PDA

View Full Version : Zev Ultimate Glock trigger?

Nephrology
07-20-2015, 10:18 PM
So, I bought a Gen 4 G35 used on gunbroker for a song ($442). Picked it up from my FFL today and noticed it has quite a few aftermarket trigger parts, including the trigger itself. Connector is definitely Zev. I've since removed it and replaced it with a factory Gen 3 trigger, but I was wondering about the trigger given that I already apparently have it. The model I (believe) I have is this one :

http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Tac-Fulcrum-Trigger-Ultimate-Kit-4th-Gen-40-Blk-Blk.html

but the gun appears to have a factory firing pin - not the titanium one shown with the kit. Otherwise it seems pretty likely that the firing pin spring and firing pin safety plunger/safety plunger spring are also aftermarket (and presumably Zev).

Assuming I have the right kit, what do people think of these trigger kits? Is it worth thinking about keeping ? Otherwise I'll probably sell it as I generally prefer OEM parts. That said, this gun is going to be built up into a USPSA Limited pistol, so I am less married to OEM parts than I might be otherwise. I do, however, want to keep it in fighting condition, so if the consensus is that some or all of the components of this kit might threaten reliability then I might lean towards selling the parts off.

As long as I am on teh topic - any other suggestions for the gun? I already have warren tactical FOs installed and some more mags on the way...

P.E. Kelley
07-21-2015, 12:06 AM
I ran Zev triggers (ultimate kits) for a couple of seasons. My take is that they were OK.
i have since gone back to stock trigger components with the only changes being a TTI connector. trigger spring and striker spring.
I much prefer a defined "wall" during take-up and a sharp reset, over trigger pull weights under 3# that do not have those attributes.

As to suggestions for the USPSA Limited set up...the TTI brass magwell really helps tame the 40.

TTI= Taran Tactical Innovations.

Nephrology
07-21-2015, 10:36 AM
I ran Zev triggers (ultimate kits) for a couple of seasons. My take is that they were OK.
i have since gone back to stock trigger components with the only changes being a TTI connector. trigger spring and striker spring.
I much prefer a defined "wall" during take-up and a sharp reset, over trigger pull weights under 3# that do not have those attributes.

As to suggestions for the USPSA Limited set up...the TTI brass magwell really helps tame the 40.

TTI= Taran Tactical Innovations.

Thanks ! I'll probably return my striker spring & plunger springs to stock - I want to keep this gun more or less viable for self defense and don't like monkeying with my striker spring for that reason. The connector is nice, though - I'll probably keep it around.

Does anyone make a "low profile" and preferably powder coated/ otherwise black brass magwell. I like the look of the Sentinel Design magwell, but it is aluminum and only made for Gen 3 pistols.

P.E. Kelley
07-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Brass magwell in black.http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_80&products_id=287

SLG
07-22-2015, 06:23 AM
If a guy sells a used pistol and doesn't mention the expensive aftermarket trigger in it, something is wrong. With him or the gun, I don't know. I would send the gun back to Glock (or go to a GSSF match) and let them look it over. Who knows what else he might have done.

Nephrology
07-22-2015, 07:24 AM
If a guy sells a used pistol and doesn't mention the expensive aftermarket trigger in it, something is wrong. With him or the gun, I don't know. I would send the gun back to Glock (or go to a GSSF match) and let them look it over. Who knows what else he might have done.

Gun was re-sold by Gulf State Distributors, so I assume it was seized by LE or was a former personally-owned LE gun. Serial # suggests it is blue label. I am a certified Glock armorer so I am comfortable going over it with a fine-toothed comb on my own. I've already ordered replacement parts or replaced pretty much every part of the trigger assembly except the trigger housing... so I should be good to go.

Brass magwell in black.http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_80&products_id=287

Gen 3 only :/

SLG
07-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Gun was re-sold by Gulf State Distributors, so I assume it was seized by LE or was a former personally-owned LE gun. Serial # suggests it is blue label. I am a certified Glock armorer so I am comfortable going over it with a fine-toothed comb on my own. I've already ordered replacement parts or replaced pretty much every part of the trigger assembly except the trigger housing... so I should be good to go.

Copy that.

P.E. Kelley
07-22-2015, 09:56 AM

Dang I missed that.

Nephrology
07-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Dang I missed that.

The Zev product is brass w/ brass insert and powder coated. Acceptable substitute?

P.E. Kelley
07-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes it is.