PDA

View Full Version : Hansohn Brothers introduction

Hansohn Brothers
09-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Hi all!

With LittleLebowski's encouragement, I finally got the nerve up to post here. I've lurked on and off for a while and find Pistol-Forum's personality refreshing. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something for the better of the forum. My goal isn't to sell and pollute the forum with ads, but to be a resource available to PF's members when it comes to the world of NFA.

Hansohn Brothers has had it's FFL since 2010 and added the SOT 2012. We now focus on suppressors and accessories.

A little about myself. I've been attending training courses since 1994 when Virginia passed shall carry legislation; NRA Refuse to Be A Victim and nothing until 2001. I met Steve Silverman (FR&I) in 1998 on the GlockList, finally took his Level 2 class in 2001 and was introduced to serious training. Like most first time students, I trained with him for several years, not venturing to train with other instructors. Then, as I'm sure most of you can relate, it struck me that need to train with others. So I took Pat Rogers' CoC in 2007 (the last class at MCB Quantico) since I wanted to learn more about the AR platform than what I was taught at Ft. Benning any years before. Since then I've trained with John Murphy and Noel Robleto.

Enough of my rambling, it's a pleasure to be here. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Chris

voodoo_man
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Welcome!

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I dealt with Hansohn Brothers as a customer and got to know them that way. I got my Spectre II ordered from their site with zero drama. They've handled four Form 4s for me, each time the Form 4 was filed the day of purchase. I cannot overstate how good that is. They are local to NoVA and also have excellent transfer fees for our group buy coming up (hopefully).

Hansohn Brothers
09-03-2015, 06:26 PM
I dealt with Hansohn Brothers as a customer and got to know them that way. I got my Spectre II ordered from their site with zero drama. They've handled four Form 4s for me, each time the Form 4 was filed the day of purchase. I cannot overstate how good that is. They are local to NoVA and also have excellent transfer fees for our group buy coming up (hopefully).After hearing so many horror stories from customers about dealers that never filed form 4s, I provide a copy within 24 hours of purchase as a piece of mind. It has everything needed to chase NFA branch for status updates. Give the process time before clogging NFA Branch's phone lines though, LOL. Even though we are just south of NoVA, we are within an hour of Charlottesville and Fredericksburg.

As for the group buy, I'm happy to charge $5 for the transfer.

Kyle Reese
09-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Welcome! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JSGlock34
09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Welcome! Anything special planned for Labor Day?

Hansohn Brothers
09-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Silencerco Saker 556, Saker K, Sparrow, Osprey 9, Osprey K and Warlock on sale. Not as deep as other dealers, but still decent. While supplies last of course.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/info&manufacturer_id=13

LittleLebowski
09-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Silencerco Saker 556, Saker K, Sparrow, Osprey 9, Osprey K and Warlock on sale. Not as deep as other dealers, but still decent. While supplies last of course.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/info&manufacturer_id=13

Good pricing on that Warlock II at $190.

Super J
09-15-2015, 11:59 PM
Welcome!

johnson
09-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Welcome, Chris.

How would you compare the TBAC 22L-1 (only concerned with .22 LR) to the other rimfire ones that you carry? I have one along with the Sparrow and will maybe be looking at getting something else next year, if not a 9mm can.

LittleLebowski
10-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Welcome, Chris.

How would you compare the TBAC 22L-1 (only concerned with .22 LR) to the other rimfire ones that you carry? I have one along with the Sparrow and will maybe be looking at getting something else next year, if not a 9mm can.

Bump for Chris.

Hansohn Brothers
10-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Welcome, Chris.

The TBAC it is right there with the best; good tone, good suppression, light weight... It excels at everything. A lot of people are turned off by not being able to take it apart, but if you have a sonic cleaner, that's a non-issue.

Sorry late on the reply.

Isaac
02-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Gonna take LLs advice on the 2 rimfire cans. On your website, it says to add a stamp tax per can- but it says VA. This is my 1st time, how does this work for non-Va residents?

-Florida

VolGrad
02-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Nice. I found you on another forum a while back. I think I bought a Ruger American from you a while back and maybe we did a couple of small deals on other stuff - maybe knives? BHK maybe?

punkey71
02-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Gonna take LLs advice on the 2 rimfire cans. On your website, it says to add a stamp tax per can- but it says VA. This is my 1st time, how does this work for non-Va residents?

-Florida

I'd give Chris Hansohn a call and he'll walk you through it.

Hansohn is good people - they'll take care of you.

Hansohnbrothers.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hansohn Brothers
02-19-2016, 06:08 PM

-Florida

This works like most other firearm transfers; purchase through our website or give us a call. We will have to transfer to the dealer of your choice in your state so no need to purchase the NFA tax. Your dealer will handle the transfer to you (form 4 and NFA tax).

Chris

Hansohn Brothers
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Nice. I found you on another forum a while back. I think I bought a Ruger American from you a while back and maybe we did a couple of small deals on other stuff - maybe knives? BHK maybe?
Of course I remember you, from the ESEE forum. I think there was a BHK in there, maybe a Bush Baby?

VolGrad
02-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Of course I remember you, from the ESEE forum. I think there was a BHK in there, maybe a Bush Baby?

It wasn't a Bush Baby I don't think - it was one of the smaller blade models. It was my first BHK. I think I bought a Ruger American from you as well. I thought you were going out of business though? I thought you had clearanced the American and closing the doors due to big box competition or something. Glad to see you are still around and even growing.

Hansohn Brothers
02-21-2016, 04:31 PM
It wasn't a Bush Baby I don't think - it was one of the smaller blade models. It was my first BHK. I think I bought a Ruger American from you as well. I thought you were going out of business though? I thought you had clearanced the American and closing the doors due to big box competition or something. Glad to see you are still around and even growing.
I was clearing out non-NFA firearms and now focus solely on suppressors.

VolGrad
02-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Aha. Glad you are still around.