PDA

View Full Version : IWB with tucked shirt

irishshooter
09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
finding it a bit of a challenge drawing from IWB in a tucked buttoned up collared work shirt. its quite difficult to clear the garment fully on more occasions than not i wind up pulling only a clump of shirt out, but not enough to estalish a clean grip for presentation. any suggestions on smoothing this out? its a lot different and more challenging to me than an open front cover garment.

jslaker
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
What position are you carrying at?

orionz06
09-12-2011, 05:03 PM
When I carried that way I found how you tuck the shirt to be very critical. Needs to be smooth and as few layers of material as possible.

JeffJ
09-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I've found carry postion to be pretty important. AIWB the tucked in shirt is pretty much a non-factor - the further back the harder it gets.

One thing that I've found to make it easier is to fold the shirt under itself so that only a little bit is actually tucked in and you aren't yanking 6" of shirt out when you go for the gun.

Vinh
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Carried a 1911 tucked-in for two years at 4 o'clock. Grab lower and further back, pull higher (pretty much up into your armpit). I did not find tucking technique to be critical since the amount/depth of shirt is limited by the nature of tuckable holsters anyway.

My one cent based on my limited experience.

irishshooter
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
What position are you carrying at?

half past 3

jslaker
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I've found carry postion to be pretty important. AIWB the tucked in shirt is pretty much a non-factor - the further back the harder it gets.

Same experience here.

I found that behind the hip I usually needed to use both hands to clear the shirt cleanly; stronghand to clear the grip then weakhand up front as normal. It's slower, but faster than your shirt tail getting caught on the grip of the gun.

theblacknight
10-08-2011, 06:13 AM
For tucked, I use non shoot hand to grab shirt with. It's slower, but consistant for me.