PDA

View Full Version : mounting scope in Larue mount..

breakingtime91
07-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Just got my Accupower in the mail. I went to mount it in my scope mount following the video from Larue on you-tube. When I got to tightening the top of the scope rings i ended up having a little bit of a gap in each scope right on top. I am not sure if this is normal becuase I bought the mount used (SPR 1.5) and it did not come with instructions. I didn't want to keep tightening it out of fear of damaging the tube (even though I was just doing it with the supplied allen key).

questions:
1)am I worrying to much and should I just hand tighten like they show on the video?
2)is it possible to damage a scope tube by hang tightening?
3)is the gap between the rings normal or if not normal is just something that happens?

Luke
07-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Torque everything

SamuelBLong
07-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Slight gapping is ok as long as it's even.

Screws should be torqued down to 30 in-lbs per Larue. Use blue loctite/ vibratite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breakingtime91
07-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Slight gapping is ok as long as it's even.

Screws should be torqued down to 30 in-lbs per Larue. Use blue loctite/ vibratite.

link to a recommended torque wrench or whatever?

SamuelBLong
07-06-2015, 04:18 PM
I use the Wheeler Engineering FAT Wrench / Driver

Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012AXR4S/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_-aVMvb5M48Y53

Erik
07-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Do you recommend the scope leveling tool as well? (It's a frequently purchased with item that pops up on Amazon.)

ETA: or the reticle leveler? Thanks.

SamuelBLong
07-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Here is what you need to ensure the reticle is level. A quality scope manufacturer such as trijicon, Swarovski, Leupold, etc will ensure that their reticle is square to the turrets / turret housing before it leaves their QC department.

This thing makes leveling really easy:
http://arisakadefense.com/products/optic-leveler

Erik
07-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Thank you.