PDA

View Full Version : Sig P320 trigger problem......

stingray
09-17-2015, 05:34 PM
I have a P320 compact. It was running good. Now the trigger won't "reset". I shot a match with it last night and it seemed to be running "slow" as my split times were off.
When I finished cleaning and putting it back together, I found the trigger won't reset without pushing forward on the trigger.

I tried hosing the fire control unit with gun scrubber, then applied oil. I was thinking maybe something was hanging things up. Nope. Still no trigger reset.

Any suggestions?

gtmtnbiker98
09-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Contact Bruce Gray at Gray Guns. He is asking for any problems to be reported to him. He will probably offer to evaluate and fix the problem.

Have you disassembled the fire control unit from the grip module to check the trigger spring? Have you performed any "mods?"

stingray
09-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Contact Bruce Gray at Gray Guns. He is asking for any problems to be reported to him. He will probably offer to evaluate and fix the problem.

Have you disassembled the fire control unit from the grip module to check the trigger spring? Have you performed any "mods?"

I sent Bruce a message. All I have done is specifically in the owners manual-with the exception of removing the mag release. The trigger bar/spring seems to be in order. But what do I know.....

Alma
09-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Any chance you have had the trigger bar spring off of the gun? If you aren't careful when reinstalling the trigger bar spring then you can deform it. That might result in the problem you are describing.

stingray
09-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Any chance you have had the trigger bar spring off of the gun? If you aren't careful when reinstalling the trigger bar spring then you can deform it. That might result in the problem you are describing.

Nope. I've done nothing that isn't in the owners manual.

Alma
09-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Nope. I've done nothing that isn't in the owners manual.

Interesting. Is the reset still working the same? In other words when dry firing do you get the "second click" and standard reset even after the striker has been released?
Also, you have double checked that your trigger stop pin is still in place?

stingray
09-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Interesting. Is the reset still working the same? In other words when dry firing do you get the "second click" and standard reset even after the striker has been released?
Also, you have double checked that your trigger stop pin is still in place?

No, that's the kicker. Pull the trigger, striker goes click but then the trigger stays in the pulled position and does not return forward for the next shot. Looking at the parts list, my guess is it has something to do with the trigger spring. (Has to be something stupid that never breaks.)

Luke
09-17-2015, 07:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygc_OzU-7zs&app=desktop

Found that on Google. I know your symptoms are different but maybe worth a look before sending it off?

stingray
09-17-2015, 07:12 PM

Found that on Google. I know your symptoms are different but maybe worth a look before sending it off?

I found that video before coming here for help. Not the problem.

I'm heading to the P320 armorers course in a couple of weeks. At the very least, I'll hand it to the instructor and let him/her look at it.

Alma
09-17-2015, 07:54 PM
I found that video before coming here for help. Not the problem.

I'm heading to the P320 armorers course in a couple of weeks. At the very least, I'll hand it to the instructor and let him/her look at it.

So..., I may have had a similar self-induced issue caused by deforming my trigger bar spring by bending it a way that it wasn't designed to be bent during reassembly... or maybe I just heard about I guy who did that once.
It sounds very similar anyway but I don't know how that could have happened without removing that part. Either way let's eliminate a few things. Can you remove your FCU, disengage the takedown safety (push up on your slide catch), and run the trigger to see if it resets in isolation from the slide assembly? It should.

Alma
09-17-2015, 08:01 PM

That video is actually pretty misleading. Since the takedown safety remains engaged you can't get a magazine into the gun making it impossible for someone to make this mistake without realizing it. I made a video response to it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXcrADPYy0&feature=youtu.be

stingray
09-17-2015, 08:02 PM
So..., I may have had a similar self-induced issue caused by deforming my trigger bar spring by bending it a way that it wasn't designed to be bent during reassembly... or maybe I just heard about I guy who did that once.
It sounds very similar anyway but I don't know how that could have happened without removing that part. Either way let's eliminate a few things. Can you remove your FCU, disengage the takedown safety (push up on your slide catch), and run the trigger to see if it resets in isolation from the slide assembly? It should.

The trigger moves slightly forward but not enough to reset for what would be a normal trigger pull.

stingray
09-17-2015, 08:06 PM
That video is actually pretty misleading. Since the takedown safety remains engaged you can't get a magazine into the gun making it impossible for someone to make this mistake without realizing it. I made a video response to it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXcrADPYy0&feature=youtu.be

Again, I pull the trigger to the rear and it stays there. The trigger does not move forward after it has been pulled to the rear, without me pushing the trigger forward.

SteveB
09-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Again, I pull the trigger to the rear and it stays there. The trigger does not move forward after it has been pulled to the rear, without me pushing the trigger forward.

If that was a Glock, I'd say it was a broken trigger (return) spring.

stingray
09-17-2015, 08:16 PM
If that was a Glock, I'd say it was a broken trigger (return) spring.

Agreed. According to the manual it might be the trigger spring-same principle as the trigger return spring.

Alma
09-17-2015, 08:17 PM

This is how a new trigger return spring looks. One that is damaged may sit at a different angle. As long as there are no other obstructions it seems like the most likely source. Sorry to hear about your issue and I wish I could offer a more direct way to remediate or confirm for sure.
My recommendation would be to give SIG a call or wait out until the armorer's course.
http://i.imgur.com/jJIybYkh.jpg

stingray
09-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Mine looks like yours, except I'm not willing to remove mine.

BUT I some how seem to have resolved the problem. Not quite sure what happened but the trigger now returns as it should. Just a very odd experience with what otherwise seems to be a great gun.