceal very well.

ssb
10-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

The intermediate solution I decided on is to order the clip plate for the OEM Izula sheath to see how it fits oriented vertically IWB. If that works out, I'll look into a more dedicated sheath like the BladeRigs one. If not, I'll start looking at something like the DSG sheath.

ReverendMeat
10-21-2015, 04:19 PM
I've got an Izula on the way and am considering the DSG sheath, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how and where to carry the thing so it's not super obvious. Could any of y'all using the DSG sheath share a picture of how you have it set up?

Dark Star Gear
10-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Here is a Candiru in the same spot as I used to carry it.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/435E62FB-6444-496E-97A9-37A859A85C4D-15019-000010FEEED4F219.jpg

SeriousStudent
10-21-2015, 08:46 PM
I have a DSG Candiru sheath, and it works very well.

Wait, I used to have a DSG Candiru sheath, and now my daughter loves carrying it to protect my granddaughter.

I stand corrected.

JM Campbell
10-21-2015, 09:00 PM
I use mine from DSG when I need a more heavy duty knife ie out at wife's bosses ranch. Very handy knife and sheath, hasn't been knocked loose of unable to cut what I've needed to cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MK11
10-22-2015, 08:18 AM
I've got a factory clip plate set up for IWB with a reverse edge in grip for an Izula II. Frankly, I'm not loving it. Uncomfortable for appendix carry and the clip needs to hook on a belt to release the knife, but fitting the clip over a belt can be difficult.

I'd love to find a good sheath for AIWB reverse grip fopr the Izula and a Benchmade Nimvarus Cub.