PDA

View Full Version : Libre Knife Training

PNWTO
07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
www.librefighting.blogspot.com (http://www.librefighting.blogspot.com)

Just curious to see if anyone has any experience or insight with this. They came recommended in the same breath as SouthNarc.

SentinelGear
10-02-2015, 07:54 PM
No personal experience but have heard good things. The folks involved seemed to have a good philosophy on blade combatives.

PNWTO
10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
No personal experience but have heard good things. The folks involved seemed to have a good philosophy on blade combatives.

Thank you!

FLC Knives
11-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Its good stuff.
Some of the training videos can be purchased for download.

RevolverRob
11-13-2015, 11:46 PM
Hadn't seen this thread before. As said Libre is very reality based, meant to be integrated with other fighting material. I've talked with Ed Calderon a few times via the web and he is very squared away (Ed teaches Libre). The modules that Ed has developed that implement Libre are quite interesting to me and high on my list of training ops for next year (mainly materials associated with escape, movement, evasion, etc.).

My feeling is regularly working BJJ, and integrating training from Immediate Action Jui Jitsu, ShivWorks, Libre, Ed Calderon's group, will serve you quite well. All of those are focused on problem solving not tool selection. Problem solving is the biggest issue facing folks. As Libre's motto points out nicely, "The knife is NOT the weapon."

-Rob