PDA

View Full Version : Weird Glock 17L malfunction/odditie

Sherman A. House DDS
09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I have a Glock 17L that I use for fun matches. I was shooting it last weekend at a, "zombie," match when I experienced at Type III malfunction, which was cleared, then went back to firing, and experienced another type III. I sidelined the pistol, and ran a G34 in its place.

Upon inspection, when the slide on the 17L is pulled to the rear, it will often open to the point where only about 1/2 the ejection port/chamber is open. I don't notice anything on field stripping that is preventing the slide from moving freely.

Thoughts?

JV_
09-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Cracked Locking Block or pins?

Sherman A. House DDS
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
No cracks in the pins or in the locking block that I can detect with the naked eye.

To clarify, now that I've sat there and fiddled with this pistol for HOURS, the slide retracts to where it is just flush with the rear of the chamber hood, but no further, and not always far enough to lock the slide in the open position.

gringop
09-29-2011, 06:01 PM
No cracks in the pins or in the locking block that I can detect with the naked eye.

To clarify, now that I've sat there and fiddled with this pistol for HOURS, the slide retracts to where it is just flush with the rear of the chamber hood, but no further, and not always far enough to lock the slide in the open position.

Check for a bulged barrel.

Gringop

Prdator
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe the recoil spring guid rod is binding some how?

fuse
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Want to see a pic of this.

Kyle Reese
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Very interesting. Hope the issue is resolved quickly, Sherman.