PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists thwarted - South African national rifle team's ammo confiscated by the ATF

LittleLebowski
07-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Also the New Zealand team's match ammo. This is for Palma.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2015/07/us-shooters-help-south-africans-after-match-ammo-seized/

American shooters, along with Brownells and Redding, are providing help to the South African Palma (Target Rifle) team members, who will be competing at the Long Range World Championships at Camp Perry in early August, 2015. The ability of the South Africans to compete has been jeopardized by the unexpected seizure of their pre-shipped match ammo by U.S. Customs and ATF. We don’t know why the Feds seized the South Africans’ match ammo, but without it, the South African Team’s ability to participate in the Long Range World Championships has been threatened.

To rectify this situation, American F-TR and Palma shooters, backed by Brownells and Redding, have secured reloading equipment (presses, dies) and ammo components (brass, bullets, powder) so that the South Africans can assemble the needed .308 Win ammo on their arrival in the USA at the end of July.

F-TR Palma World Championships US Customs ATF South Africa Ray GrossAccording to industry sources, the shipment of match ammo for the South African Palma team was seized at the U.S. port of entry by U.S. Customs and ATF agents.

ACP230
07-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Your tax dollars at work.

Dagga Boy
07-25-2015, 07:50 AM
We probably gave it to the Iranian team......

LSP552
07-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Yep, probably counted as a prevented terrorist attack statistic. Because sniper ammo......think of the children.

41magfan
07-25-2015, 09:57 AM
I feel so much safer now! Those SA Shooting Team guys have had their way with us long enough.

ETA: And while they're on a roll with this mind numbing effectiveness, they need to coordinate their efforts with TSA and shake-down more kids and senior citizens before we have another theater shooting.

ADulay
07-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Is there any possibility in hell that the ATF will give a valid reason for this stupidity?

I never realized that the New Zealand and African Rifle Teams were on their short list of dangerous groups.

It would be great to know who the head honcho was that decided to do this and his reasoning.

AD

Hambo
07-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Does ATF have a team at the National Matches? Just sayin'. Although if it was me I'd dime out the Marines. ;)

PPGMD
07-28-2015, 11:48 AM
At least one international Bianchi competitor has been known to setup a reloading rig in his hotel room.

Jeep
07-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Is there any possibility in hell that the ATF will give a valid reason for this stupidity?

I never realized that the New Zealand and African Rifle Teams were on their short list of dangerous groups.

It would be great to know who the head honcho was that decided to do this and his reasoning.

AD

"Reasoning?" I suppose there is a first time for anything but actual reasoning? From the federal government?

BigT
07-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Bloody South Africans. Causing kak everywhere they go :)