PDA

View Full Version : productive range session today

Slavex
09-13-2011, 10:31 PM
So 350 rounds today, short but sweet. Started with 3 FAST runs not from concealment 4.10, 3.87, 3.83 all clean but the first run had a squeaker on the 3x5 card. Low left in the corner. Then I worked 140 rounds of SHO and WHO on the numbers on Todd's target at 5yds. Only dropped 9 shots total, and those were from the draw, 2 SH and 7 WH. Next was gun and mags on bench. Grab one mag and load it in gun. Average of about 2 second. I tried two ways of doing it, first grab mag with WH gun with SH and load as normal. Not bad, have to remember to get up to normal loading position instead of loading while looking down and bent over. Second way was sort of grab the slide/pin and angle the gun with the WH and slip mag in with SH (mag is already lined up with magwell). Again not bad, with a racegun probably easier and faster. With my Shadow it was too easy to mess up. Also have to watch where the fingers went, too easy to slip one onto the trigger. Best time was 1.85 that way and 1.52 the other. Beyond that was normal practice and then a couple Bill Drills (1.67 and 1.97) 7yds into the large circle on the Pistol Training Target.
Too much fun!

LittleLebowski
09-14-2011, 08:45 AM
It sure is nice when you feel like you're progressing and the numbers back it up.

Slavex
09-20-2011, 11:37 AM
yeah and then it all comes crashing down when you demo a drill and blow it. sigh. I think I'm going to only shoot at class this Friday and then clean the guns (the horror) before I head to Greece next Monday.