PDA

View Full Version : Two Officers Being Choked By One Suspect in the UK

BaiHu
08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Reason #1,245 why disarming the police is dumb....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxzV1lpEbEw

Discuss.

Mods, feel free to move this to the LEO section. I just wasn't sure if I was allowed to post there.

JHC
08-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Like Kurt Russell's character in Deep Blue said, words to the effect: "The sleeper worked. They take away the tactics that did work and then prosecute us for trying to use the tactics that don't work."

D-cell maglites or big hickory and swing for center field when someone wants to fight. If I were emperor.

voodoo_man
08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
That second officer, the smaller one, totally useless, was that a female? I couldn't tell.

Having fought more than my share of high persons with seemingly superhuman strength, I can say without hesitation that hitting this person, attempting to gain pain compliance, is a fools errand. Sometimes you have to choke a guy out, sucks to hear, but sometimes its either that or you put bullets in him.

In this case, those officer's were incapable of doing either, so the fact they both survived is amazing.

Ohh, and thanks bystanders for filming and watching while the people who would do anything to protect you get attacked. You are totally worth your weight in piss.

SJC3081
08-12-2015, 03:33 PM
It looks like one may be a female.

BaiHu
08-12-2015, 03:35 PM
That second officer, the smaller one, totally useless, was that a female? I couldn't tell.

Having fought more than my share of high persons with seemingly superhuman strength, I can say without hesitation that hitting this person, attempting to gain pain compliance, is a fools errand. Sometimes you have to choke a guy out, sucks to hear, but sometimes its either that or you put bullets in him.

In this case, those officer's were incapable of doing either, so the fact they both survived is amazing.

Ohh, and thanks bystanders for filming and watching while the people who would do anything to protect you get attacked. You are totally worth your weight in piss.

It looks like one may be a female.

I agree with this sentiment and yes, the second officer is a female.

Luke
08-12-2015, 03:40 PM
It's a miracle we still have police willing to serve. If I was a cop in some of these other cities.. I'd quit or move. So to all you guys who are cops, thanks for not giving up.

LSP552
08-12-2015, 04:06 PM
D-cell maglites or big hickory and swing for center field when someone wants to fight. If I were emperor.

I remember those days.....

And straight stick chokes and vascular restraints. Both work better with wood.

41magfan
08-12-2015, 04:59 PM
The way he's dominating that situation, I'm not real sure a firearm would have been much of a benefit to them. He's resisting as much as he's assaulting and when he gets control of them enough to escape, that's exactly what he does. They're lucky his motives were just about non-compliance.

Regarding bystander attitudes, we're already there in many parts of the country.

JHC
08-12-2015, 05:49 PM
This was the UK right?

voodoo_man
08-12-2015, 06:19 PM
The way he's dominating that situation, I'm not real sure a firearm would have been much of a benefit to them. He's resisting as much as he's assaulting and when he gets control of them enough to escape, that's exactly what he does. They're lucky his motives were just about non-compliance.

Regarding bystander attitudes, we're already there in many parts of the country.

He had the opportunity to escape several times, he stayed and fought.

Placing a hand around someone's throat and squeezing is, in my opinion, deadly in nature.

SeriousStudent
08-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Reason #1,245 why I practice brain stem shots.

GAP
08-12-2015, 08:17 PM
One would think being in law enforcement you should focus time on hand to hand combat. Then again, I personally know and have trained jiu-jitsu tactics to state troopers who shoot their firearms twice per year to qualify and call it good. :confused:

breakingtime91
08-12-2015, 08:21 PM
the second cop was absolutely useless without a force multiplier (taser, giant flash light to hit people in the head with, or gun).

johncorey
08-12-2015, 10:56 PM
What on earth did I just watch? Never been a LEO, but I can definitely see a correlation between those two cops from the vid, and some weak sauce clowns I came across in the mil.....attitude and mentality determine everything. I would love to read the AAR from this.

Totem Polar
08-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Bottom line: bad guy dude was in better shape, had a better mindset, and wanted it more.

If I had to be a cop in a country that didn't arm cops, I'd have 12 pounds of solid muscle more than I do now, and I'd be training 6 nights a week with some combatives guy who eats drunks for a living.

Frank R
08-13-2015, 12:05 AM
And you wonder about the Brits lowering the qualifications for SAS?

GardoneVT
08-13-2015, 12:22 AM
What on earth did I just watch?

What happens when two people unprepared for a fight met someone who was.

Glenn E. Meyer
08-13-2015, 10:11 AM
That's the UK, if you were a bystander and hit the guy in the head with something - you would probably go to jail. It seems that their skill set was based on just pulling on him.

Didn't the female get up to give chase while Baldly was still on the ground. What was the outcome?