PDA

View Full Version : Rugged Surge 762 review

LittleLebowski
09-10-2015, 06:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZlHxpVYbw

Hansohn Brothers
09-10-2015, 10:19 AM
I haven't had the chance to watch the video, but I have had the Surge in stock for a few months. Considering Henry Graham's past, the Surge is an improved SpecWar, IMHO. I have a demo model coming and will be happy to let PF members try it.

Sensei
09-10-2015, 02:02 PM
IMHO, Rugged is in the same category as Dead Air - both are probably (I have no first hand experience) excellent build/quality, but...

That "but" is my concern for their longevity. They are new companies with talented leadership, but lord only knows what the future holds. Will both companies be around in 10 years to support today's product? Will they diversify their mounting options (I think that neither has a flash hider mounting option)?

Questions like those keep me loyal to more established players - namely KAC, SF, SilencerCo. I may come around in 2 or 3 years and revisit Rugged if they have expanded their product line and demonstrated staying power.

LittleLebowski
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I expected more buzz about this suppressor given the way you can change the length of it.

Hansohn Brothers
09-10-2015, 05:14 PM
They are just now getting into a individual owners' hands. I received my order June 1 (I was a later order) so add 4 to 5 months for a form 4 to go through. Also consider there was only one distributor at the time, before June, that carried Rugged. Kinda hard to create a buzz when no end-users can report.

Sensei
09-10-2015, 09:30 PM
I expected more buzz about this suppressor given the way you can change the length of it.

I think that part of the issue for people who want a compact will be that the K configuration is not that much shorter than the full size - just 1.5 inches. It really doesn't compare to the SOCOM Mini and KAC QDC CQB if you have the need for a compact suppressor. The K configuration of the Surge is 7.5" compared to 5" for the Mini and 4.78" for the QDC CQB.