PDA

View Full Version : IWB Mag carriers

MadMax17
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Just wondering if anybody uses IWB mag carriers? Or is OWB generally accepted (I'll be carrying AIWB).

If so, what are some good producers?

Thanks,
Max

Dagga Boy
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Generally, I hate them and find them very uncomfortable. With that said I do have a couple from TT Gunleather for the Hk P7 for very deep concealment work that are actually not a torture to wear all day, and efficient to draw from. Tim Thurner spaces the loops out quite a ways that seems to be the secret to making this work. Keep in mind that I am a full-size fat person and skinny people may have a different take on this.

Tamara
09-18-2011, 11:08 PM
What nyeti said.

Carrying just the pistol IWB already requires me to buy my jeans a size large. Also, a mag carrier is nondescript enough that, should my gun burkha ride up, people will probably assume it's a holder for a multitool or knife or other belt impedimenta so common in our modern gadget-heavy society.

Odin Bravo One
09-19-2011, 04:47 AM
I personally don't care for them. Like Tam already mentioned, we start IWB by buying a size too big anyway, and adding an extra inch or inch and a half for yet enother item to be stored IWB can get a little uncomfortable. Of course, everyone has their own idea's of what is comfortable and what isn't. And of course everyone's idea of concealed is a little different, as is their requirement. In some cases, deep concealment to prevent a fashion or social "oops" is one thing. Deep concealment in other cases can be the difference between being armed for necessary protection purposes and a trip to the fingernail factory if inadvertantly exposed.

All of that said, I have been using an IWB holster and IWB single mag pouch made by JRC Holsters (who is also a member here), and it is as comfortable as it can be given the environment. Still, it gets old after several hours in the heat. I have other options, but keeping everything well concealed is more important to me than total comfort. As with everything......it is a trade off.

rsa-otc
09-19-2011, 06:27 AM
When I carried single stack I was able to use IWB at 8 o'clock right behind my left hip. I nestled it right in the dimple in my left back side cheek. I was 6'4" 185 at the time. I have yet to find a double stack IWB pouch that works at this time. Of course I'm 25 years and 50 Lbs older right now. (Working on the 50 lbs, nothing I can do about the 25 years :()