PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 didn't quite make the 2000 round challenge..........

tmoore912
08-02-2015, 06:00 PM
..........on full auto. One tough son-of-a-bitch handgun.

For pure entertainment value:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4OswUhLwo

David S.
08-02-2015, 07:02 PM
"How badass is that"

Paul
08-02-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm surprised and a little disappointed that he didn't have a runaway gun, a half chambered detonate, or the have the gun catch on fire. One round cooked off around 4:40. It's kind of like watching a NASCAR race, I don't wish i'll on anyone but the potential for disaster was there.

olstyn
08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Must be nice to have enough money that destroying a perfectly good pistol for amusement is not a problem, not to mention the ammo cost. Also, given that unless I'm horribly mistaken, that thing would have needed 2 tax stamps (SBR and machine gun, right?), it's not like it was "just a Glock." Cool to see the thermal imaging, though. :)

ReverendMeat
08-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Only one stamp, barrel length doesn't matter on MGs.

JodyH
08-02-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm guessing the gun belonged to a 07 FFL/Class 02 SOT, so just a Form 2 is required.

Carnifex
08-03-2015, 08:35 AM
I wish my Glock had as nice of an ejection pattern as that one.

olstyn
08-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Only one stamp, barrel length doesn't matter on MGs.

I'm guessing the gun belonged to a 07 FFL/Class 02 SOT, so just a Form 2 is required.

Ok, so less expensive than I originally thought, but either way, still not exactly a "basic" G17 that he wrecked.

JodyH
08-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Ok, so less expensive than I originally thought, but either way, still not exactly a "basic" G17 that he wrecked.
Nope... it was a basic Glock 17, the Form 2 is just paperwork not a tax.
The auto selector just replaces the slide back plate and could be re-used on another Glock.
It was a standard Glock 17 with 5 minutes worth of paperwork and 2 minutes worth of parts swap out.

The Apprentice
08-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Rednecks and youtube continue to provide me with hours of entertainment.

TGS
08-03-2015, 08:53 PM
He's got a pretty cool video of him shooting a F/A AR15 until the stainless barrel blows up.

Glad to see he learned and tried to protect his face this time.

TCinVA
08-04-2015, 07:25 AM
It's an entertaining video.

Unfortunately from now until doomsday dimwits are going to cite it as some sort of proof of Glock's infallibility.

RJ
08-04-2015, 07:37 AM
I thought the white lab coat was a nice touch. :)

JHC
08-04-2015, 08:31 AM
At a GSSF match a Glock tech showed me a vid on his phone of him doing one long mag dump from a G18 with some sort of massive 200 round drum mag. It was a compensated G18 to boot that put on quite a light show.

Maybe any common service pistol could similiarly run full auto. That could happen I guess.

But I didn't see any BTF and I don't see how that's possible either. ;)

olstyn
08-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Unfortunately from now until doomsday dimwits are going to cite it as some sort of proof of Glock's infallibility.

Yup, and it will happen even though the only thing the video really proved is that it's possible to wear out/break a Glock (and presumably any other polymer frame/polymer guide rod pistol) quickly if you build up enough heat and then keep shooting. Clearly somebody should make up an auto sear and some long mags for a Walther CCP and see how quickly the frame melts where it touches the gas cylinder. (For science!) :p

Andrew E
08-04-2015, 02:50 PM

Yep. And they'll ignore the fact that he had to replace a part at only 600-some rounds, as well.

JHC
08-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Yep. And they'll ignore the fact that he had to replace a part at only 600-some rounds, as well.

Was that a poor performance for a full auto service pistol in that time frame? It might be exceptional. Not much in the way of benchmarking service pistols like that.

I'm guessing no one is crazy enough to ruin a Beretta 93R right? I wish someone would. LOL

Andrew E
08-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Was that a poor performance for a full auto service pistol in that time frame? It might be exceptional. Not much in the way of benchmarking service pistols like that.

I'm guessing no one is crazy enough to ruin a Beretta 93R right? I wish someone would. LOL

I just meant that the Web-tards will be citing the final round count only, without mentioning the inconvenient guide rod failure around the halfway point, as though it's meaningful.

JHC
08-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I just meant that the Web-tards will be citing the final round count only, without mentioning the inconvenient guide rod failure around the halfway point, as though it's meaningful.

It's all good. I really would like to have something to compare it to though in other platforms. I'm sort of playing the half web tard Glock fan boy. I used to be REALLY bad but the legit Gen 4 issues knocked that out of me. ;) Even though our 3 family shooters have had nothing but perfe. . . . goodness from many many of them. :D