PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21SF

mongooseman
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Just picked up a G21SF .45 caliber Glock. I shot the regular 21 a few years ago and was impressed with the accuracy and lack of recoil. Did not like the grip. About two weeks ago I picked this one up and was immediately impressed with the grip. I occasionally function check used weapons at my part time and 50 rounds later I was really impressed. I had planned to get a stock G19 or G17 to transform into a Z.E.D. (Zombie Elimination Device), but I opted for the .45. Anyone have any suggestions for accessories, especially holsters?

WDW
09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
I love my 21SF. I will save you some heartache, if you have the ambi-mag release frame, go ahead and box it up and send it to Glock for a standard mag release SF frame.

orionz06
09-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Look into the compatibility of the Vickers extended controls, they are a very low cost improvement. Just installed 2 more sets tonight.

mongooseman
09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
"I love my 21SF. I will save you some heartache, if you have the ambi-mag release frame, go ahead and box it up and send it to Glock for a standard mag release SF frame."

10mm,

What exactly is the problem with the ambidextrous mag release?

WDW
09-16-2011, 01:51 AM
"I love my 21SF. I will save you some heartache, if you have the ambi-mag release frame, go ahead and box it up and send it to Glock for a standard mag release SF frame."

10mm,

What exactly is the problem with the ambidextrous mag release?
What isn't wrong with it would be a better question. It has a tendency to stick in the engaged position, making a mag insertion impossible, as it will just fall out. Also, depending on what side you depress, the entire component can come completely out of the frame leaving you with a bad situation. I wouldn't have believed it hadn't experienced these things myself and a bunch of guys on here had the same problem and told me what to do. I called Glock and they said send in your frame and we will send you a new one. Glock knows about the defect. I got my new frame in two weeks and the gun runs flawlessly now.

mongooseman
09-16-2011, 06:00 AM
10mm

Thanks for the reply! Back to Glock it goes!

VolGrad
09-16-2011, 07:02 AM
I had to have an Ambi replaced as well. I think the Ambis were more ill fated than the Gen4s. :D

mongooseman
09-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Spoke to Glock CS today. Very helpful. And hey, at least they admit there is a problem with that model!

AlanR
09-17-2011, 11:53 AM
MM...the only holster I own for my G21SF is a Dale Fricke Gideon Elite. Fantastic holster. Small, strong and keeps the G21 tight to the body. I like the way Dale "melts" the edges on his holsters.

Forgot to add...get an extended slide release...makes a world of difference. I am using the OEM extended version. Wish I could find one for my G36. The factory slide release on my pistol simply blows.

[Anyone have any suggestions for accessories, especially holsters?[/QUOTE]

xcibes
09-22-2011, 09:40 PM
What isn't wrong with it would be a better question. It has a tendency to stick in the engaged position, making a mag insertion impossible, as it will just fall out. Also, depending on what side you depress, the entire component can come completely out of the frame leaving you with a bad situation. I wouldn't have believed it hadn't experienced these things myself and a bunch of guys on here had the same problem and told me what to do. I called Glock and they said send in your frame and we will send you a new one. Glock knows about the defect. I got my new frame in two weeks and the gun runs flawlessly now.

DAMN IT!!!! I just got one of these...AAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!! I knew I shold have not done it. Oh hell... off to Glock it will go as well! Glad I signed up for this forum or I would not have known in time to keep me from possibly experiencing a nasty situation. I guess a thank you is in order.