PDA

View Full Version : The "Handgun Sling"... SMH...

Gadfly
08-29-2015, 09:48 PM
http://youtu.be/QaFby4MX76o

The "handgun sling". Of course the person who thinks this is a good ideal would own a Sigma.

As stupid as it is, it will probably see like hot cakes to the same folks that buy Hi-points.

ReverendMeat
08-29-2015, 10:38 PM
About as stupid as a VersaCarry.

Throw an ad for it an issue of American Rifleman and I betcha it'd sell.

Kyle Reese
08-29-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm sure these will start popping up at our local indoor ranges....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alpha Sierra
08-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Will Larry Vickers allow those for AIWB?

OnionsAndDragons
08-30-2015, 01:24 AM
Is this for real?

People find new ways to amaze me with their stupidity and flagrant, willful ignorance at an alarming rate these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
08-30-2015, 01:48 AM
Holy smokes.

Alpha Sierra
08-30-2015, 06:00 AM
And testimonials from retired cops!

That settles it, I'm buying a dozen

http://youtu.be/V3_zq5nens8

Hambo
08-30-2015, 06:54 AM
That bore obstruction should make an IWB discharge pretty exciting.

SLG
08-30-2015, 07:20 AM
I would say that's a pretty neat improvement on the OSS holster. Of course, I don't see much need for an OSS holster these days (at least not for me), and the original string holster didn't require you to muzzle yourself to holster the gun. At least, not quite as badly. This might be the ticket for all those C3 carry folks who are behind enemy lines...

Dagga Boy
08-30-2015, 08:55 AM
I carried my P7 with a 550 cord "string holster" when I worked Vice for a year. Bought whore's, dope, and illegal gambling with it with no issues at work......and then took it off and used a real holster when I went home. There is a place for some of this stuff. Everyday carry is not one of them.

RevolverRob
08-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Damnit. I thought this week was going to be better for gun-derps.

I was wrong.

TCinVA
08-31-2015, 07:49 AM
I would say that's a pretty neat improvement on the OSS holster. Of course, I don't see much need for an OSS holster these days (at least not for me), and the original string holster didn't require you to muzzle yourself to holster the gun. At least, not quite as badly. This might be the ticket for all those C3 carry folks who are behind enemy lines...

Agreed.

As I noted elsewhere, improvisations made because one has to function in a hostile environment don't always make for the best SOP in more sensible climes.

Lost River
08-31-2015, 07:43 PM
I carried my P7 with a 550 cord "string holster" when I worked Vice for a year. Bought whore's, dope, and illegal gambling with it with no issues at work......and then took it off and used a real holster when I went home. There is a place for some of this stuff. Everyday carry is not one of them.

Were we talking about your vacation to Matamoros or .....??

:)

SAWBONES
08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
A "string holster" has a bona fide, if limited, place in the panoply of CCW options, but this silliness is neither a real string holster nor any sort of viable carry method.

Dagga Boy
08-31-2015, 09:03 PM
Were we talking about your vacation to Matamoros or .....??

:)

No, but I was just in Brownsville, and it looked a lot like many neighborhoods where I used to work.

okie john
08-31-2015, 09:53 PM
I have a string holster lying around somewhere. I learned about it from my company Sergeant Major, who learned about it while working for a low-profile government agency. Used it once or twice with a 1911 just to say that I have. It makes some sense in the kind of NPE that Nyeti mentioned, but that's about it.

This thing is about eight clusterfucks looking for a place to happen.

Okie John