PDA

View Full Version : Refused Connection Link Not Useful

Jaywalker
07-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm using dynamic IP addresses and recently when trying to visit p-f.com I was refused access due to (I presume) my IP address resembling a spam site. That dropped me to a default page that instructed me to talk to the webmaster, maybe. (I don't recall precisely what it said.) I do know, however, that the message did not give me an email address to describe my problem, but instead provided me with the forum address, which of course I could not reach - it was being blocked.

I would appreciate your changing that default page to include an actual webmaster email address.

Thanks.

Jaywalker
07-17-2015, 05:06 PM
I'll see if I can make that change (or if there is a setting somewhere that does it), but the webmaster email is the typical webmaster@pistol-forum.com, which comes to me.
Thanks, Tom - I'll see if I can remember it or figure it out.

Jaywalker
07-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Will do, but it's dynamic addressing and so will change from one connection to the next. I do appreciate the spam patrol, however - it makes the forum possible to read.

LittleLebowski
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
PM'ng myself or Tom the IP would help immensely.

Jaywalker
07-18-2015, 07:33 AM
I won't be able to PM anybody a blocked IP address when/if it happens again since I won't be able to log in to do so (thus the request for the default page to provide an email address), and I don't remember what the blocked one was when it was blocked. Obviously, this one isn't blocked as I'm able to post. It's a bit of a Catch 22, unless I can remember or figure out the email address.

LittleLebowski
07-18-2015, 08:25 AM
I won't be able to PM anybody a blocked IP address when/if it happens again since I won't be able to log in to do so (thus the request for the default page to provide an email address), and I don't remember what the blocked one was when it was blocked. Obviously, this one isn't blocked as I'm able to post. It's a bit of a Catch 22, unless I can remember or figure out the email address.

You don't have a cell phone with internet connectivity? You can't email yourself the IP address?

Jaywalker
07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Excellent idea, but no. Still trying to survive in a smart phone world with a flip phone. I feel so inadequate.

LittleLebowski
07-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Excellent idea, but no. Still trying to survive in a smart phone world with a flip phone. I feel so inadequate.

If you can write down your IP address when you visit http://whatismyip.com from your blocked computer and then post it here or via PM to me, we can handle it.

LittleLebowski
07-18-2015, 09:44 AM

Check your Private Messages.

Jaywalker
07-26-2015, 06:48 PM
As far as I can see the problem I raised is fixed. I had a blocked IP address again once and the link this time usefully sent me to a message page. Thanks.