PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Warlock II (.22 only) aluminum suppressor, $125!

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 01:39 PM
This is a great second .22 can. I have one en route already.

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=24_59&product_id=141

HCM
09-03-2015, 01:55 PM
It's showing OOS. What are your thoughts on the Sparrow vs the Specter II?

Gadfly
09-03-2015, 02:06 PM
tagging...

Luke
09-03-2015, 02:25 PM
$125?? Is there a catch? How long will they be at this price?

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 02:37 PM
It's showing OOS. What are your thoughts on the Sparrow vs the Specter II?

Good either way. The Spectre II has less FRP (first round pop) but is more work to clean and reassemble and is longer than the Sparrow. The Sparrow is slightly more expensive. I have the Spectre II but would be fine with the Sparrow. My Warlock II is in NFA jail and is the same suppressor as the Spectre II but constructed entirely of aluminum. All are backed by a good company. All are well known quantities.

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 02:39 PM
$125?? Is there a catch? How long will they be at this price?

Yes. No. Until they are gone.

I was able to just now add one to my cart.

LOKNLOD
09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Do want.

Wish I could get to a computer to look more. Stupid work filters.

HCM
09-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes. No. Until they are gone.

I was able to just now add one to my cart.

The first time I clicked on your link it showed out of stock on the product page. I just tried now and I was able to add one to the cart but it's coming up with the disclaimer that the item I selected is out of stock or not available in the quantity I'm asking for, quantity of one.

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 04:12 PM
The first time I clicked on your link it showed out of stock on the product page. I just tried now and I was able to add one to the cart but it's coming up with the disclaimer that the item I selected is out of stock or not available in the quantity I'm asking for, quantity of one.

That sucks for you (good for my wallet though).

Happily, we're bringing on an NFA dealer as a site supporter soon. I bought my Spectre II from him and he's solid, files Form 4s the day that you buy and has great prices and comms.

HCM
09-03-2015, 04:15 PM
That sucks for you (good for my wallet though).

Happily, we're bringing on an NFA dealer as a site supporter soon. I bought my Spectre II from him and he's solid, files Form 4s the day that you buy and has great prices and comms.

Yes, I called him and he called me right back. They are out of stock he said sold 15 or 16 of them within four hours.

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes, I called him and he called me right back. They are out of stock he said sold 15 or 16 of them within four hours.

I don't blame anyone for jumping on that.

JSGlock34
09-03-2015, 04:35 PM

Very interesting - you have my attention.

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Very interesting - you have my attention.

Hasohn Brothers is here. I found them through trial and error. Bought my Spectre II from them and had it fast. They are handling three other Form 4s for me. I trust them and have been to their shop.

SecondsCount
09-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm going to have to have my buddy at Silencerco let me take one for a spin. He said they are introducing a newer version so I wonder if the old one is getting phased out.

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I visited mine in NFA jail at the Hansohn Brothers shop and it was shocking how light it was. Imagine twirling a big Sharpie through your fingers and that is how it feels.

Hansohn Brothers
09-03-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm going to have to have my buddy at Silencerco let me take one for a spin. He said they are introducing a newer version so I wonder if the old one is getting phased out.
I've been hearing rumors of 4 new models coming out from SilencerCo. Very interested to see what they're coming out with.

I visited mine in NFA jail at the Hansohn Brothers shop and it was shocking how light it was. Imagine twirling a big Sharpie through your fingers and that is how it feels.
3oz. I check the box everytime to see if there is actually a can in there!

punkey71
09-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Has anyone tried pre-treating their aluminum cans with silicone?

http://www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html

I'd love a Warlock as a pistol-dedicated can and use my Spectre II as a rifle can but the maintenance on Al baffles concerns me.

Any thoughts?

Also, another +1 for a Hansohn. Just waiting for the call to pick up my 9mm can - *should* be any day now.....I hope.

On topic - my FIL used Tar Heel State when I was visiting him in NC. Nice guy and very helpful. Notary, engraving and 3 cans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LittleLebowski
09-03-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm doing the silicone thing on my Spectre II. So far, I have not "baked it in" and most of the baffles stay wet except for the first and last. I need to try baking it in as it does not work as miraculously for me as others.

The answer to your cleaning the Warlock II question is hitting the baffles with baking soda via a nozzle driven by an air compressor.

Hansohn Brothers
09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Suppressors don't need to be squeaky clean. Just knock the big chunks off. The irregularities increase air turbulence which makes for a quieter suppressor.

punkey71
09-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Forgot about the sofa blaster. I keep forgetting to grab a cheap Harbor Freight one to try out.

Thanks!

A week or so ago I was talking to Hansohns via email about an Element II. 4oz and stainless baffles.

Out of stock though.

Decisions....

ffhounddog
09-04-2015, 07:29 AM
+1 for Hansohn Brothers.

I have a Warlock on order as well got it for a little more through Hanshon. Plan on picking up an Omega and dedicating it to 5.56 duty. He got me out of the Gemtech only thing with a great call. Plan on a 9mm can as well in the next month just so I can have these "toys" now.

punkey71
09-04-2015, 07:35 AM
+1 for Hansohn Brothers.

I have a Warlock on order as well got it for a little more through Hanshon. Plan on picking up an Omega and dedicating it to 5.56 duty. He got me out of the Gemtech only thing with a great call. Plan on a 9mm can as well in the next month just so I can have these "toys" now.

Have you looked at the Sandman S as opposed to the Omega? Hansohn has both, I believe.

What 9mm can are you looking at?

LittleLebowski
09-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Three prior customers in this thread already.

ffhounddog
09-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Have you looked at the Sandman S as opposed to the Omega? Hansohn has both, I believe.

What 9mm can are you looking at?

I am looking at the Griffin Revolution 9 because of what I was being told by Hanshon and my requirements. Still looking around because it will be the last suppressor for a bit.

Have not looked at the Sandman-S but I have a Silencerco Specwar K on order for my PWS 107 SBR so I am trying not to go to too many different mounts. I am already in the hole on mounts a bit due to thinking I was going to go with two more Gemtechs and then finding out about the SilencerCo price list means I could Add a .22 can and stamps for the price of just the two Gemtechs.

punkey71
09-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Understood about the mounts.

My Rev 9 from Hansohn should be approved any day now.

You're welcome to give it a test drive when it arrives if you feel like driving to Fredericksburg.

ffhounddog
09-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a plan.

LittleLebowski
09-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Note the comparison between the two double A batteries and this suppressor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pUr3phZA8

punkey71
09-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Note the comparison between the two double A batteries and this suppressor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pUr3phZA8
Yeah, I was comparing it side-by-side to the Spectre at Tar Heel State in July.

Its disturbingly light. Toy-like even. But obviously high quality.

SecondsCount
09-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I got to shoot the Warlock on my CZ455 Tacticool last weekend. The barrel was cut down to 16.5" and threaded by the previous owner.

http://home.comcast.net/~d_kirk/rifle/cz455/cz455warlock2.jpg

While the light weight is impressive, I was also impressed at how quiet it is. It did a great job suppressing some of my favorite ammo, CCI Standard Velocity (1070 FPS), which has not been the case with another suppressor that I have used. I tried some CCI Quiet (710 FPS) with it and could hardly tell the difference between the two.

We were shooting a 5" x 3/8" steel circle at 150 yards and you could hear the report of the steel with ease. There is definitely going to be one of these in my future.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Put four mags through mine on my 22/45. This can gives up nothing to the Spectre II on suppression of .22 but it is literally so light that I did a double take, wondering if the baffles were in.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2015, 03:55 PM
There is definitely going to be one of these in my future.

$190 at our forum sponsor Hansohn Brothers if your local dealer can't come close to that.

Hansohn Brothers
09-12-2015, 06:56 PM
$190 at our forum sponsor Hansohn Brothers if your local dealer can't come close to that.

That was the Labor Day price I'm afraid. Current price is $230.

ffhounddog
09-13-2015, 06:55 AM
Still a dang good deal ;)

LittleLebowski
09-13-2015, 07:09 AM
That was the Labor Day price I'm afraid. Current price is $230.

Dang, sorry about that. Still $100 cheaper than other suppressors.

I just got my soda blasting setup in :cool:

punkey71
09-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Dang, sorry about that. Still $100 cheaper than other suppressors.

I just got my soda blasting setup in :cool:
Which blaster did you get?

LittleLebowski
09-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Which blaster did you get?

This (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007D30DO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0007D30DO&linkCode=as2&tag=ratio07-20) and a used 6 gallon/150PSI Porter air compressor for $70 shipped off of eBay.

punkey71
09-13-2015, 09:38 AM
This (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007D30DO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0007D30DO&linkCode=as2&tag=ratio07-20) and a used 6 gallon/150PSI Porter air compressor for $70 shipped off of eBay.

Looking forward to your opinion on it...

Check your PMs as well regarding dates. First being tomorrow evening.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Looking forward to your opinion on it...

Check your PMs as well regarding dates. First being tomorrow evening.

Shot out. Also, if you need anything cleaned and want to try soda blasting, grab a big bag of baking soda and come out and try my rig!

punkey71
12-20-2015, 12:43 PM
LL,

Now that hat you've had a soda blaster for a while, what is your opinion on easiest Rimfire suppressor cleaning?

Dip? Blaster? Sonic?

You also tried silicone pretreating as well, correct? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

LittleLebowski
12-27-2015, 10:27 AM
LL,

Now that hat you've had a soda blaster for a while, what is your opinion on easiest Rimfire suppressor cleaning?

Dip? Blaster? Sonic?

Dip is the most detailed if you are safe about it and quite easy if you are safe.

Ultrasonic is the easiest, recommend buying from Amazon and getting one at least 1.4 liters. I have this one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YUCZ9BO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00YUCZ9BO&linkCode=as2&tag=ratio07-20) and its advantage over others is the much longer timer (30 mins as opposed to an average of 5mins for others). You must get a heated ultrasonic cleaner. I used a mix of Windex, a little bit of dish soap, and water. The ultrasonic cleaner is just cool to have around the house. So far I've made wineglasses spotless, rejuvenated my wife's jewelry, and removed stuff from eyeglasses that we had no idea was there. It's also good for cleaning brass supposedly.

I have not tried the soda blaster yet. Haven't been able to shoot my Warlock II much due to surgery. I also tried stainless steel pins in a tumbler, I prefer the ultrasonic.

You also tried silicone pretreating as well, correct? Any thoughts on that?

It works, it's not a miracle treatment but it works better than when I tried soaking the baffles in Fireclean and it's far better than leaving the baffles uncoated. I would do it if I were you. I use DOT 5 brake fluid (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IAS82W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002IAS82W&linkCode=as2&tag=ratio07-20).