PDA

View Full Version : Glock Factory Spring Replacement

hvd229
09-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Hello all, Glock emailed this to me this morning so I thought I would pass it along so that people can take advantage of it:

Dear GLOCK Armorer:
On September 6, 2011, GLOCK Inc. will begin voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols
shipped since 2009 GLOCK’s product development team has modified various elements of the RSA to ensure each pistol’s
performance meets the company’s demanding standards. With several variations of the RSA in the market today, GLOCK’s goal
with this voluntary exchange is to standardize the RSA to gain the best possible performance in each pistol.
Armorers should note that Gen4 G26 and G27 models will not require a modified recoil spring.
The new RSA’s all have unique markings on the base of the part. The enclosed chart is designed to help you readily identify the
correct RSA for your pistol.
Unless a directive is mandated by your agency or your store, the replacement of the Gen4 pistol’s RSA can be performed as part of the regular field-strip process. Agencies or Consumer’s wishing to participate in the exchange program at no charge are urged to call 1-877-745-8523 to order their new RSA.
For more information on the details of the exchange program, visit www.TEAMGLOCK.com.

It had a chart that i can't get to post that listed the correct spring assemblies for the different gen4 pistols:

G22,G31,G35G37 - spring marked 0-1-4 (SPO#7577)
G17,34 - spring marked 0-2-4 (SPO#8284)
G23,G32 - spring marked 0-3-3 (SPO#7815)
G19 - spring marked 0-4-3 (PART#8703)
G17T - spring marked 0-5-2 (PART#30000)
G21 - spring marked 0-7-2 (PART#30077)

I'm not sure if this image will work:

/Users/Don/Desktop/image002.jpg

--------Disclaimer--------
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. This message is provided for informational purposes only. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally binding communications.

agent-smith
09-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

turbolag23
09-06-2011, 07:53 AM
thanks for posting.
hmm i havent received any emails from glock since becoming an armorer.

Super J
09-06-2011, 07:58 AM
thanks for posting.
hmm i havent received any emails from glock since becoming an armorer.

I have not either

JHC
09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I'll try it so long as I don't have to surrender the original un-marked RSA in my 17 that has run fine for 8K rounds. I gotta see how long it can go.

The_Dave
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Looks like that's what they're asking:

CONSUMER ACTION:

1. Call 1-877-745-8523 with your serial number and model number to request your modified RSA. GLOCK will verify your serial number and collect shipping information
2.Within 30 days, GLOCK will send you a replacement RSA along with a pre-addressed envelope to mail in your old spring
3.Ensure your Gen4 is completely unloaded
4.Field strip your GLOCK per the instructions found in your ‘Instructions for Use’ manual that came with your pistol and replace the old RSA with the new one
5.Place the old RSA in the supplied shipping container and give to the United States Postal Service (USPS)

I might give this a try, but like JHC said I'm hesitant to give up the RSA I have that's run just fine in my G17 thus far. I'm also going to Rogers' at the end of the month, and that's not a place I want to be with an untested (for me) RSA if indeed it arrives in time.

VolGrad
09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I've never received any e-mails since becoming an Armorer either but a LEO buddy got this through his agency and alerted me this morning. I have already ordered my Gen4 G21 replacement RSA. They are asking for the old ones back and are providing a postage paid USPS mailer for your convenience. Now, are they actually going to track them or care if you keep the old one? Doubtful.

turbolag23
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
its nice that they are providing prepaid postage of the return spring. i've been debating a gen3 vs gen4 for a while now. looks like they are taking the right steps with the gen4's.

texag
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I called the hotline today and was on hold for long enough that I took my chances with email. RSAteam@glock.us, provide name, model, serial #, mailing address, and phone.

vcdgrips
09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
The text below should have been included in Glock's email that seemingly has not been sent to all of their certified armorers despite collecting email addresses in armorer class for quite some time.

"We at Glock humbly apologize for failing to adequately test our RSAs across our model line before the models were released. This failure coupled with money saving measures we implemented in the production of our extractors has led to the release of pistols that have failed to live up to our previously unequally standard of reliability, particularly in the G17 and 19 models.

With this RECALL, we will replace all affected RSA, EXTRACTORS AND pledge
to never let cost savings get in the way of R and D, and the ultimate delivery of a quality product as we have already recovered out initial investment many times over given our pioneering use of polymer and multi media injection molding in the production of our pistols.

As a small token of our appreciation, we would like to extend a 40.00 USD cash value coupon or a coupon for two (2) magazines to all affected late 2010 Gen 3 (Extractor issues) in the following serial number range and all Gen 4 customers (Extractor and RSA issues) for their future purchase of a Glock Pistol or Magazines.

Again we humbly apologize for our actions and respectfully hope that we will be given a chance to redeem ourselves by our loyal customers, past, present and future."

Edited to add:

Quite frankly, as a result of GLOCK's falures, if I could afford to switch platforms, I would seriously consider it on pricipal alone.

Unfortunately, given all of my personal time, talent and treasure I have spent with Glock since 1991(8 pistols, dozens of magazines, misc small parts, holsters, mag pouches and multiple classes, tens of thousands of rounds reloaded, purchased, bartered or other wise expended,) it would be difficult to do so.

RANT ON

What group of maroons thought that you could fix an undersprung .40 with a new RSA and then use that same RSA in a 9mm platform and not have problems?

What group of maroons thought that you could change the production method and/or source of extractors on top of the RSA change and not think you were going to have problems?

What group of maroons thought that with forums such as this and brand specific ones that "news" of these FAILURES on the part of GLOCK were not going to be discovered and widely disemenated in realtively short order?

And on an wholly personal and superficial note, I am tired of getting my balls busted by other non glock shooters and non shooters in general given this fiasco as I have been such a staunch Glock advocate in the past.

RANT OFF

WyoXd
10-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I called Glock on September 16 for the new RSA and it showed up in the mail today. Now I just have to figure out which old one to send back: the original unmarked RSA, 0-2, or 0-2-1. Or maybe all three.I somehow doubt the new one is going to make me happier than the Jager polymer rod I'm running now.I doubt if it'll stop brass from smacking me in the head either.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk