PDA

View Full Version : FN FNX

pew_pew
09-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Haven't seen these talked about for a while. Who has one? How do you like it?

StraitR
09-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Don't have one myself, but I found and posted this not long ago...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16891-Interesting-FNX-frame-flexing

It's a sample of one, but it's certainly interesting.

pew_pew
09-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Don't have one myself, but I found and posted this not long ago...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16891-Interesting-FNX-frame-flexing

It's a sample of one, but it's certainly interesting.

Yea I saw that and I'm not concerned. Definitely not typical. There's also controversy floating around that this dude was boiling the frame or something. Don't think he did that, but I'm definitely not worried about a gumby frame.

Default.mp3
09-22-2015, 03:13 PM
I fingerfucked an FNX-45 several times at my LGS out of boredom. Two things stood out: I'm not a fan of the safety location, as it is too low for me to properly ride (my support hand palm would cover the safety), and the magazines would sometimes catch halfway in while I tried to reload them (not sure on what, but I'd have to slightly adjust them to get them to slip in, or else bang the Hell out of them).

Gray222
09-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Owned a 45 tactical. Great gun.

If they made a 9mm version of if id own two.

okie john
09-22-2015, 05:17 PM
I had a 9mm for a while.

They come with three mags, which is nice, but aftermarket support is pretty limited. Basically, they're solid. That said, mine was shockingly inaccurate, which surprised me because people say that the FNS is a tack-driver. I do NOT think this is typical of FN pistols--I think I just got a bad one.

Okie John

pew_pew
09-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Where do you guys put your strong hand thumb? I've been hearing that it can be an issue. Can you ride the safety/decocker like a 1911. If you go below it, it'd be real awkward and you wouldn't have a high enough grip.

Luke
09-22-2015, 09:45 PM
I wasn't able to work with the saftey (just handling one for a little while, no real work). Couldn't ride them and couldn't keep my hand under them. I'd suggest fondling one before you buy one.

StraitR
09-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Yea I saw that and I'm not concerned. Definitely not typical. There's also controversy floating around that this dude was boiling the frame or something. Don't think he did that, but I'm definitely not worried about a gumby frame.

You asked for info, I gave some, do with it what you wish. And FWIW, the gun belongs to Dustin Ellerman, winner of Top Shot Season 3, and I highly doubt he boiled the frame to score a few views on his YT channel.

09-25-2015, 11:05 AM
For such an esteemed member of the shooting world, why does he point his weapon and make child like "pew pew" noises treating his guns like toys in the beginning of the video? A vague chopped video at that with no view of what occurred before his tabletop discovery. Besides does being on Hollywood tv make him more believable?

StraitR
09-25-2015, 07:35 PM
For such an esteemed member of the shooting world, why does he point his weapon and make child like "pew pew" noises treating his guns like toys in the beginning of the video? A vague chopped video at that with no view of what occurred before his tabletop discovery. Besides does being on Hollywood tv make him more believable?

Maybe he's having fun, maybe it's viewed as entertainment, I don't know, and his actions are inconsequential to me. Why don't you send him a message and ask? I don't think winning TS makes him more believable, but that and his day job being the Director of his family's Christian camp lends one to believe he has less to gain and more to lose by fixing YT videos.

Welcome to the forum.

StraitR
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Update on Dustin's FNX45...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGq1uwoOSHs