PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Sent Classified Emails via Private Mail Server

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Chance
07-24-2015, 01:22 PM
As if there was any doubt. Via Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/investigation-sought-into-hillary-clintons-emails-1437714369):

An internal government review found that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sent at least four emails from her personal account containing classified information during her time heading the State Department.

A caveat being that the info should have been classified, but was formally not. I'm sure this is going to result in immediate, and significant, penalties.

BaiHu
07-24-2015, 01:37 PM
As if there was any doubt. Via Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/investigation-sought-into-hillary-clintons-emails-1437714369):

A caveat being that the info should have been classified, but was formally not. I'm sure this is going to result in immediate, and significant, penalties.

If Hillary sold the ambassador down the river, b/c he called her a lesbian once and they found incontrovertible proof of this on her private email server, would the MSM still make a sound?

Jeep
07-24-2015, 04:21 PM
If Joe Snuffy was found sending classified stuff on a private email, he would be crucified and spend some serious time in the stockade. When the Secretary of State does it, though, it is far different.

Because, you see, she counts and Joe Snuffy doesn't.

Drang
07-24-2015, 04:50 PM
And, apparently, the Clinton Machine leaned on the NYTimes to rewrite the headline:]
http://cdn.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/hillary_clinton_nyt_rewrite_7-24-15-1.jpg
From a post by Ed Driscoll at Instapundit (http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/211249/), where THE Instapundit, Glenn Reynolds, often describes the press as "DNC Operatives With Bylines."

Chance
07-24-2015, 05:45 PM
If Hillary sold the ambassador down the river, b/c he called her a lesbian once and they found incontrovertible proof of this on her private email server, would the MSM still make a sound?

Honestly, it might result in her having even more support.

Dagga Boy
07-24-2015, 10:35 PM
If Joe Snuffy was found sending classified stuff on a private email, he would be crucified and spend some serious time in the stockade. When the Secretary of State does it, though, it is far different.

Because, you see, she counts and Joe Snuffy doesn't.

Or a General who isn't towing the line.......I doubt they will be using the Petreaus standard with Queen Hillary. War on women and all that.

trailrunner
07-25-2015, 07:04 AM
I doubt they will be using the Petreaus standard with Queen Hillary.

To be consistent with the previous Clinton administration, they will reach back and use the John Deutch standard.

Paul
07-25-2015, 10:24 AM
At the end of the day, she's a great pawn and I think she's being used by the DNC to pull classic political feint. While Republicans are spending a lot of time and money bashing on Hillary (and she deserves it), Bernie is drumming up huge amounts of support with little opposition. There's a lot of time, money, and political capitol being spent on attacking Hillary, but when she's gone everything that used being used to attack her isn't going to work on the Bernie. I think she's beyond being a mainstream candidate, but she's one hell of a great distraction. *That's assuming Bernie is going to be the DNC candidate.

45dotACP
07-25-2015, 11:06 AM
At the end of the day, she's a great pawn and I think she's being used by the DNC to pull classic political feint. While Republicans are spending a lot of time and money bashing on Hillary (and she deserves it), Bernie is drumming up huge amounts of support with little opposition. There's a lot of time, money, and political capitol being spent on attacking Hillary, but when she's gone everything that used being used to attack her isn't going to work on the Bernie. I think she's beyond being a mainstream candidate, but she's one hell of a great distraction. *That's assuming Bernie is going to be the DNC candidate.
Bernie's too old. He'd be 75 when he gets elected and that's something I'm sure Clinton is going to exploit. It's gonna be Hilary on the DNC ticket.

Josh Runkle
07-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Bernie's too old. He'd be 75 when he gets elected and that's something I'm sure Clinton is going to exploit. It's gonna be Hilary on the DNC ticket.

I disagree. I think we'll see a Sanders/Warren or else an O'Malley/Sanders ticket. Hilary is being played and she doesn't realize it.

Jeep
07-25-2015, 12:11 PM
I disagree. I think we'll see a Sanders/Warren or else an O'Malley/Sanders ticket. Hilary is being played and she doesn't realize it.

Never underestimate the Clinton machine. Bill is the one behind Hillary's campaign--he wants back in the White House very badly--and he is doing his usual calling to Dems up and down the line. Remember, most Dems want something from the government, and Bill is an expert at making very clear that unless they support Hillary early there will be no goodies for them when she wins.

The guys who supported Obama over Hillary in 2008 are being told that their prior treachery will be forgiven--if they get on board and get on board early.

Besides, the Dems know Bernie and think he is a kook (they say he is the Dems' Ron Paul), and they think O'Malley is a gaffe prone lightweight.

The view of many Dems is that while Hillary is a lousy candidate in many ways, so long as they can keep her away from ordinary people, do a lot of softly-lit commercials talking about grandchildren, the middle class and fairness (and hinting that all women should vote for another woman) she should be able to beat whichever Rep survives the coming Rep knife-fight, and then with her money they can do to the Rep what Obama did to Romney in 2012--define him as a bad person through massive ad buys making essentially false claims.

Hillary will be the Dem candidate unless she melts down like the Wicked Witch of the West. Which, of course, she is perfectly capable of doing.

RoyGBiv
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/11/fbis-clinton-probe-expands-to-public-corruption-track.html?intcmp=hpbt1)

The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.
One intelligence source told Fox News that FBI agents would be “screaming” if a prosecution is not pursued because “many previous public corruption cases have been made and successfully prosecuted with much less evidence than what is emerging in this investigation.”

The FBI is particularly on edge in the wake of how the case of former CIA Director David Petraeus was handled.

One of the three sources said some FBI agents felt Petraeus was given a slap on the wrist for sharing highly classified information with his mistress and biographer Paula Broadwell, as well as lying to FBI agents about his actions.

FNFAN
01-11-2016, 12:19 PM
There needs to be a public outcry for a Special Prosecutor. If this is handled by the JustUs Department nothing will be done.

BaiHu
01-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Queue the "what difference does it make" video...

Chance
01-11-2016, 12:22 PM
FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/11/fbis-clinton-probe-expands-to-public-corruption-track.html?intcmp=hpbt1)

Sweet. But I wonder if it's going to make any difference. What are the odds Loretta Lynch, or anyone else in the present administration, would follow through?

BaiHu
01-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Sweet. But I wonder if it's going to make any difference. What are the odds Loretta Lynch, or anyone else in the present administration, would follow through?
I wonder if there's a small chance Obama wants to crush the Clintons and damn the Democratic party, because he can always play the race card?

Eyesquared
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
The problem is that the partisan public perception has kind of killed the issue among people not on the political right. Pretty much every democrat I know and many moderates seem to think this is "yet another right wing conspiracy theory" and the NYT's lack of journalistic integrity is IMO a big contributor.

Just look at this (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/09/us/hillary-clinton-email-state-department.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FCli nton%2C%20Hillary%20Rodham&action=click&contentCollection=politics&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=8&pgtype=collection) article, where they turn Hillary's incompetence into "mixed concerns on security of information." In the real world half-assing your job is something that should get you fired, but if your name is Clinton half-assing it is actually a defense, because at least you tried some of the time.

Gray222
01-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I really want to see her burn in jail for this.

NEPAKevin
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I wonder if there's a small chance Obama wants to crush the Clintons and damn the Democratic party, because he can always play the race card?

Or... What if the Obamas get it in their head that Michelle could be the first female president?

Drang
01-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Or... What if the Obamas get it in their head that Michelle could be the first female president?

Not unlikely.

Personally, I'd make popcorn, sit back, and enjoy watching the Clinton and Obama wings of the Democratic Party destroy each other. Who knows, we may get a second coming of Harry Truman out of it!

Dagga Boy
01-11-2016, 02:42 PM

Multiple leaks are coming out that the FBI agents and investigators feel the same way, and if it doesn't happen there may be a serious inner rebellion. No matter what your feelings are about the FBI, nobody in LE likes to be punked and nor an obvious political pawn. It is one thing when there is a hint of it or happens at a level you never see, it is another when it is painfully obvious to everyone that politics are being played and makes you look incompetent and stupid.

JodyH
01-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Two words... Presidential pardon.
Obama will give She Clinton one after his Justice department ruins her and Bill's legacy.
Obama hates the Clintons and wants them almost destroyed. Why almost? Because they still have enough power and know enough inside dirt on Obama to take him out as well if he backs them into too tight of a corner.

TGS
01-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Do we any other sources than Fox?

Gray222
01-12-2016, 11:28 AM

No other MSM source reports on her negatively.

TGS
01-12-2016, 11:29 AM
No other MSM source reports on her negatively.

I don't really give fox any more credibility than any other MSM outlet. Still, the Clinton investigation has been covered by various other sources....Including MSM, factually counter to your belief.

JohnO
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Clinton starting to stink like day old fish.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/movon-endorses-bernie-sanders-217614

RoyGBiv
01-12-2016, 11:33 AM
I don't really give fox any more credibility than any other MSM outlet.
I trust Catherine Herridge, YMMV

Dagga Boy
01-12-2016, 12:20 PM
I trust Catherine Herridge, YMMV

Actually, most of their hard journalists. Their analysts are simply better than MSNBC, but still full of issues. Fox has done well with their hard news folks including Herridge, Griffon, a couple of others, and Brett Baer is by far my favorite actual News anchor.

Gray222
01-12-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't really give fox any more credibility than any other MSM outlet. Still, the Clinton investigation has been covered by various other sources....Including MSM, factually counter to your belief.

"Covered" and "accurately reported" are two different things.

Sure, I agree, some have covered it, like CNN who constantly says shes right and the right is lying.

So the beliefs of liberals will be contrary to mine, that's not even debatable.

Drang
01-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Either the anonymous sources only went to Fox, or only Fox is reporting what the anonymous sources said.

Of course, other Fox sources for this issue are Bob Woodward and a D.C. DA: Hillary’s E-Mail Scandal Grows: Latest Batch Shows She Broke Rules, Again (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429526/hillarys-e-mail-scandal-grows-latest-batch-shows-she-broke-rules-again)

StraitR
01-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Honestly, I think the GOP/Right is simply showing restraint, and waiting until Hillary wins the nomination. There's no reason to destroy her now and hand the nomination to Bernie, only to start the battle over during the election. I would let Hillary win the nomination, then drive her and the Democrats into the ground with the private server/emails/public corruption and Benghazi cover-ups. The election campaigning is when all the slandering starts, and IMO, she's a much easier target than Bernie when it comes to skeletons in the closet.

Gray222
01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I think the GOP/Right is simply showing restraint, and waiting until Hillary wins the nomination. There's no reason to destroy her now and hand the nomination to Bernie, only to start the battle over during the election. I would let Hillary win the nomination, then drive her and the Democrats into the ground with the private server/emails/public corruption and Benghazi cover-ups. The election campaigning is when all the slandering starts, and IMO, she's a much easier target than Bernie when it comes to skeletons in the closet.

I see it the other way, give tidbits and allow bernie sanders to divide the vote, he doesnt get the nomination he might run on his own and it's a loss for both against a strong repub candidate.

StraitR
01-12-2016, 07:51 PM
I see it the other way, give tidbits and allow bernie sanders to divide the vote, he doesnt get the nomination he might run on his own and it's a loss for both against a strong repub candidate.

Yeah, but MSM is giving the tidbits, and the Dems are already starting to bicker amongst themselves. There has been several articles written about it today.

RoyGBiv
01-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes.. but.. will she ever be prosecuted?

I like Judge Andy... emphasis mine.

Why Hillary Clinton's legal woes are grave or even fatal: A tale of two smoking guns (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/01/14/why-hillary-clintons-legal-woes-are-grave-or-even-fatal-tale-two-smoking-guns.html?intcmp=hphz03)

Last weekend, the State Department released two smoking guns -- each an email from Clinton to a State Department subordinate. One instructed a subordinate who was having difficulty getting a document to Clinton that she had not seen by using a secure State Department fax machine to use an insecure fax machine. The other instructed another subordinate to remove the “confidential” or “secret” designation from a document Clinton had not seen before sending it to her. These two emails show a pattern of behavior utterly heedless of the profound responsibilities of the secretary of state, repugnant to her sworn agreement to safeguard state secrets, and criminal at their essence.

If the FBI recommends indictment and the attorney general declines to do so, expect Saturday Night Massacre-like leaks of draft indictments, whistleblower revelations and litigation, and FBI resignations, led by the fiercely independent and intellectually honest FBI Director James Comey himself.

That would be fatal to Clinton’s political career, as well.

StraitR
01-14-2016, 10:09 PM

Why Hillary Clinton's legal woes are grave or even fatal: A tale of two smoking guns (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/01/14/why-hillary-clintons-legal-woes-are-grave-or-even-fatal-tale-two-smoking-guns.html?intcmp=hphz03)

Prosecuted, I sure hope so, but probably not. Nevertheless, as much as I'd like to see her PUT IN prison, I'd settle for seeing her KEPT OUT of the oval office.

RoyGBiv
01-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Anything short of hanged, drawn and quartered would be unsatisfactory....

Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/19/inspector-general-clinton-emails-had-intel-from-most-secretive-classified-programs.html?intcmp=hpbt1)

Fox News exclusively obtained the text of the unclassified letter, sent Jan. 14 from Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. It laid out the findings of a recent comprehensive review by intelligence agencies that identified "several dozen" additional classified emails -- including specific intelligence known as "special access programs" (SAP).

That indicates a level of classification beyond even “top secret,” the label previously given to two emails found on her server, and brings even more scrutiny to the presidential candidate’s handling of the government’s closely held secrets.

“To date, I have received two sworn declarations from one [intelligence community] element. These declarations cover several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the confidential, secret, and top secret/sap levels,” said the IG letter to lawmakers with oversight of the intelligence community and State Department. “According to the declarant, these documents contain information derived from classified IC element sources.”

NEPAKevin
01-19-2016, 03:24 PM
But, but, but.. Hillary Clinton says she did not send classified material (https://youtu.be/V8c5-qyz6NQ)

I just have one question. Where did Hillary get the PF jump suit?

BaiHu
01-19-2016, 03:26 PM
But, but, but.. Hillary Clinton says she did not send classified material (https://youtu.be/V8c5-qyz6NQ)

I just have one question. Where did Hillary get the PF jump suit?
Orange is the new black. She's just preparing for her new look?

RJ
01-19-2016, 03:44 PM

I seriously doubt it.

But: I lived in Washington during Clinton 1.0. I can tell you, if there is any chance of this going south on her, there will be a stampede of people who will help push her down the stairs.

She is really not liked in Washington.

I'll give one personal anecdote related to my work in Aerospace.

I used to work on an assignment in Quantico, relating to HMX-1, the US Marine helo detachment that flies the President aboard Marine One.

In our work group, we had a couple retired Marine One pilots, as well as a few Crew Chiefs.

One of the Crew Chiefs told me that once, during a routine lift out of the White House, then First Lady Mrs. Clinton and her entourage boarded the aircraft with their lunch. They littered trash, dropped food, and dripped ketchup throughout the immaculate interior of the helo.

My friend the crew chief said the crew was ignored during the flight, being directed afterwards to clean everything up, after Mrs. Clinton and her guests departed. It took them quite a long time to get that aircraft back to "Presidential" standard.

If you have ever seen one of the Presidential aircraft, you know how clean the guys keep it. You can seriously eat off the engine turbine blades.

I relate this as it just goes to the kind of person Mrs. Clinton is, and to her character.

I'd rather vote for an East BFE dogcatcher than her.

Willard
01-20-2016, 12:23 AM
I'd rather vote for an East BFE dogcatcher than her.

I'd even give preference to the stray dog.

StraitR
01-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Report: Hillary Clinton server contained highly classified intel (http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-server-classified-ig-report/index.html)

Updated 9:07 AM ET, Wed January 20, 2016
Washington (CNN)The emails on Hillary Clinton's private server contained classified intelligence from some of the U.S. intelligence community's most secretive programs, according to a new report.

The Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III sent a letter to leaders on congressional intelligence committees last week detailing the findings from a review of Clinton's emails, a spokeswoman for the inspector general confirmed to CNN.

RoyGBiv
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Report: Hillary Clinton server contained highly classified intel (http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-server-classified-ig-report/index.html)

Updated 9:07 AM ET, Wed January 20, 2016
Washington (CNN)The emails on Hillary Clinton's private server contained classified intelligence from some of the U.S. intelligence community's most secretive programs, according to a new report.

The Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III sent a letter to leaders on congressional intelligence committees last week detailing the findings from a review of Clinton's emails, a spokeswoman for the inspector general confirmed to CNN.
How could that server NOT contain the highest secrets?
She was SoS and that was the ONLY email account she used for State business.... allegedly.

http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Angry/BangHead.gif.pagespeed.ce.bNvjStLaEs.gif

RJ
01-20-2016, 10:06 AM
How could that server NOT contain the highest secrets?
She was SoS and that was the ONLY email account she used for State business.... allegedly.

http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Angry/BangHead.gif.pagespeed.ce.bNvjStLaEs.gif

My guess is that this (highly classified type info) has been known to the highest levels in government (I.e. The President) for some time.

They are just weighing how to spin it to preserve the Democratic Party's best chance for the WH.

If this turns away from Hillary! and towards Bernie, I predict it will happen very very quickly.

The Clinton machine is very powerful, and it may be that this struggle takes place quietly inside the Beltway, with that woman pridefully striding to the Podium to accept the nomination for President.

NEPAKevin
01-20-2016, 11:46 AM
... with that woman pridefully striding to the Podium to accept the nomination for President.

I'd like to see her try that wearing leg irons.

Drang
01-20-2016, 12:58 PM
My guess is that this (highly classified type info) has been known to the highest levels in government (I.e. The President) for some time.

They are just weighing how to spin it to preserve the Democratic Party's best chance for the WH.

If this turns away from Hillary! and towards Bernie, I predict it will happen very very quickly.

The Clinton machine is very powerful, and it may be that this struggle takes place quietly inside the Beltway, with that woman pridefully striding to the Podium to accept the nomination for President.

Someone better advise the Park Police that there's about to be a rash of suicides...

ETA: Also, tell Webster that he'll need to add a new colloquialism to the dictionary.
"Have you seen Ralph?"
"Didn't you hear? Ralph got Fostered."
(Or maybe "Vinced.")

RJ
01-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Someone better advise the Park Police that there's about to be a rash of suicides...

ETA: Also, tell Webster that he'll need to add a new colloquialism to the dictionary.
"Have you seen Ralph?"
"Didn't you hear? Ralph got Fostered."
(Or maybe "Vinced.")

This.

StraitR
01-22-2016, 03:34 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Clinton email exposed intel from human spying (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/22/exclusive-at-least-one-clinton-email-had-most-sensitive-designation-exposing-that-it-had-human-intelligence-source-reporting.html?intcmp=hpbt4)

Published January 22, 2016
At least one of the emails on Hillary Clinton's private server contained extremely sensitive information identified by an intelligence agency as "HCS-O," which is the code used for reporting on human intelligence sources in ongoing operations, according to two sources not authorized to speak on the record.

Both sources are familiar with the intelligence community inspector general’s January 14 letter to Congress, advising the Oversight committees that intelligence beyond Top Secret -- known as Special Access Program (SAP) -- was identified in the Clinton emails, as well the supporting documents from the affected agencies that owned the information and have final say on classification

RJ
01-22-2016, 03:48 PM
If I did a tenth of what she did in this case during my career, I'd be typing this from Leavenworth.

Nothing to see. Move along.

Arbninftry
01-22-2016, 08:33 PM
I am a retired Army Intel (previously an Infantryman) type so this is my take.
The biggest failure of the media, is to explain how the emails were sent via an unclassified network.

Most people will never realize this was not just a forwarded email.

TOP SECRET information is transmitted by a closed network. To get it on an UNCLASSIFIED network, someone had to physically download it onto a thumb drive or CD and then cut and paste. The SECRET or SIPRNET is done the same way. Whomever committed this act of removing the information has committed a felony. BTW, a felony for each email, if the forwarded email had 5 emails contained in it, that is five counts. So multiply it by what 1330? or so!!!

Also, all persons given access are required to sign a list of forms, and one of these forms is about custodial care, meaning all given access to classified information are to take care of the information in an appropriate manner, and last I checked private servers are not continually scanned by the Info Security people or DOIM types.

There are a lot of serious problems here and many people have lost careers and even gone to jail for less. In 2001, the FBI arrested Hansen for spying for the Russians, now only if they will do the same for a data breach that could make his spying look small.

Or not, this could get to embarrassing for a lot of people and get swept under the rug.

Arbninftry
01-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Also, I need to add-
There are some Holy Grails in the Intel community,
Never expose SIGINT, IMINT and HUMINT. Always protect your Sources and Methods.

It has been recently revealed by Fox News that HUMINT was compromised. Hopefully no individual was comprised while in the field.

RoyGBiv
01-23-2016, 09:02 AM
^^^^ Thanks for that insight. I didn't think I could despise her any more deeply. I was wrong.
I suppose Houma is likely involved in the movement of data from secure to nonsecure systems. Likely not her alone.

Waiting to see how HRC manages to dodge prison. Which I'm certain she'll manage.

RJ
01-23-2016, 10:48 AM
It occured to me that Bernie could be reassessing his 'tired of hearing about the dam emails' remark.

I wonder if we see an emerging theme from him in the coming weeks about 'character' (implied lack of same from Hillary!)

I think it would really help him in terms of discriminating him and play positively to his 'America' / Simon and Garfunkle meme he's currently working on.

Either that, or maybe we see this guy:

:cool:

ranger
01-23-2016, 10:57 AM
I hate the whole "what does it matter" attitude by the media and Dems on the classified data issue - any other American would be under the jail right now if they had done this whole bypass classified regulations issue. This sets a new standard for hypocrisy and double standard. Hillary should be in jail right now.

StraitR
01-23-2016, 11:03 AM
I hate the whole "what does it matter" attitude by the media and Dems on the classified data issue - any other American would be under the jail right now if they had done this whole bypass classified regulations issue. This sets a new standard for hypocrisy and double standard. Hillary should be in jail right now.

Hallelujah. And that hypocrisy the principle point behind my rabble rousing.

ETA: That pic is hilarious, Rich.

Gray222
01-23-2016, 05:13 PM

That is the very reason she is getting crushed in many left circles via poll and opinion pieces. I've had this convo a few times and even the leftists that say its a giant conspiracy against her are beginning to understand that the FBI doesn't take sides (for the most part).

nycnoob
01-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Weren't there rumors that other politicians had a personal mail server as well?
I remember in particular a rumor that Obama had one. Are we going to hear about
more general investigations into this practice?

NETim
01-23-2016, 05:22 PM
30 some odd years ago, as a run of the mill E5 in Uncle Sam's canoe club, I spent many hours on the DD-972 counting EVERY page in EVERY tech manual after checking them out of the crypto vault.

And that stuff was simply CLASSIFIED material.

But then, I'm not royalty.

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 06:04 PM
30 some odd years ago, as a run of the mill E5 in Uncle Sam's canoe club, I spent many hours on the DD-972 counting EVERY page in EVERY tech manual after checking them out of the crypto vault.

And that stuff was simply CLASSIFIED material.

But then, I'm not royalty.

See what happens when a regular member of the armed forces puts a flash drive in a computer or tries to charge their phone from a USB port.....:eek:. This is likely the largest double standard ever seen. If Hilary is not prosecuted, the Hilary Defense will make it impossible for anyone to ever be prosecuted again for mishandling government data.

Chance
01-29-2016, 03:19 PM
The State Department has formally announced Hillary had data on her server that warranted a top secret clearance. From the AP (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e19abf78b6fe43e7b7719f059901630d/apnewsbreak-govt-finds-top-secret-info-clinton-emails):

The Obama administration confirmed for the first time Friday that Hillary Clinton's unsecured home server contained some of the U.S. government's most closely guarded secrets, censoring 22 emails with material demanding one of the highest levels of classification. The revelation comes just three days before the Iowa presidential nominating caucuses in which Clinton is a candidate.

The State Department will release its next batch of emails from Clinton's time as secretary of state later Friday.

But The Associated Press has learned seven email chains are being withheld in full because they contain information deemed to be "top secret." The 37 pages include messages recently described by a key intelligence official as concerning so-called "special access programs" — a highly restricted subset of classified material that could point to confidential sources or clandestine programs like drone strikes or government eavesdropping.

Dagga Boy
01-29-2016, 03:45 PM
The State Department has formally announced Hillary had data on her server that warranted a top secret clearance. From the AP (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e19abf78b6fe43e7b7719f059901630d/apnewsbreak-govt-finds-top-secret-info-clinton-emails):

A judge on this needs to give the administration two choices......produce the emails or indict her. Not turning them over should....in a non-Clinton world be a clue that it is obvious she broke the law, and if they do not, some contempt of court arrests need to be made for not turning them over. I would suggest the current Secretary of State.

StraitR
01-29-2016, 03:48 PM
I know people keep saying this will all go away, but I refuse to stop believing that she's going to burn for the email server. It should be for Benghazi, but at this point I'll just be happy to see the flames.

The timing is interesting too. Almost like it was on purpose. :D I'm thinking the Left has figured out what the Right has known all along, which is HRC has too much unsettled political debt to suppress through a Presidential election. I'm pretty sure the Obama administration could have held this confirmation for a couple days or longer if they wanted to protect her for the Iowa caucuses. The Dems know it, are talking about in their power circles, and now the Obama administration is starting to participate.

RJ
01-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Nothing to see.

Move along. :cool:

Here's my guess how the conversation will go in the Oval office.

The President is going to receive the FBI report with an assessment of the TS/SCI, SigInt and Humint data spills. The FBI will suggest several options, from formal indictment to censure to an internal WH reprimand.

Obama will listen to his AG, and agree that while Hillary! made poor decisions, enough smoke and mirrors is in the FBI report that cast some doubt that Hillary! was directly responsible.

Hillary! will meet with Obama in the WH and broker a deal. In return for a Presidential Finding that Nothing, Really, Was at Risk, Hillary! will pledge her support to retaining a significant number of Obama Presidential appointees, as well retaining several key Obama Cabinet members who will continue to serve in a Hillary! administration.

It will also cost her a single heartfelt speech, perhaps in the Rose Garden, flanked by Obama and Ah Never had Cex With That Woman.

In this speech, she will humble herself in front of the American people, admitting to certain unspoken 'errors' in judgement. Obama will look grim and nod sagely.

After a few minutes of cluck clucking, the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the common taters (*) will consider the matter closed, and move on. Hillary! will receive her coronation by Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the DNC from the superdelegate votes.

That, guys, is how it works inside the Beltway. :)

* Phrase borrowed from Mr. Claude Werner

RoyGBiv
01-29-2016, 05:58 PM

Under. The. Jail.

Chance
01-29-2016, 06:51 PM
In this speech, she will humble herself in front of the American people, admitting to certain unspoken 'errors' in judgement. Obama will look grim and nod sagely.

I'm not seeing her be charged. Unless they can prove she did all this with the explicit intention of disclosing that data, they're not going to throw the book at a former first lady, and former Secretary of State, for being stupid. That would make a ton of people look bad, and accomplish little.

BaiHu
01-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Who benefits most if Hilary et al get smeared? Obama. He would become the de facto Don Corleone of the DNC. He becomes the Clinton Foundation without having to lift a finger.

Gray222
01-29-2016, 08:55 PM
She in jail yet?

Whats the hold up?

BaiHu
01-29-2016, 09:05 PM
She in jail yet?

Whats the hold up?
I'm thinking StraitR is right, it's about timing. The general American populace has the memory of a goldfish. Look how many scandals she's had before 2016 and the only one that's still plodding along is the email scandal. If I'm right, I'm right because StraitR is right too.

Just thinking out loud.

Chance
01-29-2016, 09:41 PM
She in jail yet?

She ain't going to jail, dude. Worst case scenario, she'll have to testify in front of some inconsequential congressional subcommittee, and then plead the fifth.

First Lady. US Senator. Secretary of State. Leading candidate for president.

Water off a duck's back. She'll be back to charging $300,000 for a speech in no time.

StraitR
01-29-2016, 10:32 PM
You have to admit, it would be fun to watch it all shake out if she wins the Dem nomination.

Megyn Kelly - "Mr. Trump, your slogan is 'Make America Great Again', how do you intend to do that?"

Donald - "Have we forgotten about the email server?"

Megyn - "Um, ok, well is rounding up millions of illegals and kicking them out still your solution to our immigration problem?"

Donald - "Some of our nations most guarded secrets were in there."

Megyn - "Let's try to stick with the questions. So, are you concerned that a lot of American people describe you as 'too brash'?"

Donald - "What's she going to do next, tweet our nuclear launch codes?"

Megyn - "Mr. Trump, can you please ju..."

Donald - "For crying out loud, I wouldn't trust her to walk my dog, and I don't even have a dog, Megyn."

Rick_ICT
01-29-2016, 10:58 PM
At the risk of sounding like I've got my tin-foil cap on too tightly...

Everyone's favorite constitutional scholar is going to be out of work and looking for a new place to hang his hat in just about one year from now. Perhaps something befitting a man of his preeminent constitutional scholarship.

The Supreme Court has got a lot old people on it, at least some of whom will likely no longer be on the bench by the end of the next presidential term.

I'm guessing none of the limited-government candidates in the race (or even Mr Trump, for that matter) would be likely to nominate our favorite constitutional scholar for such a position.

If only there were someone in the White House with the political cover to nominate him, and who really, really owed him one.

Hmmm.

Dagga Boy
01-29-2016, 11:20 PM
The problem with making this go away is that the intel community will never be able to prosecute another mishandling case again...period. Even the crappiest defense attorney will play the Hilary "oh, I didn't know how to handle information" defense. I mean if the Secretary of State and former First Lady didn't know how to handle it, how would some poor CIA analyst or DIA officer....geez.

JohnO
01-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Hillary is probably looking into a Fact Finding Mission or impromptu vacation to one of the following right now. How much of the Clinton Crime Foundation's assets have been strategically located in offshore banks. I hear the Cook Islands are untouchable even by Uncle Sam.

These countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,

Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

Joe in PNG
01-30-2016, 02:39 AM

Everyone's favorite constitutional scholar is going to be out of work and looking for a new place to hang his hat in just about one year from now. Perhaps something befitting a man of his preeminent constitutional scholarship.
The Supreme Court has got a lot old people on it, at least some of whom will likely no longer be on the bench by the end of the next presidential term.
I'm guessing none of the limited-government candidates in the race (or even Mr Trump, for that matter) would be likely to nominate our favorite constitutional scholar for such a position.
If only there were someone in the White House with the political cover to nominate him, and who really, really owed him one.
Hmmm.

I like it...
Now they could be waiting to see just what happens during the next few primaries. Should Hillary! flop, yeah, under the bus she goes.

Arbninftry
01-30-2016, 03:32 AM
And these are all wonderful countries that cu** bit** can go live in.
I have seen good men's careers cut short for less than what she did. Lead by example.

Hillary is probably looking into a Fact Finding Mission or impromptu vacation to one of the following right now. How much of the Clinton Crime Foundation's assets have been strategically located in offshore banks. I hear the Cook Islands are untouchable even by Uncle Sam.

These countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,

Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

RJ
01-30-2016, 08:23 AM
I like it...
Now they could be waiting to see just what happens during the next few primaries. Should Hillary! flop, yeah, under the bus she goes.

This right here. ^^^

Gray222
01-30-2016, 09:10 AM
She ain't going to jail, dude. Worst case scenario, she'll have to testify in front of some inconsequential congressional subcommittee, and then plead the fifth.

First Lady. US Senator. Secretary of State. Leading candidate for president.

Water off a duck's back. She'll be back to charging $300,000 for a speech in no time.

On the contrary, if the director of the FBI has any integrity, and by all accounts he plays the middle well, this should be the "case of a lifetime" for him and should show the American public that no one is too big to get arrested.

She should be perp walked out of a rally on live television.

JohnO
01-30-2016, 09:52 AM
On the contrary, if the director of the FBI has any integrity, and by all accounts he plays the middle well, this should be the "case of a lifetime" for him and should show the American public that no one is too big to get arrested.

Who better to use and make an example of! Of course the feminists will be having kanipshins.

Jeep
01-30-2016, 10:12 AM
The problem with making this go away is that the intel community will never be able to prosecute another mishandling case again...period. Even the crappiest defense attorney will play the Hilary "oh, I didn't know how to handle information" defense. I mean if the Secretary of State and former First Lady didn't know how to handle it, how would some poor CIA analyst or DIA officer....geez.

Unfortunately, I think they won't have any problem prosecuting people. The defense lawyers will be precluded from mentioning Clinton to the jury and since the national press is barely covering this, most jurors won't have ever heard of it much less remember it.

I fully expect, is she is elected, to see her DOJ prosecuting people for violations not a tenth as serious as what she did. She and Bill got away with the "White House Teas" where they raised campaign funds from, among others, senior officers of the communist Chinese intelligence service. It was a blatant violation of federal law and there was no possible defense. They knew they were violating federal law. Clinton's justice department yawned and did nothing even though the then-head of the FBI, Louis Freeh, was doing everything he could to get action. And the press? They were busy going after Ken Starr for the Monica investigation.

The truth is that we are rapidly becoming a society with two sets of rules. One for the ruling class in Washington (with branches elsewhere) and one for the rest of us. I don't think that Hillary is at all worried about the investigation precisely because of that.

camel
01-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Hillary probably will not be indicted. It will be blamed on one of her underlings that she will pardon if elected president.

Chance
01-30-2016, 11:41 AM
And the New York Times just endorsed Hillary for the nomination. So these revelations are obviously creating quite a stir.

NEPAKevin
01-30-2016, 12:11 PM

Hmmm.

Oh, com'on now. Just because at the Iowa town hall meeting, Hillary said that Obama on the Supreme Court "would be a great idea" lets not go jumping to conclusions that there is a quid-pro-quo on the table.

RevolverRob
01-30-2016, 12:19 PM
One critical aspect that is being overlooked. It is known that the Obama-camp and the Clinton-camp are not supportive of one another in the DNC. Obama's camp is looking to permanently dethrone the Clinton's and put them out to rest. This is actually part of a long and calculated game of political chess on Obama's part. It started with the selection of Clinton to be Sec of State a position she was never qualified for. Then, I hypothesize, that the president and his intelligence community let Clinton's ego go ahead, purposefully unchecked. With enough evidence to get her out of Sec of State (Benghazi) they have been holding onto various bits of information and releasing it slowly as a timing effect.

Obama has played Clinton like a fine violin. We may think about him as occasionally a buffoon, but this is a man from the Chicago-school of politics. It's subtle and it's real. Hillary has really had all of her politics handed to her in many ways.

Anyways, here is my prediction of what happens - In the near future, Clinton will be informed that she either drops out of the race and endorses a candidate (Sanders or Biden) in exchange for stonewalling the indictment, or if she refuses the indictment goes forward to the AG and there will be no presidential pardon. This way Clinton can remove herself from the race citing exhaustion or something of like and save face. Bernie or Biden move forward to take on whomever the GOP nominates for what may turn out to be an easy or hard campaign depending. Regardless, Obama's camp can rely on retention of cabinet-level positions with Bernie, in exchange for clearing his path. Or if it is Biden obviously, it is straight on forward.

Oh and Obama-to-SCOTUS is ludicrous. Obama will be charging 100-300k for a speech and will go on to be a very successful fundraiser for DNC. He will not be looking for a job that keeps him chained to the bench in any sense of the word.

-R

JohnO
01-30-2016, 01:06 PM
One critical aspect that is being overlooked. It is known that the Obama-camp and the Clinton-camp are not supportive of one another in the DNC. Obama's camp is looking to permanently dethrone the Clinton's and put them out to rest. This is actually part of a long and calculated game of political chess on Obama's part.

It was better to have her inside the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in. Obama spayed Hillary and neutered Bill with one appointment. And now look at what it has turned into! High Art if intentional from the get go.

Hot Sauce
01-30-2016, 01:13 PM

Any organization's first imperative is self preservation. In general, the FBI is currently respected across all divisions of the population. No matter which party wins, the FBI continues to be respected and funded as the premier LE agency in the country.

On the other hand, the FBI could be seen as taking sides politics if they arrested/indicted the top presidential candidate. Being a top presidential candidate essentially shields her from the potential wrath of agencies that do not want to be seen as overly political in the Dem-Repub sense (they obviously make political decisions all the time, but not party politics as it were). The FBI would lose credibility with a large segment of the population, for essentially nothing more than apolitically doing their job.

A paradox. Bureau will be seen as playing politics for carrying out their job apolitically. Bureau will be perceived as apolitical by most (not all) of the population by making a political decision to not pursue the case.

Mark me down on the side of "there is no way they are gonna arrest her."

JohnO
01-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Mark me down on the side of "there is no way they are gonna arrest her."

Got to think outside the Box, Bill did!

NEPAKevin
01-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Either way, if the FBI does or does not charge Hillary, it will effect the election. If she was as negligent with state security as it appears, I for one am hoping that the BHO administration cuts ties and lets her swing to save their own necks. Wouldn't it be ironic if Bill were to be the one visiting Hillary in prison.

Josh Runkle
01-30-2016, 01:46 PM

Hmmm.

But, he stands to make billions of dollars in speeches if he doesn't become a justice.

Rick_ICT
01-30-2016, 01:52 PM
One critical aspect that is being overlooked. It is known that the Obama-camp and the Clinton-camp are not supportive of one another in the DNC. Obama's camp is looking to permanently dethrone the Clinton's and put them out to rest. This is actually part of a long and calculated game of political chess on Obama's part. It started with the selection of Clinton to be Sec of State a position she was never qualified for. Then, I hypothesize, that the president and his intelligence community let Clinton's ego go ahead, purposefully unchecked. With enough evidence to get her out of Sec of State (Benghazi) they have been holding onto various bits of information and releasing it slowly as a timing effect.

Obama has played Clinton like a fine violin. We may think about him as occasionally a buffoon, but this is a man from the Chicago-school of politics. It's subtle and it's real. Hillary has really had all of her politics handed to her in many ways.

Anyways, here is my prediction of what happens - In the near future, Clinton will be informed that she either drops out of the race and endorses a candidate (Sanders or Biden) in exchange for stonewalling the indictment, or if she refuses the indictment goes forward to the AG and there will be no presidential pardon. This way Clinton can remove herself from the race citing exhaustion or something of like and save face. Bernie or Biden move forward to take on whomever the GOP nominates for what may turn out to be an easy or hard campaign depending. Regardless, Obama's camp can rely on retention of cabinet-level positions with Bernie, in exchange for clearing his path. Or if it is Biden obviously, it is straight on forward.

Oh and Obama-to-SCOTUS is ludicrous. Obama will be charging 100-300k for a speech and will go on to be a very successful fundraiser for DNC. He will not be looking for a job that keeps him chained to the bench in any sense of the word.

-R

I've frequently read that there is a great deal of animosity between the two camps. However, I do not foresee any Dem replacement retaining many cabinet appointees for long. If it were Biden, who so far refuses to enter the race, he might proceed business as usual at least initially. Any other winner is going to want to dance with the one(s) who brought them to the party. Especially if the winner were Bernie. Hillary may be despised, but she can be counted on to play ball. As someone else mentioned, Bernie is the Ron Paul of the Dem party, I think he scares the hell out of the Dem establishment and I don't think for a moment that anyone in the party believes he can be counted on for anything but trashing their brand without getting anything meaningful done through congress. He is a loose cannon, an unknown quantity to the establishment.

The idea that somehow the Obama camp foresaw Hillary overseeing a debacle on the scale of Benghazi, and then so amateurishly covering her tracks that they would later have that leverage to use against her seems considerably further fetched than the Obama to SCOTUS suggestion (which was admittedly somewhat tongue-in-cheek). Yes, she was incompetent for that (or any) position, but appointing her on that basis would be akin to attempting to draw to an inside straight.

Better the devil you know, and all of that... And unfortunately for us all, the only devil they know well with a reasonable chance of carrying the torch is this evil, drunken witch.

Dagga Boy
01-30-2016, 02:11 PM
The Obama/Clinton dislike is very real. I don't give President Obama much credit on deep thinking...not his game. Valerie Jarrett....absolutely. I don't see A former president Obama on the Supreme Court. Way too limiting and a step down in his universe. I do see the next Head of the UN.....sort of head guy in charge of how he thinks things should be in the whole world. A true place where he would believe he can level the global playing field.

Joe Biden is the perfect duffer to replace Obama and be an Obama stand in for that camp. Most voters are way to ill informed to realize just what a moron Crazy uncle Joe is.

The entire US intel community and FBI will still be there next year. I do not see a revolt there due to shrugging off the Hilary issues as being okay. Also.....after the latest Snowden drop that we had hacked Israel's drones and intel stuff, along with Egypt and others....things could get very interesting with our "allies". Especially, with this done on the Hilary/Obama watch.

We live in interesting times......

Rick_ICT
01-30-2016, 02:13 PM
But, he stands to make billions of dollars in speeches if he doesn't become a justice.

As I just confessed in the above post, the Obama-SCOTUS suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. However, I don't think the Obamas are in any way, shape, or form worries about making the mortgage payments. And I think Obama is a "true believer", much more so than Hillary has ever been, and that may be more important to him than racking up many more millions than he has in the bank now. I disagree with most of what Obama believes in, but I will at least acknowledge that I think most of his positions come from personally held convictions. I do not think Hillary suffers from any such deeply held convictions (though I'd certainly like to see her rack up a few convictions!).

So having said all of that, I think Obama would leap at a chance to forego the speaking fees and "family foundations" for a shot at the SCOTUS. It would fit right into his ego model, and allow him to help "redefine" the law without that damn annoying congress standing in his way. He is still relatively young. Can you imagine what he could accomplish in the next quarter-century from the bench of the SCOTUS? I sure can, and I bet he can too.

And, I suspect that between the Obama and the Clinton camps, there has been enough oppo research and backstabbing by old alliances that they have reached a point of detente due to mutually assured destruction. Neither camp can afford to take out the other, as it would ensure their own demise (and indictment?).

As I said, it was idle speculation, but not entirely unfathomable, at least to me.

Unisaw
01-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Do you suppose that the FBI has come across information on Hillary's server that can be used to pressure the administration to indict Hillary? As corrupt as the White House is, and given how many administration officials have been using personal email accounts, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Hillary could be viewed as the more expendable person. But, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Chance
01-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Do you suppose that the FBI has come across information on Hillary's server that can be used to pressure the administration to indict Hillary?

So what if they have? If someone were to leak details of that investigation, they'd go to prison.

Gray222
01-30-2016, 04:40 PM
Met a hillary 2016 tshirt wearing supporter just now.

I asked her what she thought of the email scandal and she said it was made up by the right wing crazies. Asked her what happens if she gets arrested because of it? She said theres no evidence and they wont arrest her because if they had evidence of this made up crime they would have.

Bizarro world.

Josh Runkle
01-30-2016, 04:44 PM
So what if they have? If someone were to leak details of that investigation, they'd go to prison.

And if they didn't, they might find themselves a nice cabinet position, Ambassadorship, etc...

TGS
01-30-2016, 04:58 PM
And if they didn't, they might find themselves a nice cabinet position, Ambassadorship, etc...

Are you implying that all the hump agents working this investigation are vying for a cabinet level position from this mess, and that's their motivation to have integrity in their jobs? Am I just reading this wrong?

Glenn E. Meyer
01-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Saw that the Pentagon isn't going to demote Petraeus. Wonder if there was pressure not to do that as to lighten the load on indicting Hillary?

Unisaw
01-30-2016, 05:22 PM

Who do you think is the source of the leaks thus far? The administration, someone in the FBI, someone in the intelligence community, or someone else? If anyone other than the administration, they don't seem to be worried about going to jail.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-30-2016, 05:25 PM
High level FBI leaked Watergate. Did that guy go to prison?

Josh Runkle
01-30-2016, 05:51 PM
Are you implying that all the hump agents working this investigation are vying for a cabinet level position from this mess, and that's their motivation to have integrity in their jobs? Am I just reading this wrong?

Nope, only that a director or assistant director might, and might in turn squash the investigation.

TGS
01-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Nope, only that a director or assistant director might, and might in turn squash the investigation.

You mean the registered republican who has made public statements contrary to the White House's drumbeat?

I don't know, Josh. I don't really see it.

JAD
01-30-2016, 11:01 PM

You working vice now?

JohnO
01-31-2016, 12:06 AM

I asked her what she thought of the email scandal and she said it was made up by the right wing crazies. Asked her what happens if she gets arrested because of it? She said theres no evidence and they wont arrest her because if they had evidence of this made up crime they would have.

Bizarro world.

Oh my. They are just as bad as the Obama zombies.

Speaking of clothing. Do women wear pants suits in prison? I can think of someone who may want to know the answer.

RevolverRob
01-31-2016, 12:27 AM
The idea that somehow the Obama camp foresaw Hillary overseeing a debacle on the scale of Benghazi, and then so amateurishly covering her tracks that they would later have that leverage to use against her seems considerably further fetched than the Obama to SCOTUS suggestion (which was admittedly somewhat tongue-in-cheek). Yes, she was incompetent for that (or any) position, but appointing her on that basis would be akin to attempting to draw to an inside straight.

Foresaw it? No.

Identified a potential opportunity and then aided and abetted it, with malicious intent to slander someone politically? Oh yea. I'm not saying we gave the terrorists in question the guns. But someone might have dropped the ball on communicating that threat to Hilary for the express purpose of long-term political intrigue. Frankly, we will never know the answer. Just like we don't know who killed Kennedy.

Better the devil you know, and all of that... And unfortunately for us all, the only devil they know well with a reasonable chance of carrying the torch is this evil, drunken witch.

A puppet controlled by the current head-dude-in-charge is actually better.

-Rob

Gray222
01-31-2016, 07:47 AM
You working vice now?

Not my speed.

Oh my. They are just as bad as the Obama zombies.

Speaking of clothing. Do women wear pants suits in prison? I can think of someone who may want to know the answer.

This one definitely fell into the title of "uneducated" voter.

Tamara
01-31-2016, 10:56 AM
I don't see A former president Obama on the Supreme Court. Way too limiting and a step down in his universe. I do see the next Head of the UN.....sort of head guy in charge of how he thinks things should be in the whole world. A true place where he would believe he can level the global playing field..

Secretary General can't be from any of the five permanent members of the Security Council.

RoyGBiv
01-31-2016, 11:12 AM
Secretary General can't be from any of the five permanent members of the Security Council.

Kenyans are eligible. No? ;)

Glenn E. Meyer
01-31-2016, 11:54 AM
Are Canadians? :rolleyes:

Dagga Boy
01-31-2016, 12:18 PM

You usually don't get a Nobel peace prize for just showing up.....maybe they'll change the rules. I forsee him moving to the "world stage" somehow. His goals have always been to knock the US down and redistribute our wealth and power globally. I forsee that being the long term goal. He will be worse than Carter in this regard.

RJ
01-31-2016, 02:22 PM
What did I tell ya. :cool:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/31/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-emails-iowa/

"Washington (CNN)Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Sunday that rival Hillary Clinton's email controversy is a "very serious issue," even though he has refused to attack the former secretary of state on that front.

Asked Sunday by CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" whether voters should interpret his refusal to engage Clinton on the email issue to mean that Clinton did nothing wrong, Sanders replied with a firm, "No.""

RJ
01-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Are Canadians? :rolleyes:

Give me a minute, I'll ask them.

I mean, heck, there are so many Canucks down here in Clearwater, you'd think an Ice Hockey match would break out in the frozen food locker at Costco. :cool:

PS No offense to Ex-Canadians who are now US citizens: I married one. :)

NEPAKevin
02-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Give me a minute, I'll ask them.

I mean, heck, there are so many Canucks down here in Clearwater, you'd think an Ice Hockey match would break out in the frozen food locker at Costco. :cool:

PS No offense to Ex-Canadians who are now US citizens: I married one. :)

Brings to mind the joke about the guy whose new boss tells him he is putting him in charge of the Canadian market, to which he replies "...only things in Canada are hockey players and whores. " To which the boss humorlessly informs him "my wife is from Canada." to which he responds "So, what team does she play on?"

RoyGBiv
02-02-2016, 11:30 AM
German version of events...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prls6Iz3B3E

Gray222
02-02-2016, 11:35 AM
What did I tell ya. :cool:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/31/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-emails-iowa/

"Washington (CNN)Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Sunday that rival Hillary Clinton's email controversy is a "very serious issue," even though he has refused to attack the former secretary of state on that front.

Asked Sunday by CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" whether voters should interpret his refusal to engage Clinton on the email issue to mean that Clinton did nothing wrong, Sanders replied with a firm, "No.""

He smells blood. So its a smart move for him.

okie john
02-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Now it looks like John Kerry did the same thing, at least to some extent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-used-private-email-send-clinton-now-classified-222700568--politics.html

Okie John

Tamara
02-02-2016, 09:35 PM
You usually don't get a Nobel peace prize for just showing up.....maybe they'll change the rules.

Changing the U.N. Charter isn't like picking a Nobel winner.

That, and the brief love affair the foreign politico-intelligentsia class had with Barry O. wore off sometime in his first term. For one thing, he's way too Right Wing for the European Left.

Tamara
02-02-2016, 09:39 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-used-private-email-send-clinton-now-classified-222700568--politics.html

Okie John

The entire administration has been Amateur Hour from the get-go and only the domestic press's infatuation with the guy has kept them from eating him alive. Thus far. But signs are showing that they're about ready to nut-ride another Great Savior, and if so, Barry's last couple semesters in lame duck office have the possibility to get ugly, if any investigative reporters decide they want some trophies on their wall.

Dagga Boy
02-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Changing the U.N. Charter isn't like picking a Nobel winner.

That, and the brief love affair the foreign politico-intelligentsia class had with Barry O. wore off sometime in his first term. For one thing, he's way too Right Wing for the European Left.

Sorry.....should have had a smiley. Now, in all seriousness....I think he badly wants to be far left of the Euros. Much of everything he does is pretend. Get him off the TelePrompter and there is a very real Marxist.....as long as he is in the elite class.

Drang
02-02-2016, 10:17 PM
The entire administration has been Amateur Hour from the get-go ...
I think you give them too much credit.

GardoneVT
02-02-2016, 10:29 PM
I think you give them too much credit.

Obama is not a fool.

Case in point. Back in 2004 Obama got his ass handed to him in a Senate race against GOP ex-Prosecutor Jim Ryan. At the 11th hour of the campaign, Ryan's divorce records in California were unsealed .A certain dude named Axelrod is connected with this event.

As it happened Mr Ryan and his wife were into saucy stuff. Sex clubs and the like. Personally , whatever a man does with his wife is their business. Given the moral fiber of most IL State Inma-err, politicians, the dude should have gotten an award for marital fidelity.

The Il voters didn't see it that way, what with the ink on George Ryan's(No Relation) arrest docs still being hot .Ryan crashed so hard the IL GOP pulled him from the ballot, and Obama strolled into the US Senate with a one-sided default victory.

farscott
02-03-2016, 05:21 AM
After working for a DoD contractor, the hypocrisy is nauseating. Examples of people losing clearances, thus jobs, abounded for the simplest mistake when handling classified data. I am familiar with one case where a person was sent an email with classified data to which he did not need (and was not cleared to know). While he deleted the email, he did not inform the security officer that he received the email. That lapse was enough to cost him his clearance and his job. The person who sent the email to him by mistake also lost his clearance and his job as he also failed to notify security officers of his error.

On the other hand, the upper levels of American government are mailing documents with classified data on the regular Internet, and no one is getting arrested. I really want to know how data is getting from the secure system designed and assigned to transmit classified information to the "regular" Internet that I am using to type this post. That is a felony right there, and if more than one person is part of it, it becomes conspiracy to commit espionage.

RoyGBiv
02-03-2016, 09:33 AM
I really want to know how data is getting from the secure system designed and assigned to transmit classified information to the "regular" Internet that I am using to type this post. That is a felony right there, and if more than one person is part of it, it becomes conspiracy to commit espionage.
Houma?

Chance
02-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Okie John

Doesn't really surprise me. Once worked on a project for some Navy technical folk. Nothing was SCI, so they just told us to use their gmail addresses. Said it would take them weeks to receive email via their .mil accounts. Weeks.

jh9
02-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Obama is not a fool.

Case in point. Back in 2004 Obama got his ass handed to him in a Senate race against GOP ex-Prosecutor Jim Ryan. At the 11th hour of the campaign, Ryan's divorce records in California were unsealed .A certain dude named Axelrod is connected with this event.

As it happened Mr Ryan and his wife were into saucy stuff. Sex clubs and the like. Personally , whatever a man does with his wife is their business. Given the moral fiber of most IL State Inma-err, politicians, the dude should have gotten an award for marital fidelity.

The Il voters didn't see it that way, what with the ink on George Ryan's(No Relation) arrest docs still being hot .Ryan crashed so hard the IL GOP pulled him from the ballot, and Obama strolled into the US Senate with a one-sided default victory.

Jack Ryan, not Jim. I vaguely remember because his wife was an actress in Star Trek Voyager. And from memory (and wiki) it seems like she was into it a lot less than he was. BDSM clubs is one thing, forcing the issue is another.

Anyway. Sleezy all around, yes. Including having his staffer borderline stalk candidate Obama looking for a good soundbite. But it's Chicago politics. Dude was playing by big boys rules and simple common sense would dictate if you have that much dirt you don't get in a shit slinging match. In Chicago of all places. If the courts hadn't unsealed those documents their contents would have been leaked anyway. Shit like that is too powerful to not use.

All told I'm surprised at how little Obama's opponents have been pilloried. If he is in fact willing to play that dirty you'd think people like Joe Wilson would be broke and sucking dicks in the bathroom of an Olive Garden instead of still serving in Congress.

Erik
02-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Olive Garden, eh?

jh9
02-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Olive Garden, eh?

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/08/25

(Last bubble in the panel)

RevolverRob
02-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Well...I think we know what daughter Chelsea thinks...Freudian slip?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/268328-chelsea-clinton-calls-bernie-president-sanders-in-awkward-slip

Glenn E. Meyer
02-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Hillary and her kid, Jeb and his Mommy.

Is this indicating some kind of Freudian differential between the parties?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/chelsea-clinton-press-213596

Time for Chelsea Clinton's Easy Ride to End

Why is the press treating a wealthy, 35-year-old political operative like she's still a White House kid?

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/chelsea-clinton-press-213596#ixzz3zJH2ASew

RoyGBiv
02-06-2016, 06:45 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/06/hillary-misleading-about-email-probe-during-debate-former-fbi-agents-say.html?intcmp=hpbt2

ranger
02-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Doesn't really surprise me. Once worked on a project for some Navy technical folk. Nothing was SCI, so they just told us to use their gmail addresses. Said it would take them weeks to receive email via their .mil accounts. Weeks.

Interesting, never had major issues with mil email in CONUS or deployed as military or fed civilian. Pretty solid system.

RJ
02-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Interesting, never had major issues with mil email in CONUS or deployed as military or fed civilian. Pretty solid system.

Me too.

Guys I, uh, worked with, never had issues sending or receiving properly authenticated emails.

JohnO
02-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Obama is not a fool.

There were rumors that Barry and his Chicago running buddy Rahm were regulars in the local gay clubs. Years ago online I ran across what was billed as recorded testimony of a guy who procured drugs for and performed certain oral acts on Barry. Sounded legit but who knows. Heck the guy even got a book published detailing it.

http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Larry-Sinclair-Cocaine/dp/0615345069/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347388461&sr=8-1&keywords=larry+sinclair

Joe in PNG
02-06-2016, 03:57 PM
There were rumors that Barry and his Chicago running buddy Rahm were regulars in the local gay clubs. Years ago online I ran across what was billed as recorded testimony of a guy who procured drugs for and performed certain oral acts on Barry. Sounded legit but who knows. Heck the guy even got a book published detailing it.

http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Larry-Sinclair-Cocaine/dp/0615345069/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347388461&sr=8-1&keywords=larry+sinclair

There's people who make up that kind of crap about just about every celeb. Were it provable, Hillary would have found it, and dang sure made it public back in 2008 or before 2012.

GardoneVT
02-06-2016, 04:13 PM
There's people who make up that kind of crap about just about every celeb. Were it provable, Hillary would have found it, and dang sure made it public back in 2008 or before 2012.

Perhaps. Nowadays being a heterosexual cheater is a most unforgivably incorrect scandal, including the alternatives.

Joe in PNG
02-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Perhaps. Nowadays being a heterosexual cheater is a most unforgivably incorrect scandal, including the alternatives.

Actually, the more cynical would say the biggest sin is getting caught. During elections, the tactic of slinging accusations of bad behavior looks easy, but if you do it wrong, it can backfire. First, the accusations do need to be true, or at least truthful. Second, the person accused has to deny the accusations.

-false accusation can create sympathy for the person accused
-ignoring & downplaying the accusations can make the accusers look like partisan persecutors, and also create sympathy
-Ignoring and downplaying can 'run out the clock', especially if the media is playing along

trailrunner
02-06-2016, 06:31 PM

My mail.mil email works fine, but there are some things about working on government computers that are very inconvenient. The biggest hassle is when they disabled all of our USB ports seven or eight years ago, which can make it hard to transfer files. Emailing a file to a gmail account is one way to get around this. Also, there are some emails that I couldn't read on my blackberry because they were encrypted, and reading attachments on that thing was almost impossible, and forwarding it to a personal email account was another workaround. Even with a laptop set up by our IT department, the remote access software they force us when we're working at home or TDY is pretty unreliable (I gave up and don't bother with a laptop anymore), and again, forwarding mail to a personal account is another workaround. But convenience is not a valid excuse to break the rules.

Dagga Boy
02-06-2016, 09:16 PM
My mail.mil email works fine, but there are some things about working on government computers that are very inconvenient. The biggest hassle is when they disabled all of our USB ports seven or eight years ago, which can make it hard to transfer files. Emailing a file to a gmail account is one way to get around this. Also, there are some emails that I couldn't read on my blackberry because they were encrypted, and reading attachments on that thing was almost impossible, and forwarding it to a personal email account was another workaround. Even with a laptop set up by our IT department, the remote access software they force us when we're working at home or TDY is pretty unreliable (I gave up and don't bother with a laptop anymore), and again, forwarding mail to a personal account is another workaround. But convenience is not a valid excuse to break the rules.

So...things put in place for using technology for handling sensitive information can be inconvenient.....no kidding! I guess Mrs. Clinton cannot be bothered with inconvenience like the rest of the workforce in the federal government and military. And this is the point...if Mrs. Clinton gets a pass on this...then in the future, there can be no standard for interrupting convenience.

Rick_ICT
02-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't worry everyone, I'm sure the press is going to be all over this issue real soon...

Well, as soon as they get permission from Hillary!, that is.
(http://gawker.com/this-is-how-hillary-clinton-gets-the-coverage-she-wants-1758019058)

I just threw up a little reading that story. This is how we lose the republic. The press is letting the politicians write the stories covering the politicians for them.

:mad:

RoyGBiv
02-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Just keeps getting worse.

Catherine Herridge deserves a Pulitzer.

Official: Top Clinton aides also handled ‘top secret’ intel on server (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/10/official-top-clinton-aides-also-handled-top-secret-intel-on-server.html)

At least a dozen email accounts handled the “top secret” intelligence that was found on Hillary Clinton’s server and recently deemed too damaging for national security to release, a U.S. government official close to the review told Fox News.

The official said the accounts include not only Clinton’s but those of top aides – including Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, Jake Sullivan and Philippe Reines – as well as State Department Under Secretary for Management Patrick Kennedy and others.

A second source not authorized to speak on the record said the number of accounts involved could be as high as 30 and reflects how the intelligence was broadly shared, replied to, and copied to individuals using the unsecured server.

RoyGBiv
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
^^^ And how about Kennedy lying under oath?

Kennedy recently told the House Benghazi Select Committee that he knew about Clinton's personal email account from the beginning, but did not understand the "scope," thinking it was for reaching husband Bill Clinton and their daughter Chelsea -- and not for the exclusive handling of State Department business. Kennedy's testimony appears to conflict with emails released through the Freedom of Information Act that show he routinely sent and received government business from the Clinton account.

StraitR
02-10-2016, 03:18 PM
There's blood in the water. It's going to be a feeding frenzy by summer.

RJ
02-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Just keeps getting worse.

Catherine Herridge deserves a Pulitzer.

Official: Top Clinton aides also handled ‘top secret’ intel on server (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/10/official-top-clinton-aides-also-handled-top-secret-intel-on-server.html)

Jeebus. You can't make this crap up.

Where's that "I'm talking into an empty telephone, cause there's a dead man on it" movie clip from Heat...:cool:

Edit: here it is, one of my faves:

http://youtu.be/BOtaiiFJ1Wc

JohnO
02-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Well if Hillary escapes unscathed and secures the nomination I suggest this add gets used by the Republicans.

So Secratary Clinton how did this work out for Ambasador Stevens and the brave men of Benghazi?

http://youtu.be/7yr7odFUARg

http://youtu.be/7yr7odFUARg

RoyGBiv
02-11-2016, 09:37 PM
CLINTON FOUNDATION SUBPOENAED, HUMA IN CROSSHAIRS
http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/02/clinton-foundation-subpoenaed-huma-in-crosshairs/

Judge Napolitano Says New Revelations Mean FBI ‘Now Has Leverage’ in Hillary Clinton Email Investigation
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/11/judge-napolitano-says-new-revelations-mean-fbi-now-has-leverage-in-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

"Mrs. Clinton was so reckless in the manner in which she sent out top secret emails, knowingly sending them to people who weren’t authorized to receive them,” Napolitano said on Fox News on Thursday.

“We know…that their acceptance, discussion and transfer of this is a felony. We know…that the FBI now has leverage. That the Justice Department can indict her top aides and trade with them…testimony against Mrs. Clinton in return for a deal with them,” Napolitano said.

These top aides may have included top Clinton confidantes like Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, Philippe Reines and Patrick Kennedy

Beendare
02-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Interesting side note is the 2012 FOIA request of Gawker that turns up Hillarys political hacks spoon feeding the liberal media [The Atlantic] and them writing articles per her instructions
http://gawker.com/this-is-how-hillary-clinton-gets-the-coverage-she-wants-1758019058

Chance
03-03-2016, 11:54 AM
The Clinton staffer who set up the server has been granted immunity. From BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35718989):

A former US state department employee who set up the email server used by Hillary Clinton when she was secretary of state has been granted immunity, according to US media reports.

According to the Washington Post, quoting a senior law enforcement official, the FBI is working with Bryan Pagliano, a former 2008 presidential campaign aide who helped set up the server in 2009, in the criminal case.

Why would he need immunity if he didn't do anything wrong? :confused:

okie john
03-03-2016, 12:39 PM
The Clinton staffer who set up the server has been granted immunity. From BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35718989):

So a potential presidential pardon won't have any value.

Okie John

JV_
03-03-2016, 12:43 PM
I'd be far more concerned about Clinton retribution (ala Vince Folster) than I would be incriminating myself in front of congress.

TAZ
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Maybe so he won't plead the fifth and instead do his best to throw that hag under a bus.

NEPAKevin
03-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Judge Napolitano's take. (http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/03/judge-napolitano-state-dept-staffer-who-set-clintons-emails-granted-immunity)

He said that Pagliano being granted immunity means that DOJ lawyers want to call him as a witness to testify "against some person or persons north of him on the totem pole."

Napolitano said it appears the DOJ believes Pagliano was present at the creation of a "conspiracy" to violate federal laws requiring those who receive state secrets to keep them secure.

Rick_ICT
03-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Maybe so he won't plead the fifth and instead do his best to throw that hag under a bus.

Not a lawyer by any stretch, but aren't these immunity in exchange for testimony deals generally predicated on full disclosure by the immunized party, with a clause that withdraws that immunity if it is later discovered they lied or withheld information?

I'm pretty sure the reason he's gotten immunity is that he's stuck to his fifth amendment guns this far.

And I'm generally of the impression that these deals only get made if the potential prosecutor knows or is pretty sure that what he's getting in return is worth far more than he is giving up by granting immunity.

In other words, dis gonna be gud!

(All fingers crossed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GardoneVT
03-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Not a lawyer by any stretch, but aren't these immunity in exchange for testimony deals generally predicated on full disclosure by the immunized party, with a clause that withdraws that immunity if it is later discovered they lied or withheld information?

I'm pretty sure the reason he's gotten immunity is that he's stuck to his fifth amendment guns this far.

And I'm generally of the impression that these deals only get made if the potential prosecutor knows or is pretty sure that what he's getting in return is worth far more than he is giving up by granting immunity.

(All fingers crossed)

I'm curious what the end result is going to be .

See, there has to be some more meat to this case then just violating Security Clearance regulations. Yeah , it's serious and should be enforced across all the government pay grades equally, but in The Real World that isn't necessarily the case. I can't see the folks in DC risking their political hides and careers unless there was more at stake then Hillary sending emails on an insecure server.

Like proof of kickbacks in the emails , or of Hillary collaborating with Obama to cover up Fast and Furious.

RoyGBiv
03-03-2016, 07:00 PM

I thought that immunity prevents him from taking the 5th.?? If there is a promise of no prosecution, then there can be no self-incrimination, as long as the questions remain within the scope of the granted immunity.... That taking the 5th would be a breach of the immunity deal and potentially contempt?

No???

ssb
03-03-2016, 07:42 PM

(All fingers crossed)

He's asserted his Fifth Amendment rights. The FBI wants something they believe he has that may be incriminating for him. Problem: they cannot (constitutionally) compel him to give self-incriminating information. Solution: offer immunity and subpoena him. If he violates the subpoena (by withholding the demanded information), he can be held in contempt of court. If he testifies, he's immune from -- at minimum -- having the statements he made being used against him, as well as any information derived from those statements being used against him. See Kastigar v. United States, 406 U.S. 441 (1972) (holding that use and derivative use immunity are constitutionally-mandated minimums for compelled incriminating testimony). Transactional immunity -- where he couldn't be prosecuted at all for the underlying offense he's testifying about -- is broader, and really what he wants. I'm not sure if the Feds offer that or not, but some states require it.

I would read this as "shit's getting real."

okie john
03-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm curious what the end result is going to be .

See, there has to be some more meat to this case then just violating Security Clearance regulations. Yeah , it's serious and should be enforced across all the government pay grades equally, but in The Real World that isn't necessarily the case. I can't see the folks in DC risking their political hides and careers unless there was more at stake then Hillary sending emails on an insecure server.

Like proof of kickbacks in the emails , or of Hillary collaborating with Obama to cover up Fast and Furious.

The fact that she broke the law is serious, just as it was with GEN Petraeus or SPC Manning. But we also have to consider the position she held and the quality of the information she exposed. If you run a hostile intelligence service, then gaining the ability to read the communications of any country's top diplomat in near real time over a period of four years pretty much guarantees your place in history. If that country is the United States, then it's valuable beyond your wildest dreams.

To put it in perspective, Bradley Manning exposed something like 200,000 pieces of classified communication that could have exposed methods of intelligence collection and intelligence sources, which might have resulted in the deaths of Americans and individuals who were helping us. He was sentenced to 35 years in prison. He broke the same rules that Mrs. Clinton broke, and the severity of his sentence reflects the value of the information he compromised.

On the other hand, Mrs. Clinton put at risk every email sent to or by the US Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. As with SPC Manning, the information she exposed could have caused the deaths of Americans and individuals who were helping us. One name that leaps to mind is John Christopher Stevens, the US Ambassador to Libya up until 12 SEP 2012, when he was killed by Libyan rebels.

Mrs. Clinton and SPC Manning committed the same crime, but her crimes could be exponentially more damaging to the US because of her position and the fact that she compromised the security of ongoing operations that were classified at the highest possible levels.

Is negligence that results in the death of a US ambassador the kind of smoking gun you're talking about?

Okie John

RoyGBiv
03-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Is negligence that results in the death of a US ambassador the kind of smoking gun you're talking about?

Okie John

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ct85Bax81ryjooro1_500.jpg

StraitR
03-03-2016, 09:56 PM
The Clinton staffer who set up the server has been granted immunity. From BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35718989)

Been telling all you naysayers since page 1, this just keeps getting better.

NEPAKevin
05-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Top aide to Hillary Clinton questioned by FBI in email server investigation (http://www.latimes.com/politics/clinton-aide-fbi-20160505-snap-story.html)

Abedin was interviewed for about two hours at the FBI’s field office in Washington on April 5, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

In accordance with the prophecy, the leaks begin.

Gray222
05-05-2016, 05:10 PM
It is funny to see people online and elsewhere get all angry because she's not locked up yet or that the FBI is still investigating.

They clearly do not understand how long the FBI takes to investigate something.

Mitchell, Esq.
05-05-2016, 05:21 PM
It is funny to see people online and elsewhere get all angry because she's not locked up yet or that the FBI is still investigating.

They clearly do not understand how long the FBI takes to investigate something.

Could it also be because:

1) Nobody believes the FBI investigation is going to come to anything?
2) Nobody believes the AG will permit the Hildabeast to be prosecuted?
3) Nobody believes Obama will leave office without dropping a Pardon on Hillary on the way out the door?

Just get it over with...

What difference does it make?

Gray222
05-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Could it also be because:

1) Nobody believes the FBI investigation is going to come to anything?
2) Nobody believes the AG will permit the Hildabeast to be prosecuted?
3) Nobody believes Obama will leave office without dropping a Pardon on Hillary on the way out the door?

Just get it over with...

What difference does it make?

Well....

1) Only time will tell.
2) AG will not have a leg to stand on to deny the criminal charges recommended by the FBI.
3) If sparklefart pardon's her not only is he, but she is going to lose all sorts of credibility, even more so than now.

tanner
05-05-2016, 06:32 PM
They pardon people who then fade off into the sunset, not right before they step into the Oval Office. Nobody can withstand that kind of stink at that level. If they are forced to pardon her she is done in politics.

ssb
05-05-2016, 06:38 PM
For better or worse, the issue has already been framed. It's either another part of a series of never-ending attacks from the right (to most of the left) or egregious, unaccounted-for criminal behavior (to most of the right). The results of the investigation won't change those perceptions very much, though it would be difficult for the left to argue that something coming out of Obama's DOJ constitutes a Republican hit piece.

ranger
05-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Will be interesting if she gets elected President but then cannot access classified information :mad:

RoyGBiv
05-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Will be interesting if she gets elected President but then cannot access classified information :mad:
There are arguments for (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/01/28/hillary-clintons-worst-nightmare-hint-its-not-bernie-sanders.html)and against (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/08/26/no-hillary-clinton-wouldnt-be-legally-ineligible-for-the-presidency-even-if-she-had-violated-government-records-laws/#_ftn4)her being ineligible by statute (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071).

What would be interesting and entirely possible (because nothing is impossible with Obama) is if Clinton is charged with something much less serious than a violation of 18 USC 2071. Charged to placate and distract. But not serious enough to be either actually disqualifying or make her "damaged goods" in the eyes of her supporters.

RJ
05-05-2016, 09:43 PM
I think the best that one can expect is that there will be a Presidential Finding that her staff made 'errors in judgment' (takes care of the email server, and the staff are expendable, anyway) and that as SecState She! accessed data that was retroactively classified (and of course, not Her! fault.)

And thus quod erat demonstrandum, nothing to see; move along now.

RoyGBiv
05-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Kremlin War Erupts Over Release Of Top Secret Hillary Clinton Emails (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2036.htm)

Seems to be some building validation to this.

Tamara
05-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Kremlin War Erupts Over Release Of Top Secret Hillary Clinton Emails (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2036.htm)

Seems to be some building validation to this.

Do we have another link for that from a site with less Fire Can't Melt Steel?

RJ
05-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Do we have another link for that from a site with less Fire Can't Melt Steel?

Not that I can find from a quick search.

Judge Napolitano on Fox casually referred to this story of Kremlin emails yesterday in an interview. I did a double take after I heard it; being as if Putin had actually copied off the contents of Hillary!'s server, it would belie the argument that nothing was, you know, wink, really exposed.

More interesting was the speculation She was going to be interviewed by the FBI this coming week. Seems to me if they've talked to the lesser players, and are at this point, one could see them wrapping it up and Director Comey making his recommendation to the President sometime in the next couple months (or, at least, before the election.)

Speaking for myself, I do think we deserve an explanation of whatever the outcome of the FBI's work from the President before voting in November. However, as I've said, I think it will be more "nothing for you Peasants to see, move along."

Tamara
05-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Well, there's the story of the Romanian hacker that's going on FOX News, Breitbart, PJ Media, et al, as well as the Bernie-er parts of HuffPo...

But that's all the recent news my googling turned up. The only reference to the Kremlin I've found so far has been on that chemtrails site.

Chance
05-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Speaking for myself, I do think we deserve an explanation of whatever the outcome of the FBI's work from the President before voting in November. However, as I've said, I think it will be more "nothing for you Peasants to see, move along."

At this point, I'm convinced it doesn't matter. Trump's gaffe-proof popularity has left this election cycle with voters sticking their fingers in their ears and going, "LA LA LA LA LA LA."

RoyGBiv
05-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Postulated back in Feb.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2016/02/12/vladimir-putin-hillary-clinton-emails/

Napolitano last night: Jump to 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oounggTI-jk

No hard facts yet... Just more folks on the innuendo bandwagon so far..

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/does-the-kremlin-have-hillary-clintons-emails/

Glenn E. Meyer
05-10-2016, 09:25 AM
There's going to be no indictment of anyone during the campaign season. Judge Napol. just likes to get on TV and spout his views to that audience. It's coming any moment, wait for it, wait for it, snooze.

Robinson
05-10-2016, 09:29 AM
The only reference to the Kremlin I've found so far has been on that chemtrails site.

Is Russia Today state-operated/controlled?

Chance
05-10-2016, 10:11 AM

"Government funded" officially, but unofficially controlled.

RJ
05-10-2016, 11:47 AM
There's going to be no indictment of anyone during the campaign season. Judge Napol. just likes to get on TV and spout his views to that audience. It's coming any moment, wait for it, wait for it, snooze.

I agree, no indictment.

But given its Washington, it's quite possible for the FBI report to generate a confidential Presidential Finding that is less than favorable. Her! staff would get thrown under the bus, of course.

I'd not be surprised if we get leaks about what 'really' is in the report from the FBI. My sincere hope is that it generates enough negative reaction for her! to lose the general. But I'm an optimist.

RoyGBiv
05-10-2016, 02:06 PM
There's no way to keep 100% of 150 FBI agents from leaking if an indictment is not handed up.

Gray222
05-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Of course.

Josh Runkle
05-10-2016, 02:58 PM
There's no way to keep 100% of 150 FBI agents from leaking if an indictment is not handed up.

I dunno. I'd be afraid of Hilary getting elected and then spending the rest of my life aboard a ship that never touches land, or in a basement in Poland or something.

RJ
05-10-2016, 03:18 PM

I am sorry, I meant a leak would come 'from Washington', not from one of the FBI agents on the case. I hold our LEOs in pretty high regard, and I'd be very surprised if a leak came from a Federal Agent.

Having spent my career around, uh, government contracts, it always amazed me to hear stories of how callous sensitive information was treated on The Hill and within the Administration by staffers who simply used it for personal career advancement.

Robinson
05-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Of course.

I should have used the <rhetoric> tag. :)

NEPAKevin
05-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Probably just wishful thinking, but over last weekend when I was catching up on watching recorded shows, a commentator mentioned how in the past, when asked about the email scandal, Obama and his minions would always respond with some variation of "nothing to see here, all is well" but now Obama is not answering any questions instead saying that he cannot comment on an ongoing investigation. Might just be lawyer speak, but if I had a Jobu doll, I would be giving him some of the good Rum.

Dagga Boy
05-10-2016, 05:00 PM
I am sure the political appointee IT specialist never sent an email in three years. Makes total sense. We all know IT folks don't use technology. I am sure there is a box at State somewhere with three years worth of his hand written memo's and notes and letters and of course his purchase of a lot of stamps and Bic pens for his correspondence.

NEPAKevin
05-11-2016, 12:59 PM
My understanding is that the FBI has an electronic trail of emails from IT dude to HRC that were CCed to other recipients proving that they were wiped from the server. I think Huma Abedin will have to fall on her scimitar on this one. She has a great excuse as she can claim that she was deleting her husband's (Anthony Weiner) dick-pics and got a little carried away.

RoyGBiv
05-11-2016, 01:06 PM
From the news last night.... They cannot find his .pst file. If you're not familiar, a pst file is the Microsoft Outlook file that contains the entirety of your email database. All mail, folders, sent mail, etc. The file can be huge. Gigabytes. Unfortunately, all you need to delete is one file to make everything disappear if you don't have proper backups.

farscott
05-11-2016, 02:27 PM
The interesting question is what IT guy does not have backups. I use a different .pst file for every calendar year as each file is somewhere between 6GB and 10GB, and the files are archived/backed on both local and network drives. I would have to suffer three separate system (physically separate) failures within a very narrow time window to lose my .pst files.

Every IT professional I know is rigorous and diligently archiving and backing up data. So a missing .pst file does not pass my personal sniff test.

RJ
05-11-2016, 02:37 PM
With Biden appearing suddenly on the news scene today, and the flurry of 'reports' about hackers, and now this awkward 'I dunno where that file is' from the IT guy, does anyone else think the Administration has fore knowledge of the coming report from Director Comey implicating her! in a campaign-busting scandal of biblical proportions?

Or am I just being hopeful? :cool:

RoyGBiv
05-11-2016, 02:50 PM
The interesting question is what IT guy does not have backups. I use a different .pst file for every calendar year as each file is somewhere between 6GB and 10GB, and the files are archived/backed on both local and network drives. I would have to suffer three separate system (physically separate) failures within a very narrow time window to lose my .pst files.

Every IT professional I know is rigorous and diligently archiving and backing up data. So a missing .pst file does not pass my personal sniff test.
Answer: An IT guy that works in a secure environment and is not allowed to make his own backups.

RoyGBiv
05-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Comey rebuffs Clinton claim FBI only conducting ‘security inquiry’ on emails (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/11/comey-rebuffs-clinton-claim-fbi-only-conducting-security-inquiry-on-emails.html)

At the 0"57 mark, Comey is quoted replying to others that hold security clearances that claim they'd already be in prison if they did what Hil! has done.
"no special set of rules for anyone who is under FBI investigation."

Mitchell, Esq.
05-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Comey rebuffs Clinton claim FBI only conducting ‘security inquiry’ on emails (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/11/comey-rebuffs-clinton-claim-fbi-only-conducting-security-inquiry-on-emails.html)

At the 0"57 mark, Comey is quoted replying to others that hold security clearances that claim they'd already be in prison if they did what Hil! has done.
"no special set of rules for anyone who is under FBI investigation."

So, she's got her own set of special rules?

okie john
05-11-2016, 03:51 PM
So, she's got her own set of special rules?

It would certainly seem that until now, yes. But those days may be coming to an end.

Okie John

NEPAKevin
05-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Clinton aide Cheryl Mills leaves FBI interview briefly after being asked about emails. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-aide-leaves-interview-once-the-fbi-broaches-an-off-limits-topic/2016/05/10/cce5e0e8-161c-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_clintonaide-255pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory)

farscott
05-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Answer: An IT guy that works in a secure environment and is not allowed to make his own backups.

Nope, I worked in a secure environment, and the systems were backed up by the appropriate IT team members, including the systems that were not connected to the Internet. Those latter systems, of course, had no email.

RoyGBiv
05-12-2016, 07:13 AM
http://reason.com/archives/2016/05/12/hillary-clintons-perfect-storm

While all of this has been going on, intelligence community sources have reported about a below-the-radar, yet largely-known debate in the Kremlin between the Russian Foreign Ministry and the Russian Intelligence Services. They are trying to come to a meeting of the minds to determine whether the Russian government should release some 20,000 of Mrs. Clinton's emails that it obtained either by hacking her directly or by hacking into the email of her confidante, Sid Blumenthal.

Gray222
05-12-2016, 07:21 AM

https://m.popkey.co/f63f8a/R5qVG_f-maxage-0.gif

Chance
05-12-2016, 09:12 AM

I couldn't imagine the guy not making backups. Not only does that violate every reasonable procedure I'm aware of, but are you going to be the one to tell that she beast you lost her email? I wouldn't want to be in the same county when she got that news.

littlejerry
05-12-2016, 04:57 PM

If true, that is... Terrifying. Blackmail much?

But hey, it's Her! turn

NEPAKevin
05-18-2016, 12:54 PM
The 3 New Shocking Revelations From Hillary Clinton's Emails (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOice4hNL0s)

RoyGBiv
05-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Romanian hacker who says he breached Clinton server finalizing plea deal (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/23/romanian-hacker-who-says-breached-clinton-server-finalizing-plea-deal.html)

But an intelligence source familiar with the FBI probe said if Guccifer pleads guilty to compromising Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal’s AOL account – which is one of the nine charges – it will show that Clinton’s use of a personal server put sensitive information outside secure government channels and made it accessible to foreign hackers.

“[Clinton’s] gross negligence allowed this material to get out to an adversary,” the source said. “Through her communications with Blumenthal, [Clinton] contributed exposure and risk.”
Interesting that the "intelligence source" refers to it a "gross negligence".
If that source is inside the FBI investigation......

RJ
05-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Romanian hacker who says he breached Clinton server finalizing plea deal (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/23/romanian-hacker-who-says-breached-clinton-server-finalizing-plea-deal.html)

Interesting that the "intelligence source" refers to it a "gross negligence".
If that source is inside the FBI investigation......

I'm sure one of her Staffers will be made to account for his or her gross negligence. Tsk tsk.

Drang
05-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Romanian hacker who says he breached Clinton server finalizing plea deal (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/23/romanian-hacker-who-says-breached-clinton-server-finalizing-plea-deal.html).
A la Vince Foster?

RJ
05-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Let's say Director Comey reports on his investigation to the President that in his official capacity, Hillary! should be indicted.

It being Washington, what are the first signs of the leaks signifying the rats leaving the SS Hillary!?

Biden making concilatory speeches?

Bernie attempting to unite the Democratic Party?

Super delegates being interviewed on MS NBC indicating they will be "reviewing their selections" at the convention?

Drang
05-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Let's say Director Comey reports on his investigation to the President that in his official capacity, Hillary! should be indicted.

It being Washington, what are the first signs of the leaks signifying the rats leaving the SS Hillary!?

Super delegates being interviewed on MS NBC indicating they will be "reviewing their selections" at the convention?

Director Comey "committing suicide" in the park?

FNFAN
05-23-2016, 09:55 PM
Director Comey "committing suicide" in the park?

He should stay out of parks and for goodness sake don't fly! Also, stay out of Starbucks, away from railroad tracks (especially if your head is already caved in) and be aware of any sudden impulse to suicide by shooting yourself in the back of the head.......

farscott
05-24-2016, 03:49 AM

Probably this: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/al-gore-no-endorsement-democrat/

"Has either Democrat sought your endorsement yet?" NBC's Anne Thompson asked.

"I've gotten signals that you can interpret that way," Gore said, but did not expand on who had reached out to him or his preference this primary, in the clip aired on NBC.

Thompson added at the end of her report that Gore "has been lifelong Democrat" and planned to back the Democratic nominee.

Gore's withholding of his endorsement comes as many Democratic leaders fret about unifying the party, with the fractious primary contest between Sanders and Clinton extending into the summer while likely GOP nominee Donald Trump works to consolidate Republican support.

The 2000 Democratic presidential nominee also criticized the tone of the 2016 race, saying, "I'm one of millions who sometimes just -- I do a double take. 'Whoa, what was that?'"

"It's been unusual," he added.

Drang
05-24-2016, 10:32 AM
He should stay out of parks and for goodness sake don't fly! Also, stay out of Starbucks, away from railroad tracks (especially if your head is already caved in) and be aware of any sudden impulse to suicide by shooting yourself in the back of the head.......

It occurs to me that, having made not one but two Vince Foster comments in lone day, I should, too...:cool:

Jeep
05-24-2016, 12:41 PM
It occurs to me that, having made not one but two Vince Foster comments in lone day, I should, too...:cool:

Yes. Definitely stay away from Fort Marcy Park. It's a very special spot where the laws of physics no longer apply, and it is easy to get suicided there.

farscott
05-24-2016, 12:53 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/clinton-email-probe-winding-down-142039462.html

Legal experts have said it appears unlikely Clinton would be charged with committing a crime. The relatively few U.S. laws that govern the handling of classified materials were generally written to cover spies and leakers. Lawyers who specialize in national security say it would be a stretch to apply these statutes to a former cabinet secretary whose communication of sensitive materials was with aides — not a national enemy.

The Justice Department also does not appear to have convened a grand jury to examine Clinton's email use, a likely step if prosecutors were weighing felony criminal charges.

Lansing Woo, a retired FBI official who supervised counterintelligence investigations in the Los Angeles field office, said the recent interviews of Clinton's aides appear to follow standard procedure.

"You start at the periphery of the circle," Woo said. By the time investigators move from far-removed witnesses to the person they most want to speak with, "they're already going to know what's what, who's who, who did what, and they're going to then ask the questions around that," he said.

But Deitch, now in private practice, stressed that just because investigators may seek to interview Clinton does not necessarily mean she is in legal jeopardy.

"As a defense attorney, I have had many cases where targets of an investigation were interviewed and no indictment was ever forthcoming," Deitch said. "It's just part of the process."

That is totally in opposition to my experience with classified data. I have seen colleagues lose clearances and jobs just for mailing another colleague with a clearance information that the receiver was not cleared to possess. Essentially that is what General McChrystal did -- with the additional issue of having a personal relationship with someone of junior rank. Moving classified information on systems not cleared to handle it is a federal felony.

pr1042
05-24-2016, 01:29 PM
I have no doubt that I would have been already wrapped up and serving my sentence if I was handling classified information in the same manner

RJ
05-24-2016, 11:05 PM
I have seen colleagues lose clearances and jobs just for mailing another colleague with a clearance information that the receiver was not cleared to possess.

That is my experience also.

It simply...boggles my mind that she is probably going to get away with this.

RoyGBiv
05-25-2016, 10:40 AM
State Department audit faults Clinton on emails, says she broke records rules (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/25/state-department-audit-faults-clinton-on-emails-says-broke-records-rules.html)

They say.....

"Secretary Clinton should have preserved any Federal records she created and received on her personal account by printing and filing those records with the related files in the Office of the Secretary ... at a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department business before leaving government service and, because she did not do so, she did not comply with the Department's policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

And I hear....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgw_RD_1_5I

Gray222
05-25-2016, 11:44 AM
State Department audit faults Clinton on emails, says she broke records rules (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/25/state-department-audit-faults-clinton-on-emails-says-broke-records-rules.html)

They say.....

And I hear....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgw_RD_1_5I

*Nelson *

"Ha ha!"

okie john
05-25-2016, 12:17 PM
I hope that this is the first nail in her coffin and not a manuever to soften the blow that eventually comes from the FBI report.

Okie John

farscott
05-25-2016, 12:47 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us/politics/state-department-hillary-clinton-emails.html

The review “found no evidence” that Mrs. Clinton had requested or received approval from anyone at the department to conduct her state business on a personal email.

It said that she “had an obligation” to do so, given the well-known security risks involved in using a personal account. And it also said that department officials “did not — and would not — approve her exclusive reliance on a personal email account to conduct Department business.”

It also added new detail about Mrs. Clinton’s motivation for using the private server, which she has said was set up for convenience. In November 2010, her deputy chief of staff for operations prodded her about “putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam.” Mrs. Clinton, however, replied that she would consider a separate address or device “but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.”

The report, as well as an F.B.I. investigation and other legal challenges seeking information about her use of the server, is certain to keep alive a controversy that has shadowed Mrs. Clinton’s campaign for the presidency. The events have all come to a climax just as she is close to defeating Senator Bernie Sanders for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Mrs. Clinton and her aides have played down the inquiries, saying that she would cooperate with investigators to put the email issue behind her. Even so, through her lawyers, she declined to be interviewed by the State Department’s inspector general as part of his review. So did several of her senior aides.

Mrs. Clinton’s campaign spokesman, Brian Fallon, issued a statement emphasizing the findings that the problems with record keeping extended beyond Mrs. Clinton’s tenure.

“Contrary to the false theories advanced for some time now, the report notes that her use of personal email was known to officials within the Department during her tenure, and that there is no evidence of any successful breach of the Secretary’s server,” Mr. Fallon said in the statement.

The report broadly criticized the State Department as well, saying that officials had been “slow to recognize and to manage effectively the legal requirements and cybersecurity risks” that emerged in the era of emails, particularly those of senior officials like Mrs. Clinton.

It said that “longstanding systemic weaknesses” in handling electronic records went “well beyond the tenure of any one secretary of state” but the body of the report focused on the 30,000 emails that Mrs. Clinton sent and received on her private server.

The State Department issued numerous warnings dating back a decade about the cyber-security risks of using personal emails accounts for government business, the report said, and Mrs. Clinton was personally sent a memo in 2011 warnings of hackers trying to target unclassified, personal email accounts. She was also given a classified, in-person briefing on the dangers, the report said.

The report found that while dozens of State Department employees used personal email accounts periodically over the years, only three officials were found to have used it “exclusively” for day-to-day operations: Mrs. Clinton; Colin Powell, the secretary of state under President George W. Bush; and Scott Gration, the ambassador to Kenya from 2011 to 2012.

The review “found no evidence” that Mrs. Clinton had requested or received approval from anyone at the department to conduct her State Department business on a personal email. But it said that she “had an obligation” to do so, given the well-known security risks involved in using a personal account. And it also said that department officials “did not — and would not — approve her exclusive reliance on a personal email account to conduct Department business.”

But while State Department officials never directly told Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Powell that they needed to end their use of personal email, the report found, they did do so with Mr. Gration, a lower-level diplomat who did not have their political clout.

The response to Mr. Gration’s situation “demonstrates how such usage is normally handed when Department cybersecurity officials become aware of it,” the report said.

State Department security officials warned Mr. Gration in 2011 that he was not authorized to be using personal email for government business in Kenya. He continued doing so anyway, however, and the State Department initiated disciplinary action against him over “his failure to follow these directions” and several other undisclosed infactions, the report said. He resigned in 2012 before any discipline was imposed.

The report did not delve deeply into the issue that has become the focus of the F.B.I.’s investigation — the references in dozens of emails to classified information, including 22 emails that the Central Intelligence Agency considered “top secret.”

But it called into question the security risk of using a private server for what were clearly sensitive discussions of the nation’s foreign policy. It noted that Mrs. Clinton sent or received most of the emails that traversed her server from a mobile device, her BlackBerry.

The best part is the records showing Secretary Clinton received both a memo and a classified briefing on the dangers of using personal accounts -- and continued to do so. That shows she was made aware of the issue and can be construed as more than just negligence.

This one is worse. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-email-inspector-general-report-223553#ixzz49gtuiobQ

The report details security concerns about the private email server, including some fears that the server was vulnerable to hackers. According to the report an unnamed non-State adviser to Bill Clinton, who was the original user of the server later taken over by Hillary Clinton, shut down the server in early 2011 because of hacking concerns. He reached out to Huma Abedin to notify them of the hacking problem, an occurrence that happened twice that day.

“On January 9, 2011, the non-Departmental advisor to President Clinton who provided technical support to the Clinton email system notified the Secretary’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations that he had to shut down the server because he believed ‘someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in i didnt [sic] want to let them have the chance to,’” the report says. “Later that day, the advisor again wrote to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, ‘We were attacked again so I shut [the server] down for a few min.’”

That matter should have been reported, the report says, but was not.

“Notification is required when a user suspects compromise of, among other things, a personally owned device containing personally identifiable information,” it says. “However, OIG found no evidence that the Secretary or her staff reported these incidents to computer security personnel or anyone else within the Department.”

Mitchell, Esq.
05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
See. Everything is fine. Hillary broke no laws. All is well!

(Did that come across sincere?)

RoyGBiv
05-25-2016, 01:31 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-08-02-1438530796-1482577-JoeBiden.jpg

StraitR
05-25-2016, 02:05 PM
All the unresolved past political baggage ducks are lining up for her likely nomination clinch on June 7th.

It just so happens that 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi DVD will be released on June 7th, a date published within the last 30 days, the irony of which is not lost on me.

This is just starting to get good.

RoyGBiv
05-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Hacker who claims he breached Clinton server pleads guilty, strikes deal with feds (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/25/hacker-who-claims-breached-clinton-server-pleads-guilty-strikes-deal-with-feds.html)

As outlined in the plea agreement which Fox News has reviewed, Lazar has agreed to extensive cooperation with the U.S. government. According to the court filing, Lazar has agreed to be "reasonably available for debriefing and pre-trial conferences as the U.S. may require."

The document states: “The defendant agrees to testify truthfully and completely at any grand juries, trials or other proceedings.”

Additionally, Lazar has agreed to provide all documents, writings, and recordings within his custody to the U.S. government that may be relevant to investigations or inquiries.

He appeared in court wearing a green jumpsuit, and was soft-spoken during the 35-minute proceeding.

He was asked repeatedly if he understood the terms, and he affirmed, “Yes I do.”

While government officials who would not speak on the record admit he’s an accomplished hacker, they also cast doubt on claims he breached the server. Still, Guccifer told Fox News specific details of the server's configuration and its apparent lack of security. He said he copied some files and posted them to his "Guccifer Archive" online. This is the kind of information the FBI could verify by examining the server or questioning Clinton IT specialist Bryan Pagliano, who has struck an immunity deal with the Justice Department.

An intelligence source told Fox News at the time of his extradition from Romania in late March -- which was usual because his prison term there was not complete and no major financial fraud was alleged against U.S. victims -- that it was not a "coincidence" and was connected to the FBI email probe.

Dagga Boy
05-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Breaking news...Lazar commits suicide in custody. Weirdly, cameras malfunctioned as well as back up tapes. It's coming...

TAZ
05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Breaking news...Lazar commits suicide in custody. Weirdly, cameras malfunctioned as well as back up tapes. It's coming...

No joke. The dude is dead as a doornail.

RoyGBiv
05-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Loved seeing this on the news this AM....

http://i.imgur.com/8eTJ6rR.jpg

okie john
05-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Interesting observations on the State Department report here: http://observer.com/2016/05/game-over-emailgate-just-crippled-the-clinton-express/

I've largely gotten away from drinking alcohol in the last couple of years, but I think that I'll invest in a bottle of fine brown whiskey for the day the FBI publishes their report.

No, make that a bottle of VERY fine brown whiskey.

Okie John

gringop
05-27-2016, 01:42 AM
Interesting observations on the State Department report here: http://observer.com/2016/05/game-over-emailgate-just-crippled-the-clinton-express/

I've largely gotten away from drinking alcohol in the last couple of years, but I think that I'll invest in a bottle of fine brown whiskey for the day the FBI publishes their report.

No, make that a bottle of VERY fine brown whiskey.

Okie John

That leaves plenty of Old Crow for Hillery.

Gringop

Totem Polar
05-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Have we done this one yet? This clip/newscast was shared by a BLM activist, for Judas' sake; That's a little bit like Wayne LaPierre shouting down Ted Nugent at a rally.

Watch the clip (morning joe, from MSNBC) at the bottom. It is 10 damning minutes that will make many of the grinch-like 2A hearts here grow two sizes, likely. :D

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/27/black-lives-matter-activist-shaun-king-says-this-video-is-most-devastating-10-minutes-on-hillary-clinton-you-will-ever-see/

MGW
05-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Have we done this one yet? This clip/newscast was shared by a BLM activist, for Judas' sake; That's a little bit like Wayne LaPierre shouting down Ted Nugent at a rally.

Watch the clip (morning joe, from MSNBC) at the bottom. It is 10 damning minutes that will make many of the grinch-like 2A hearts here grow two sizes, likely. :D

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/27/black-lives-matter-activist-shaun-king-says-this-video-is-most-devastating-10-minutes-on-hillary-clinton-you-will-ever-see/

They all look like they're ready to jump off a bridge.

RJ
05-27-2016, 11:10 PM

Woah. MSNBC? Holy cow.

Totem Polar
05-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Woah. MSNBC? Holy cow.

Right?

okie john
05-28-2016, 01:11 AM
Woah. MSNBC? Holy cow.

Wow.

But I'm still saving that bottle for the FBI's report.

Okie John

Wendell
05-28-2016, 08:08 PM
I'd given up on MSNBC, thinking the network was incapable of objectivity, but check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJE0U8Qby4

Matt O
05-28-2016, 09:04 PM
I'd given up on MSNBC, thinking the network was incapable of objectivity, but check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJE0U8Qby4

Wow...if NBC discusses this at length and basically calls Hillary a liar on air, on record. Is this officially the beginning of the end for HRC?

Drang
05-29-2016, 01:27 AM
The Democratic National Committee is still a wholly owned subsidiary of the Clinton Foundation.

Gray222
05-29-2016, 07:02 AM
I really want to see this be the nail in the coffin for her but the fact liberals are intellectually deficient doesn't give me confidence .

okie john
05-29-2016, 07:47 AM
I really want to see this be the nail in the coffin for her but the fact liberals are intellectually deficient doesn't give me confidence .

Agreed, but right now this is about super delegates, who include

438 DNC members, including the chairs and vice-chairs of each state's Democratic Party
20 current and former presidents and vice-presidents, former congressional leaders, and former DNC chairs
193 Democrats from the House of Representatives
47 Democrats from the Senate
21 Democrat governors

Their intellectual deficiencies don't matter. What matters is that the thought of losing the White House to Donald Trump makes them foam at the mouth. Losing to any Republican would be bad enough, but a Trump victory would clearly show that the American people reject everything they represent, erase a lot of the momentum that the party picked up from Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama, and put this country squarely on a very different track.

Their pride can't stand that.

Fortunately, while some of them may have verbally committed to Mrs. Clinton, none are required to vote for her at the convention. That's why Senator Sanders has gutted it out for so long: so he can claim to represent the will of the voters in case the FBI report torpedoes her campaign. The Democratic super delegates really haven't responded to the State Department report in public, but you can bet the farm that they're running the numbers behind closed doors. If the FBI comes through for us, then they'll support anyone they think can beat Donald Trump, whether that's Senator Sanders, Colonel Sanders, or a one-legged leper.

Okie John

Gray222
05-29-2016, 08:53 AM

438 DNC members, including the chairs and vice-chairs of each state's Democratic Party
20 current and former presidents and vice-presidents, former congressional leaders, and former DNC chairs
21 Democrat governors

Their intellectual deficiencies don't matter. What matters is that the thought of losing the White House to Donald Trump makes them foam at the mouth. Losing to any Republican would be bad enough, but a Trump victory would clearly show that the American people reject everything they represent, erase a lot of the momentum that the party picked up from Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama, and put this country squarely on a very different track.

Fortunately, while some of them may have verbally committed to Mrs. Clinton, none are required to vote for her at the convention. That's why Senator Sanders has gutted it out for so long: so he can claim to represent the will of the voters in case the FBI report torpedoes her campaign. The Democratic super delegates really haven't responded to the State Department report in public, but you can bet the farm that they're running the numbers behind closed doors. If the FBI comes through for us, then they'll support anyone they think can beat Donald Trump, whether that's Senator Sanders, Colonel Sanders, or a one-legged leper.

Okie John

I really hope that Sanders decides "fuck it" and runs third party as he has enough support and those democrats that would vote him will hopefully not vote for her.

MGW
05-29-2016, 09:50 AM

21 Democrat governors

Okie John

I think the FBI will come through on this. The question is will the AG come through?

The AG's office will run there own "investigation" when the FBI is finished. No way that investigation even comes close to being done before the elections.

What's the over under on the body count before this is all finished?

RJ
05-29-2016, 03:46 PM
I think the FBI will come through on this. The question is will the AG come through?

The AG's office will run there own "investigation" when the FBI is finished. No way that investigation even comes close to being done before the elections.

Zip.

The FBI report will be ignored by the AG because they have the spin machine warming up.

Already we are seeing Hillary! admit to it being 'a mistake'. She! will beat that drum to the convention, Bernie and her will sing Kumbaya, and they will sway in unison to the tune of 'Hear Me Roar' sung by Katy Perry.

okie john
05-29-2016, 07:02 PM
Zip.

The FBI report will be ignored by the AG because they have the spin machine warming up.

Already we are seeing Hillary! admit to it being 'a mistake'. She! will beat that drum to the convention, Bernie and her will sing Kumbaya, and they will sway in unison to the tune of 'Hear Me Roar' sung by Katy Perry.

The issue is perception, not reality, so it doesn't need to go to the AG. If the FBI report creates the perception that the problem is only an unsecured email server, then Mrs. Clinton might be able to fight off the challenge. If it creates the perception that people died because the server was hacked, then the perception of her ability to beat Trump could erode enough to make the super delegates nominate Senator Sanders. And if it creates the perception that money flowed to the Clinton Foundation in a quid pro quo arrangement between the Panama Papers crowd and a sitting Secretary of State, even better.

Okie John

Jeep
05-29-2016, 07:29 PM

Lynch won't be able to approve an indictment without Obama's ok. So the question is what Obama (or Jarrett) thinks is best for his legacy.

Dagga Boy
05-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Lynch won't be able to approve an indictment without Obama's ok. So the question is what Obama (or Jarrett) thinks is best for his legacy.

Truthfully....Biden, which is why I am predicting the October surprise of a Biden air drop. Keep in mind, there are a bunch of stains on Obama's legacy, and a bunch have Hilary's fingerprints all over them. If the Nobel Peace Prize winner okay' an indictment and then immediately issues some pardon or other executive action he pushes all the bad on Rogue Hilary for the old greedy liberal wing of the party, and Saintifies himself for the current Socialist leaning part of the party of which he is a true believer.

RJ
05-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Truthfully....Biden, which is why I am predicting the October surprise of a Biden air drop. Keep in mind, there are a bunch of stains on Obama's legacy, and a bunch have Hilary's fingerprints all over them. If the Nobel Peace Prize winner okay' an indictment and then immediately issues some pardon or other executive action he pushes all the bad on Rogue Hilary for the old greedy liberal wing of the party, and Saintifies himself for the current Socialist leaning part of the party of which he is a true believer.

Gahdayum. Long ball to Biden in the end zone? Gahdayum.

And you were just a supply clerk? Impressive. :cool:

ken grant
05-29-2016, 09:13 PM

Hilliary demands Trump release tax info

RoyGBiv
05-30-2016, 08:15 PM
Former State Dept. watchdog debunks central Clinton email claim

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/30/former-state-dept-watchdog-debunks-central-clinton-email-claim.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Drang
05-30-2016, 09:26 PM
Former State Dept. watchdog debunks central Clinton email claim

This is my shocked face.

Oh, wait, no it isn't.

farscott
05-31-2016, 04:05 AM
The way this is shaping up we are going to see why the founders added the Electoral College to the process of choosing the President. Once the FBI report gets out into the wild, there is going to be lots of pressure for something to be done to Secretary Clinton, and with a Republican-controlled Congress that report will get into the public domain.

StrikerFire
05-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Hillary ugh...

RoyGBiv
05-31-2016, 09:43 AM
^^^ That last one is a bit unsettling...

http://17663-presscdn-0-49.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/hillary-clinton-12345678-.jpg

Drang
05-31-2016, 10:45 AM
Hillary ugh...

I am so stealing that...

NEPAKevin
05-31-2016, 11:21 AM
I really hope that Sanders decides "fuck it" and runs third party as he has enough support and those democrats that would vote him will hopefully not vote for her.

Speaking of Bernie...

Secret Service jump on stage at Bernie Sanders rally amid commotion (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/politics/secret-service-bernie-sander-protesters/)

I was thinking it was paid goons like the Trump protesters, but an animal rights group is claiming responsibility.

TAZ
05-31-2016, 03:08 PM
Speaking of Bernie...

Secret Service jump on stage at Bernie Sanders rally amid commotion (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/politics/secret-service-bernie-sander-protesters/)

I was thinking it was paid goons like the Trump protesters, but an animal rights group is claiming responsibility.

Doesn't preclude them from being paid goons.

RJ
06-01-2016, 02:16 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-might-not-be-the-nominee-1464733898

Good piece. Found in a friend's news feed.

Tl;dr: If Bernie wins CA, DNC super delegates might be forced to vote for winner in their state, if Bernie gets his rule change approved before the Convention.

Plus: email.

The wrap up:

"...Finally, with Mrs. Clinton’s negative rating nearly as high as Donald Trump’s, and with voters not trusting her by a ratio of 4 to 1, Democrats face an unnerving possibility. Only a month or two ago, they were relishing the prospect of a chaotic Republican convention, with a floor fight and antiestablishment rebellion in the air. Now the messy, disastrous convention could be their own...

littlejerry
06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/30/exclusive-huffington-post-writer-editors-deleted-my-article-on-hillarys-imminent-indictment-disabled-me-from-writing/

Hmmm...