PDA

View Full Version : Reputable NFA dealer with layaway program

LittleLebowski
08-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Very dangerous for my wallet :D

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/layaway.php

Tar Heel State Firearms is able to offer payment plans on all in-stock silencers. Basically we can offer a three payment plan for customers. The first payment consists of the tax stamp funds and one third of the cost of the silencer. The second and third payments consists of the other two-thirds of the cost of the silencer and are due thirty and sixty days after the first payment. The form 4 paperwork is submitted to the ATF upon reciept of the first payment. Feel free to contact us for further details about this program.

Luke
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
My wife hates you, she just doesn't know it yet! I got the paper work to form my trust, just have to print it out and fill it out!

LittleLebowski
08-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Just get it notarized at your bank and scanned into a PDF and then the fun begins.

Sensei
08-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Let me second THSF. They are in my backyard and an excellent resource. I have purchased suppressors from them and used their engraving services for my SBR lowers. The owner, Scott, is good people and knows customer service.

LittleLebowski
08-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Also, Form 3s (say, the transfer from this dealer to your local dealer) are very fast right now.

joshs
08-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Very dangerous for my wallet :D

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/layaway.php

I don't see how it would be a good deal for residents of other states.

LittleLebowski
08-08-2015, 07:51 AM
I don't see how it would be a good deal for residents of other states.

If the price is inline with what your local dealer who does not finance and shipping isn't high, I don't see why this isn't a option for guys who want to get into the game right away as opposed to saving up for suppressors.

joshs
08-08-2015, 08:00 AM
If the price is inline with what your local dealer who does not finance and shipping isn't high, I don't see why this isn't a option for guys who want to get into the game right away as opposed to saving up for suppressors.

But, they can't process a Form 4 for a non-resident, and the local dealer is almost certainly going to charge a transfer fee, which tend to be higher for NFA firearms.

LittleLebowski
08-08-2015, 10:26 AM
But, they can't process a Form 4 for a non-resident, and the local dealer is almost certainly going to charge a transfer fee, which tend to be higher for NFA firearms.

My local dealer charges $35 per NFA transfer and if you get the serial number upon purchase, your local dealer can file the Form 4 right away. $35 is worth it to many in order to get say a 2-4 month head start on the NFA wait.

StraitR
08-10-2015, 10:31 PM
For what it's worth, my Form 3 was submitted July 18th and approved August 7th. I was originally told 8 weeks on the Form 3 by Silencer Shop, but it's better to under-promise and over-deliver, so they probably overestimate on purpose.

Sensei
08-12-2015, 09:10 PM
For what it's worth, my Form 3 was submitted July 18th and approved August 7th. I was originally told 8 weeks on the Form 3 by Silencer Shop, but it's better to under-promise and over-deliver, so they probably overestimate on purpose.

I had a few Form 3's go out from SS and boltcarrier.com on 7/22 and 7/23. Got the word yesterday that one from the 22nd shipped.

StraitR
08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
I had a few Form 3's go out from SS and boltcarrier.com on 7/22 and 7/23. Got the word yesterday that one from the 22nd shipped.

Any NFA item from Ayan is pure deliciousness. Enjoy my friend.

LittleLebowski
08-14-2015, 02:48 PM

Excellent! Wish the Form 4s were as fast as the Form 3s.

Sensei
08-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Excellent! Wish the Form 4s were as fast as the Form 3s.

The eForms welcome letter that I received last week from the ATF said that Form 3s were being given priority over Form 4s. It also said that eForms would be back online for Form 4 submissions in December. Interestingly, this is the same month that Rule 41P is rumored to be unveiled, which makes me think that the two are not a coincidence. So, get your NFA fix now because trustees may soon need CLEO sign-off.

So far, only one of the three suppressors that I purchased between July 22-23rd have cleared the Form 3 hurdle. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the other 2 clear in the next week or two. It seems to be the luck of the inspector.

Now that I've found THSF in my backyard, I may never need to play the Form 3 game again. Scott's inventory is literally that good.

Sensei
08-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Any NFA item from Ayan is pure deliciousness. Enjoy my friend.

Yep, he seems to be a great resource for Knights gear. He is also super fast and responsive. Guys like him and Scott from THSF are models of customer service for the industry. I know that there are other great examples, but these are the last 2 that I've used for NFA purchases and I'm so far very pleased.

nalesq
08-15-2015, 10:10 PM
Besides being an awesome silencer dealer, THSF also does excellent laser engraving (if you're local he or his wife will usually just do it right then and there if you bring the item over), so it really is a one stop shop.

Sensei
08-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Besides being an awesome silencer dealer, THSF also does excellent laser engraving (if you're local he or his wife will usually just do it right then and there if you bring the item over), so it really is a one stop shop.

Agreed. They can engrave the lower inside of the trigger guard without disassembling it. I've already had one done; more are on the way.

StraitR
08-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Yep, he seems to be a great resource for Knights gear. He is also super fast and responsive. Guys like him and Scott from THSF are models of customer service for the industry. I know that there are other great examples, but these are the last 2 that I've used for NFA purchases and I'm so far very pleased.

Yeah, he's a good dude all around. I've known Ayan since before he was a dealer, when I was in the industry here in Central FL. He started and facilitated the local carbine matches here for a long time, but handed the reigns over a few years ago when he became a Knights dealer and SR25 Armorer. When I went looking for a Sr15 Mod 2, he was the obvious choice, and has been for anything KAC. I always send people his way with confidence.

I would have bought a KAC QDC from him, but I wanted a multi caliber crossover can, so I ended up with the Omega.

Agreed. They can engrave the lower inside of the trigger guard without disassembling it. I've already had one done; more are on the way.

Great info, I'm going to have to look into these guys/gals. Thanks.