PDA

View Full Version : Picture Help

MD7305
08-15-2015, 09:39 PM
In the past I used Tapatalk to post pics because it was very simple but since Tapatalks not working I've just been uploading pics direct from my iPhone 4. Every time I post a pic it's rotated left. When I try to edit it, the pic gets rotated 180 degrees. What am I doing wrong? During the upload I simply select the image and upload it.

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm struggling!

MD7305
08-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Tom! The pic is oriented correctly on my phone but gets rotated left upon upload. I edited the pic on my phone by turning it right and when I upload it doesn't change. It's weird.

Luke
08-15-2015, 10:39 PM
How are yall posting pics? Only way I know how is to use phitobucket and that sucks

MD7305
08-15-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm just uploading direct from my phone. Before Tapatalk I used photobucket and it was much more involved.

RoyGBiv
08-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Tom! The pic is oriented correctly on my phone but gets rotated left upon upload. I edited the pic on my phone by turning it right and when I upload it doesn't change. It's weird.

"Oriented Correctly" on your phone is a relative thing.

Try this...
1. Hold your phone upright (skinny side up), take a photo and post it.
2. Hold your phone lenghtwise (long side up), take a photo and post it.

Do both ways have the same problem?

Most mobiles add an orientation tag to photos. Some forum software read that tag, others don't. Tapatalk may have resolved that in their software, but the forum software may not.

MD7305
08-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Good point. I hold my phone vertically so I'll experiment...

BN
08-16-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm having the same problem. I take a picture on my I-phone, e-mail it to my computer, than save it to my computer, then choose insert image on the reply. The picture is rotated 90* to the left.

MD7305
08-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Test Pic

Note: turning my phone horizontally (counterclockwise) solved the issue. I honestly would've never considered that. Thanks for the assistance but sorry for wasting thread space.

dbateman
12-09-2015, 12:17 AM
How are you guys posting pics off your phones ?

I've got an iPhone 6 and it doesn't seem to want to play ball.

I've tried uploading directly from my phone and from photobucket.

orionz06
12-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Imgur is the way to go. Third party host that doesn't murder quality and has ZERO issues across all forums.

dbateman
12-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I am viewing the forum via safari, should I get tapatalk ?

dbateman
12-09-2015, 01:08 AM
I tried the go advance option, then went up load off computer. But after I select the picture I want it doesn't bring up the OK cancel button. There is an "upload" in bold under the image I have selected but I don't seem to be able to click on it.

dbateman
12-09-2015, 01:10 AM
Wait, I think I got it.

dbateman
12-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Drang
12-24-2015, 01:00 PM
After trying to load a photo to the Sig Pictures thread, this was my experience:
Photo was oriented correctly on the phone, not on the computer. Uploaded as-is, it was "on it's right side". Deleted from post, edited on computer to rotate correctly, uploaded again, it was upside down. Deleted again, looked at it in photo editor (Picassa) but made no changes. Tried to upload again, got wrong picture, deleted and re-uploaded, still upside down, deiced to Hell with it and deleted, now both pictures are there. So if you want to see His and Hers Sig 320s, one with the Medium Size grip w/rail, turn your monitor upside down...

Drang
12-25-2015, 04:20 AM
I suppose what I need to do is take the same picture four times, once each with the phone in all four orientations, so I can get it right.
Assuming I remember which orientation works...