PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax County, VA FD accepting applications 9/26-10/2 - mil service preferred qual

punkey71
09-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Posting this due to the heavy NoVa & MD presence on PF.

The Fairfax County (VA) Fire & Rescue Department (FCFRD) is accepting applications for fireman from September 26-October 2nd.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/recruitment/

***The FCFRD gives preferred qualification status to those with military service.***

If you are a VA/NREMT paramedic they are ALWAYS accepting your applications. The October 2nd deadline is only for non-medics.

Recruit school is ~ 5 months and after that pay is ~ $65K per year with a fair amount of overtime available. Medics ~$80k with more OT available than you would ever want!

It's shift work consisting of ~ten 24hr shifts per month.

Apply if you are even remotely interested. The open application period for non-medics only happens about every 6 months and it only lasts a week.

I'm not in recruitment and I don't have any influence - just posting as a heads up for anyone interested.

If anyone has any additional questions please post them here for all to see or PM me.

Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

punkey71
04-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Bump.

Open again for 1 week starting today.

April 2, 2016-April 8, 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh Runkle
04-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Seems pretty straightforward. Sounds like a decent opportunity for those in that area.