PDA

View Full Version : Dead man found in LA had Over 1200 guns, claimed to be Secret Agent

Cincinnatus
07-23-2015, 01:35 PM
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mystery-man-found-decomposing-in-car-had-more-than-1200-guns-cash-underwater-car/

This guy told his girlfriend he was a secret agent, had over $5 mil. Worth of guns and ammo, an SUV that could drive underwater... Was this Archer?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/7/10/1373464392141/archer-008.jpg

GJM
07-23-2015, 01:45 PM
In Alaska, we would say a 1,200 gun collection shows promise.

Drang
07-23-2015, 04:11 PM
For once, I don't disagree when a "news" source refers to someone's "arsenal".

Also: Jeffrey Alan Lash was 'a human-alien hybrid secret agent' fiancee Catherine Nebron claims | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3172296/It-s-worse-Twilight-Zone-movie-Decomposing-body-car-hidden-5M-gun-arsenal-missing-mother-two-believed-dead-man-alien-secret-agent-sent-save-human-race.html)

Erik
07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
I would like to see pictures of this Toyota SUV modified to drive underwater.

Sensei
07-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Apparently he had convinced his fiancée and her female employee that he was a half-alien hybrid sent to save humanity. And I though that my pick-up lines were good...

SecondsCount
07-23-2015, 04:27 PM
In Alaska, we would say a 1,200 gun collection shows promise.

In Utah we say it is a good start. :)

NEPAKevin
07-23-2015, 04:30 PM
I would like to see pictures of this Toyota SUV modified to drive underwater.

Might be a Land Cruiser which IIRC could be fitted with a snorkel, etc. for fording deep water.

http://youtu.be/EvDXR9RXCCY

Erik
07-23-2015, 04:49 PM
I thought about that but I am an optimist. I want to believe. A true underwater SUV is out there.

SLG
07-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Apparently he had convinced his fiancée and her female employee that he was a half-alien hybrid sent to save humanity. And I though that my pick-up lines were good...

Maybe you wouldn't want to date the kind of girl that would take that pick up line...

JAD
07-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Apparently he had convinced his fiancée and her female employee that he was a half-alien hybrid ...

Which half?

PPGMD
07-23-2015, 06:03 PM
The guy is a little weird, but how the police are treating his gun collection is disgraceful.

Skeeter
07-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Predicting that the GF who believed the alien secret agent story is also his money source...

LHS
07-23-2015, 06:52 PM
The guy is a little weird, but how the police are treating his gun collection is disgraceful.

Agreed. Just stacking them on top of each other like cordwood

45dotACP
07-23-2015, 11:22 PM
6.5 tons of ammo? Shit so that's where all the .22 lr went...

Peally
07-24-2015, 08:36 AM
It pleases me that someone had this many guns in the hellhole of rights that is LA. Even better that he was an extra terrestrial special agent.

Kyle Reese
07-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Maybe he's from the planet Remulak?

RevolverRob
07-24-2015, 08:49 AM
If he were a half-alien hybrid - why wouldn't he use the more advanced weapons technology from his alien planet? I mean they had the technology to get an alien here to breed with a human female (I am assuming that his father is the alien half, because his mother reported him missing and appears to be a normal human being)...They gotta have phasers, blasters, and ray guns. Or at least...I dunno light sabers or something.

I'm telling you this straight up if all other planets have are cartridge fed, gas propelled, lead bullets? Then we aren't doing too bad.

Peally
07-24-2015, 08:51 AM
He's a secret agent, he needs to keep a low profile. Don't be silly.

Paul
07-24-2015, 10:34 AM

How did you know that they didn't find them like that? Not saying it's the case, but lots of hoarder types don't take care of a lot of nice things.

Dead guy get the last laugh, though. That is an epic mountain of paperwork. The logistics of taking that number of firearms and ammunition into custody can debilitating even to a large agency. Something like this can tie up 10 or more officers for a week, and create a huge waiting line and backlog at a property room.

GRV
07-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Classic news mixup. He must have been a member of NASA's Extraterrestrial Environment Special Forces.

NEPAKevin
07-24-2015, 11:26 AM
I thought about that but I am an optimist. I want to believe. A true underwater SUV is out there.

Something like the Lotus Esprit Roger Moore drove in the Spy who Loved Me but with third row seating and all wheel impellers? :D

Erik
07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Something like the Lotus Esprit Roger Moore drove in the Spy who Loved Me but with third row seating and all wheel impellers? :D

I would so buy that.

Kingsfield
06-23-2016, 07:10 PM
So the heirs want the arms destroyed:

http://abc7.com/1395843/

Josh Runkle
06-23-2016, 07:30 PM

Why not compromise and actually donate it all to the CIA. He wanted to be a part so badly, they want nothing to do with it. At least get a tax refund and save the US a little debt.

Mitch
06-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Say what you will about the guy but $250,00 in cash, $5 million worth of guns, 6.5 tons of ammo, a house, and a bunch of cars?

In the words of Chief Art from Justified, "we're going to have to acknowledge how awesome he was. That's some badass shit."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie john
06-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Say what you will about the guy but $250,00 in cash, $5 million worth of guns, 6.5 tons of ammo, a house, and a bunch of cars?

It's a good start.

Okie John

Luke
06-23-2016, 10:21 PM
What's crazy is my dad is from outer space and I too am a hybrid alien, wonder if we are cousins or somethin?

HCM
06-23-2016, 10:51 PM

This is sad on many levels.

Paul D
06-23-2016, 11:49 PM
$5 million dollars worth guns and gear (especially in California) is a whole a lot of money. Imagine that: 1500 (presumably CA legal) guns on the California market...they will sell. Those guns are not getting destroyed without a fight.

GardoneVT
06-24-2016, 08:29 AM
$5 million dollars worth guns and gear (especially in California) is a whole a lot of money. Imagine that: 1500 (presumably CA legal) guns on the California market...they will sell. Those guns are not getting destroyed without a fight.

While I don't share the heirs' political viewpoint, on a practical level I see the point of scrapping the lot.

As a gun guy id take the highest value picks off the top and let the Sheriff melt down the rest. The logistical and legal expenses involved with liquidating $1.5 million dollars worth of weapons in one of the harshest regulatory environment states in America would be too much of a PITA, frankly. The LEGR forms alone would be an inch thick , and at $20.00 initially plus $3.00 per weapon in transfer fees , so would the cash needed to pay for the processing charges.

Let's not forget the legal consultation , since CA has some of the most stringent and self contradictory gun laws in the country. It's real easy for Joe Citizen to jam himself up if he's not careful, and 1.5 million dollars of hardware is plenty of chances to accidentally break some arcane gun law.

Then there's the optics of that many guns being sold at once in the current political climate.Some jackhole shoots his kid negligently with a gun sold from that estate , and it's just gonna look bad all around. Logically where someone gets a tool they handle negligently doesn't impact the negligent act itself, but we live in irrational times.

Plus, given California's slide into legalized hoplophobia it's a fair guess most of those weapons in the collection aren't California legal anyways, or certainly won't be after this year .

For a non gun person or anti? It's beyond a no brainer decision.

Luke
06-24-2016, 08:45 AM
If you won't take on a headache and paperwork and spend a little money to make millions your either: 1. A fool. 2. already rich. Or 3.gardoneVT.

GardoneVT
06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
If you won't take on a headache and paperwork and spend a little money to make millions your either: 1. A fool. 2. already rich. Or 3.gardoneVT.

While I don't share the heirs' political viewpoint, on a practical level I see the point of scrapping the lot.

As a gun guy id take the highest value picks off the top and let the Sheriff melt down the rest.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/27445497.jpg

Paul D
06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Even if you net $0.20 on the dollar with all the legal stuff and paperwork....still a million bucks....still a lot of money even Cali....ask Leland Yee

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hambo
06-24-2016, 09:00 AM

As a gun guy id take the highest value picks off the top and let the Sheriff melt down the rest. The logistical and legal expenses involved with liquidating $1.5 million dollars worth of weapons in one of the harshest regulatory environment states in America would be too much of a PITA, frankly. The LEGR forms alone would be an inch thick , and at $20.00 initially plus $3.00 per weapon in transfer fees , so would the cash needed to pay for the processing charges.

Let's do some math: $1.5M minus liquidation cost (call it 50% if you want) still equals a pile of money. Personally, I wouldn't leave $750 on the table, let alone 100x that.

Luke
06-24-2016, 09:07 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/27445497.jpg

I actually don't. I use text translators for everything I type in here. Thanks for being a douche though :(

GardoneVT
06-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Let's do some math: $1.5M minus liquidation cost (call it 50% if you want) still equals a pile of money. Personally, I wouldn't leave $750 on the table, let alone 100x that.

I seriously doubt that $1.5 million value is spread out evenly over the entire collection. If this guys gun cache was anything like most folks , a small percentage of the collection is composed of high value stuff while the majority is rack grade depreciated hardware.

If you want to waste time and legal costs plus paperwork selling the 1970s counterpart to a PT24/7 , be my guest. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a logout button to click.

Luke
06-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Lol the last $1.5M collection I had was 3 merkels and then 600,987 highpoints. Looking back I should have added a little more diversity.

45dotACP
06-24-2016, 09:46 AM
I bet he really didn't subscribe to the idea of favorite weapons...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Jeep
06-24-2016, 11:45 AM

Let's not forget the legal consultation , since CA has some of the most stringent and self contradictory gun laws in the country. It's real easy for Joe Citizen to jam himself up if he's not careful, and 1.5 million dollars of hardware is plenty of chances to accidentally break some arcane gun law.

Then there's the optics of that many guns being sold at once in the current political climate.Some jackhole shoots his kid negligently with a gun sold from that estate , and it's just gonna look bad all around. Logically where someone gets a tool they handle negligently doesn't impact the negligent act itself, but we live in irrational times.

Plus, given California's slide into legalized hoplophobia it's a fair guess most of those weapons in the collection aren't California legal anyways, or certainly won't be after this year .

For a non gun person or anti? It's beyond a no brainer decision.

Ah, but you see there are people who do these things for a living. You almost certainly could get a specialized local FFL to bid on the whole group or to auction them off with a guaranteed minimum. Never count out either (1) the power of the free market; or (2) how many bizarre and obscure businesses and occupations can occur in a population of 30 million people.

breakingtime91
06-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Lol I think Gardone is gonna have a lot of friends at the pfestivus

Mitch
06-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Lol I think Gardone is gonna have a lot of friends at the pfestivus

He hasn't even tripped my radar, and I've been mashing the fuck out of the ignore button lately.

breakingtime91
06-24-2016, 12:37 PM
He hasn't even tripped my radar, and I've been mashing the fuck out of the ignore button lately.

Oh brother the derp is real.