PDA

View Full Version : RCMP and Adam Cote...

BaiHu
08-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I know nothing of this other than my heart goes out to any dog that is shot when not being directly aggressive.

I can't make a judgement here, but it looks bad. Calling all K-9 guys, please put my mind at ease over this, hopefully :(

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/08/canadian-cops-kill-dog-that-video-shows-was-clearly-not-a-threat/

This video makes it look even worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDW_pTY-94o

runcible
08-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Without meaning to dismiss the original questions you post, but a few things jumped out at first watching.

The tonality and dialogue seemed rather off. There may be a cultural\dialect aspect that I'm missing.

The panning away from stated significant events seem at odds with events as described.

Could you go into more detail about the parts look bad and then worse, please?

BaiHu
08-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Without meaning to dismiss the original questions you post, but a few things jumped out at first watching.

The tonality and dialogue seemed rather off. There may be a cultural\dialect aspect that I'm missing.

The panning away from stated significant events seem at odds with events as described.

Could you go into more detail about the parts look bad and then worse, please?

Drunk guy with warrants? Check. I get this.

What I don't get is that the dog was lying there wagging its tail when he was shot. I'm not tracking on the cause for this.

TGS
08-19-2015, 10:20 PM

What I don't get is that the dog was lying there wagging its tail when he was shot. I'm not tracking on the cause for this.

The dog was already shot by the time the video was rolling, I think. Some of the first words from her mouth were, "You didn't have to shoot my dog!", meaning the dog was already shot, meaning we don't have video of why the dog was shot.

"You didn't have to shoot my dog" is also usually the first phrase out of a dirtbags mouth after they let their "insert-large-breed-here" loose to chew on someone. Or, the same phrase after their kid tried to kill someone. So, her statement on its own doesn't mean much to me.

The "tail wagging" may have been the dog writhing. The K9 officer may have called for the shotgun to put the dog down as it was mortally wounded. If that was the case, I'd do the same thing. I'd unhesitatingly kill our own Argus, or your Kai, if they were mortally wounded and writhing in pain.

While there seems to have been a spate of cops shooting dogs for zero reason a few years ago in the US, let's not make too many assumptions from an incomplete video. That said, my thoughts on cops who shoot dogs unnecessarily will probably get me banned from this forum.

BaiHu
08-19-2015, 10:34 PM
The dog was already shot by the time the video was rolling, I think. Some of the first words from her mouth were, "You didn't have to shoot my dog!", meaning the dog was already shot, meaning we don't have video of why the dog was shot.

"You didn't have to shoot my dog" is also usually the first phrase out of a dirtbags mouth after they let their "insert-large-breed-here" loose to chew on someone. Or, the same phrase after their kid tried to kill someone. So, her statement on its own doesn't mean much to me.

The "tail wagging" may have been the dog writhing. The K9 officer may have called for the shotgun to put the dog down as it was mortally wounded. If that was the case, I'd do the same thing. I'd unhesitatingly kill our own Argus, or your Kai, if they were mortally wounded and writhing in pain.

While there seems to have been a spate of cops shooting dogs for zero reason a few years ago in the US, let's not make too many assumptions from an incomplete video. That said, my thoughts on cops who shoot dogs unnecessarily will probably get me banned from this forum.

I heard that too, but was not making the connection that the dog was wounded badly or causing a problem. Not knowing procedures on this and not wanting to jump to conclusions I just wanted to see the dog be treated rather than put down. Drag the perp naked over concrete for all I care, but try to spare the dog :(

TGS
08-19-2015, 10:58 PM
I heard that too, but was not making the connection that the dog was wounded badly or causing a problem. Not knowing procedures on this and not wanting to jump to conclusions I just wanted to see the dog be treated rather than put down. Drag the perp naked over concrete for all I care, but try to spare the dog :(

Treating gravely wounded animals isn't really an option in many rural areas, FWIW. That's why it isn't uncommon for rural cops to carry slug guns or .30 caliber and up rifles....granted, going Boondock Saints on the animal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-G9vrgPLk) isn't as nice as holding their paw while watching their eyes glaze over from pentobarbital.

Not sure if they were in a rural area, but it looked it......and they were mounties, not municipal police...so I'm going to guess it was rural.

Paul
08-20-2015, 01:52 AM

Dogs wag there tails for lots of reasons. It's hard to tell with miss hysterical holding the camera how the dog is wagging his tail.

The K9 is also wagging his tail, but I wouldn't walk up to a dog posturing like that and think he's going to be happy to see me.

BaiHu
08-20-2015, 08:57 AM
Dogs wag there tails for lots of reasons. It's hard to tell with miss hysterical holding the camera how the dog is wagging his tail.

The K9 is also wagging his tail, but I wouldn't walk up to a dog posturing like that and think he's going to be happy to see me.

Agreed on all accounts. Was just seeking clarification, cuz I like most dogs more than people. And I'm a people person, just ask TGS :p