PDA

View Full Version : Offered a Browning "C" series HP with "white tag", value?!?!?

azerious
09-02-2015, 12:22 AM
So I have a gentleman trying to trade me a (1976?) browning HP "C" series that he says is unfired and a Marlin 1894 44mag for my B&T TP9 9mm. I'm mostly concerned with the Hi Power, It has fixed sights and a spur hammer. He says it has its white tag, pouch ,and manual. He's giving it a value around $1200...does this seem right? I do not know much about these.

It looks just like this one

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502787177

okie john
09-03-2015, 12:01 PM
So I have a gentleman trying to trade me a (1976?) browning HP "C" series that he says is unfired and a Marlin 1894 44mag for my B&T TP9 9mm. I'm mostly concerned with the Hi Power, It has fixed sights and a spur hammer. He says it has its white tag, pouch ,and manual. He's giving it a value around $1200...does this seem right? I do not know much about these.

It looks just like this one

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502787177

I have no idea how much your gun is worth, but I can offer some insight into the two that you've been offered.

A lot of P35 variants have been manufactured over the years. Collectors pay a premium for the odder ones, but I find that the actual prices vary by region more than with some other makes/models. Around here, a current production P35 goes for $900-1,000, which I think is higher than the national average. An older commercial gun that's not a true rare bird could bring $1,000-1,200 depending on condition and accessories, but again, I think that's above the national average. I understand that pouches are good to have but other things might help offset what seems like a high retail price, and it would be worth your while to find out what they are.

As with the P35, odd Marlin 1894 variants bring premium prices. Not sure how that breaks out for the 44 Magnum models, but it would be worth the research. Around here, the standard models are very popular, so everyone has them in stock and prices ($450-600) are probably lower than the national average.

Also, have you actually seen the guns that are being offered? I find that some people can be less than objective when it comes to rating the condition of their merchandise.

Hope this helps,

Okie John

Lost River
09-12-2015, 05:03 PM
If I recall correctly the Belgian produced BHP I have is a C series. When I picked it up, I was told the C series were something sought after, along with the "red" grips. Mine has red plastic inserts on the underside of the grips that can be seen when viewing through the magwell. For the life of me I cannot remember why. I am not at all into BHPs, so I have not studied up on the subject.

Why are the C series allegedly more sought after?