PDA

View Full Version : The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Jaywalker
09-27-2016, 04:32 PM
This
I disagree. As one who managed an unintentional double shooting a PPQ, I believe trigger reset is a very appropriate topic; I just don't want one that's too short. I was surprised that it wasn't raised throughout 100 pages of discussion.

breakingtime91
09-27-2016, 04:36 PM
they are saying not to pin it... if you reset through the trigger and started a press again... well ya the gun went off.

Jaywalker
09-27-2016, 04:48 PM
they are saying not to pin it... if you reset through the trigger and started a press again... well ya the gun went off.Didn't say it wasn't my fault.

What's the deal with trigger reset discussion, though? Why isn't it appropriate? I feel like I used the snail fork on dessert.

breakingtime91
09-27-2016, 04:52 PM
Didn't say it wasn't my fault.

I think they are agreeing with you is my point. Quickly reset the gun, and then pull the trigger when the sights are right. Too many people are using the reset as a indication to shoot again.

Process:
press trigger, reset during recoil, press trigger again when sights are where you want

wrong process:
press trigger, pin trigger during recoil, slowly reset, quickly press trigger again after reset.

if you do this, reset really shouldn't have that much of an impact on how you shoot or if you accidentally shoot.

Jaywalker
09-27-2016, 04:56 PM
I think they are agreeing with you is my point. Quickly reset the gun, and then pull the trigger when the sights are right. Too many people are using the reset as a indication to shoot again.

Process:
press trigger, reset during recoil, press trigger again when sights are where you want

wrong process:
press trigger, pin trigger during recoil, slowly reset, quickly press trigger again after reset.

if you do this, reset really shouldn't have that much of an impact on how you shoot or if you accidentally shoot.
Well, in any case I'm (1) detracting from this thread and am exiting, and (2) buying the pistol when it becomes available.

45dotACP
09-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Didn't say it wasn't my fault.

What's the deal with trigger reset discussion, though? Why isn't it appropriate? I feel like I used the snail fork on dessert.
Whatever technique works better for you is the one to use, but the my take is if you wait for the trigger to reset, you'll not shoot as fast as you could by just pressing the trigger when the sights are aligned. Lots of people pin and reset, and maybe even some high level guys, but the consensus seems to be to let the trigger out well past the reset point during recoil.

breakingtime91
09-27-2016, 05:07 PM
not to detract more but here is a video that explains what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw

MSparks909
09-27-2016, 05:12 PM

Process:

wrong process:

Exactly the point I was trying to convey. I should have been more descriptive. As to whether or not it is a valid discussion, it is. My point is that many people blow reset length way out of proportion. What's the first thing you usually do when you pick up a gun at a gun store? Rack the slide, dry fire the trigger, rack the slide again and feel for the "tactile and audible reset." When trying to shoot at speed it is not beneficial to pin the trigger to the rear after each shot, ride the trigger to the reset point then shoot again. I'd argue it's almost impossible to shoot at speed with any semblance of accuracy (~.50 or faster splits) using the pin and reset method.

Example: I've been shooting Beretta 92s exclusively for the past several months. Decided to pick up a HK P30 DA/SA for funsies. MANY people on the gunternet gripe about the long reset of the HK DA/SA triggers...especially the P30. First trip out to the range and I was running sub 3.0 Bill Drills from concealment. The trigger reset length never even entered my mind. Sure, if I pin the trigger to the rear and slowly ride the reset I feel the additional travel length. But when shooting at speed or really anything besides bullseye shooting, the reset length, at least to me, is a non-issue.

FWIW this discussion does not apply to DAO revolvers or semis. I definitely notice the reset length on those. My point/example applies to striker and DA/SA/SAO guns.

MSparks909
09-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Most excellent videos on this discussion: Embedded for your viewing pleasure:

http://youtu.be/9qbCSpcrOsw

http://youtu.be/j7ahDcWjFZI

GJM
09-27-2016, 09:21 PM
I don't think reset length is the number one criteria in picking a pistol. However, the shorter the reset it, the less your travel with flip and press needs to be, and the less sympathetic movement there is which can be induced by very long travel. Shoot a DAK and you will quickly see what I am talking about.

All things being equal, I prefer to get as high as I can on a pistol (bore axis) and have as short a reset as is reliable. However, all things are not equal.

Luke
09-27-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm a reset queer. I love a short crisp reset, what's weird is I come completely off the trigger(Past even the DA) when I reset the trigger. I think stuff like reset is so personal, but for the most part doesn't matter to a point.

breakingtime91
09-27-2016, 09:58 PM
I'm a reset queer. I love a short crisp reset, what's weird is I come completely off the trigger(Past even the DA) when I reset the trigger. I think stuff like reset is so personal, but for the most part doesn't matter to a point.

The point we are addressing is not the reset length (or how far you come off the trigger) but between resetting during recoil vs pinning the trigger during recoil.

GJM
09-27-2016, 10:10 PM
I am not a "pinner," but there are times I find it helpful to pin the trigger, flip off and run the whole trigger travel with continuous movement after flipping off. Times like support hand at 25-50 yards on a plate rack, and 50 yards plus free style, especially with a Glock trigger, where the continuous movement of the entire travel gives me more of a surprise break through the Glock mush. I have also experimented with it with the AR offhand, and it is almost part of PE Kelly's continuous movement method. I think it is good to know a whole bunch of techniques, even if they are not primary.

Luke
09-27-2016, 10:10 PM
I pin on super super crazy intense slow fire. No idea what I do during normal opperstiom. I'm sure it's wild and crazy and doesn't make sense.

JPedersen
10-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Don't see it already mentioned here - but new pictures up on EL insta feed ... It is worth checking out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCS
10-02-2016, 07:50 AM
For those of you without Instagram http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161002/70512b7a87f1a9dda75f5d29cc794b68.png

JPedersen
10-02-2016, 08:49 AM
For those of you without Instagram http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161002/70512b7a87f1a9dda75f5d29cc794b68.png

Thank you! I don't know how to do that.

JCS
10-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I just screenshot it and upload the picture. Instagram doesn't allow you to save the pictures directly so that's a way around it.

JPedersen
10-02-2016, 10:30 AM

One more... From today.

LockedBreech
10-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Pretty darn excited for this gun. :)

JSGlock34
10-02-2016, 02:19 PM
You can even direct link, but you have to fidget around with the page source to find the image address. Still haven't figured out how to do this for videos.

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/14498923_988433377945608_7362674612317978624_n.jpg

breakingtime91
10-02-2016, 02:22 PM
I cannot decide if I want this or a 92 compact..

JPedersen
10-02-2016, 02:24 PM

...Or BOTH!

breakingtime91
10-02-2016, 02:26 PM
...Or BOTH!

Alas time and new baby only allow one lol

LockedBreech
10-02-2016, 02:29 PM

I plan to get both. Picking up my 92 Compact on Tuesday. If you'd like once I get both I can do a detailed side by side.

Might be a while though, I'm trying to buy less stuff, so someone will probably beat me to the punch.

breakingtime91
10-02-2016, 02:32 PM
I plan to get both. Picking up my 92 Compact on Tuesday. If you'd like once I get both I can do a detailed side by side.

Might be a while though, I'm trying to buy less stuff, so someone will probably beat me to the punch.

Sounds great. No rush, get to it when you get to it :cool:

JPedersen
10-02-2016, 02:49 PM

That would be GREAT !

Wondering Beard
10-02-2016, 02:57 PM
You can even direct link, but you have to fidget around with the page source to find the image address. Still haven't figured out how to do this for videos.

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/14498923_988433377945608_7362674612317978624_n.jpg

Is it me, the angle of the photo or is the hammer actually off center?

Also, what's that space in the slide above the right slide rail?

11B10
10-02-2016, 03:12 PM
I have owned my PX4 since 2008 and have about 10,000 trouble-free rounds, and I've been on the receiving end of crap about it the entire time. It's a bit of an ugly gun and the safety is badly placed, but most of the hate comes from it being perceived as sort of a hipster/esoteric gun ("why not just get a Glock") and some initial reports of unreliability. The most often quoted issue was some Canadian border patrol agents who had to use mallets to unstick the guns when they were out of spec and the locking block jammed. I forget who wrote a report on that, but it was someone pretty reputable in the firearms industry if I recall.

Much like the exploding slides in the Beretta 92F, as I understand these out of spec issues were early and limited. I have not heard about any systemic issues in the PX4 line for years now. I also share the view of many on this forum, based on a number of recent Beretta purchases (a 2013 92FS and 2016 92FS Compact) that current Beretta finish, quality control, and machining is superb.

Based on my personal experience and research and the quality of the Beretta brand, I would not hesitate to carry a PX4 and in fact I do sometimes grab my PX4 in a Galco OWB rig. I'm not sure if it's as inherently reliable as an HK or Glock over high round counts, low lubrication, and fouling, but I know if you lubricate and clean them well they run, in my case at least a few times cycling 500+ rounds without cleaning. The biggest concern is making sure you use a good, persistent grease on the locking block and lug. I use TW-25B but something like Red n' Tacky should also work well.

Do folks actually think it's ugly? The very first thing I noticed was the design - thought it was way cool.
I'm trying to break myself of the fear of getting in over my head with a firearm that's too complicated for me. I transitioned recently from a Glock G30S to a Sig P320 C/.45 and the FCU in the SIG looks busy to me. Kinda like going from a Chevy to a Benz, which is something I did four years ago. However, when I read about Ernest Langdon here and his successes, well.....

11B10
10-02-2016, 03:18 PM

What's causing it is up for debate, but it sure IS off center.

MSparks909
10-02-2016, 04:27 PM

I own a WC Compact Carry along with the Brig Tac. I'll do a comparison as well once I pick up one of these. For the money, I believe I would lean towards the PX4 Compact Carry especially considering Wilson 92 Compacts are vaporware now, and compared to a stock 92 I think this PX4 would blow a stock 92C out of the water.

A lot also has to do with hand size. Under a fast reload I can pinch my palm on the 92C. If I shoot with gloves I'll pinch the glove every time when I reload. The grip is 1/4" short for my M/L hands.

The PX4C is also 5 oz. lighter unloaded than the 92C and holds 2 more rounds with stock mags. AND I personally think the final nail in the coffin for the 92C vs the PX4 CC is the lack of a front sight dovetail.

Willard
10-02-2016, 06:30 PM

That intrigued me as well. I looked online, and every photo I found had same appearance of offset. Here's a link to a Shooting Illustrated article with a similar type photo. Even more angled if anything: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2011/5/18/beretta-px4-storm-sub-compact/. Probably a reason, but I don't know what it is.

JTQ
10-02-2016, 07:02 PM
The late Stephen A. Camp noted it in his review or the PX4 .45 http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/shooting_the_45-caliber%20beretta%20PX4.htm

Note that the hammer appears off-center in the slide notch. The bottom of the hammer fills the corresponding frame width but the right side of the hammer shank is slightly thinned. I am not sure why.

LangdonTactical
10-02-2016, 07:34 PM
What's causing it is up for debate, but it sure IS off center.

It is supposed to be that way. It is not off center, it is machined that way.

Greg
10-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Do folks actually think it's ugly? The very first thing I noticed was the design - thought it was way cool....

I think it is ugly as hell, but I don't care how a carry gun looks. I own Glocks, Sigs and CZs that are pretty stinking ugly too.

GJM
10-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Looking forward to the availability of this pistol. Just read the Lucky Gunner review, second part. He reported accuracy at 25 yards, and it seemed not as good as I have come to expect from a Beretta. Didn't go back through all 100+ pages, but have others reported accuracy testing results on the pistol?

breakingtime91
10-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Looking forward to the availability of this pistol. Just read the Lucky Gunner review, second part. He reported accuracy at 25 yards, and it seemed not as good as I have come to expect from a Beretta. Didn't go back through all 100+ pages, but have others reported accuracy testing results on the pistol?

Ernest claims 3 inches offhand after quite a few rounds through the gun.

GJM
10-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Ernest claims 3 inches offhand after quite a few rounds through the gun.

excellent, that is what I would expect from a Beretta, and checks my box for practical accuracy.

spinmove_
10-03-2016, 06:54 AM
Is there a general consensus as to how reliable the factory 10-rd magazines are in this gun?

SteveB
10-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Is there a general consensus as to how reliable the factory 10-rd magazines are in this gun?

Before I let a buddy talk me out of mine, I used the 10-round mags here in CT; no issues. I seem to recall issues with early mags; baseplates sliding off. All the mags I have now have locking baseplates, and are reliable. Looking forward to the EL gun.

LockedBreech
10-03-2016, 09:14 AM
excellent, that is what I would expect from a Beretta, and checks my box for practical accuracy.

One thing about the PX4 is that you do need a good handful of rounds through it before you understand how it recoils enough to really dial it on. The rotating barrel is a very perceptibly different recoil impulse than a standard Browning-derived locked-breech. Once your hands get used to it, it's very easy to shoot well, but there will be a definite learning period. If you get one, don't get discouraged if your groups are scattered for a while.

GJM
10-03-2016, 09:19 AM
One thing about the PX4 is that you do need a good handful of rounds through it before you understand how it recoils enough to really dial it on. The rotating barrel is a very perceptibly different recoil impulse than a standard Browning-derived locked-breech. Once your hands get used to it, it's very easy to shoot well, but there will be a definite learning period. If you get one, don't get discouraged if your groups are scattered for a while.

Not tracking. Why would something that happens after you press the trigger (recoil) effect how you line up the sights and press the trigger?

LockedBreech
10-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Not tracking. Why would something that happens after you press the trigger (recoil) effect how you line up the sights and press the trigger?

Sorry, that was unclear (coffee is still being downloaded). I meant for accurate and rapid follow-ups, sorta like getting used to a reset.

MSparks909
10-03-2016, 04:07 PM

I'm gonna disagree. I had never shot a PX4/PX4C prior to Ernest's personal gun at a class I took this past September. I dry fired it a few times (DA) and proceeded to run a mag worth of rapid fire on a steel target at ~10-12 yards. Had zero issues running splits in the teens and it was my first time firing the gun. If you have a solid grasp on the fundamentals it won't take long to dial in most any modern handgun you pick up.

LockedBreech
10-03-2016, 05:58 PM
That might explain it. The PX4 in .40 was my first handgun ever, and transitioning back to it for range time after 9mm locked-breech systems was a bit jarring for me. Perhaps that was more due to .40 than the recoil system, but most likely is just that developing fundamentals is still a fairly recent development for me.

JBColo
10-04-2016, 09:12 AM
First post here, never came here prior to looking for info on the PX4s. Have now a SC 40, compact 40, and two full size 9s (I know, that's all backwards...). Have changed out safety wings and managed to get a 92-style for one of the full size models, and noticed I couldn't get the spring/ball detent loose to make it decocker only -- not sure if that's intentional of just my lack of trying?

Anyway, question I have is regarding trigger replacement. Removal of the hammer housing isn't easy as I'm sure any that have tried will attest; YouTube videos were helpful, but until you realize how the capture spring hooks in it's a lot of pyring with little progress. I managed to get this done on my compact 40, then replaced the trigger with the steel unit, which was also not the easiest as the trigger pin detents catch on the frame with insertion or removal. In the process the spring got torqued a bit and the legs that hook behind the trigger are less than parallel now.
Now with everything re-installed the new steel trigger will not fully reset to its full extended DA length by itself, and often needs a bit of a push forward. Not sure if this is all the slightly messed up spring, lack of proper lubrication to the trigger/spring/action bar, or the prying on the hammer housing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. --Josh

Willard
10-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Josh,

Not to be rude, but I would highly recommend you use a competent gunsmith as opposed to DIY via Youtube. Lot of perfectly serviceable firearms are ruined this way. Others here will likely tell you the same. I'd take it to a smith rather than playing guesswork with a tool that you may have to rely on for serious situations. Best,
Bill

JBColo
10-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Well yes of course, if this were a carry piece I wouldn't be messing with it. But this is a bought-used range gun for me; I'm waiting on the EL model for carry, and my full size is my (not-quite ideal) carry currently.

So if I had asked "should I be doing work on my pistol given that I'm not a certified gunsmith" your reply would be all I need.

But what I'm actually wondering is if anybody has tried modifying their PX4s with the factory Beretta pieces, and had any issues. The PX4s are not nearly as easy to work on as the 92 series which are quite easily modified.

dfeder530
10-05-2016, 07:32 AM
I actually think working on the PX4 action is way easier than the 92 series. With the exception of removing the PX4's trigger, the hammer and sear is super quick to take apart and put back together. The removable action group is basically like a cage where I can see exactly where parts are supposed to go, and the parts are easier to put back together since I'm not working within the confines of a tiny pistol frame.

I will say that I was unable to remove the trigger pin, resulting in not being able to remove the trigger and trigger bar. It's not a huge issue, as the action job I did made it much smoother simply by working on the sear and hammer.

STORM
10-06-2016, 06:52 AM
Compared to the super short warp speed reset of my Walther P99, the reset does feel kinda long for me. Kind of like a Sig P226? I never compared them side by side, so I'm going by what I can recall.

Personally, I don't mind. I feel the longer reset helps prevent too hasty trigger pulls when switching targets, something I need to be careful with when pushing for speed with the Walther. And it is really easy to shoot fast splits with the PX4 (of course I only have experience with the full size one).

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk

I agree and think the concentration on reset is artificial.

Coming from a Glock with an upgraded trigger I have only had 2 instances where I failed to to reset the trigger in 1700 rounds and that was early on when I started shooting the PX4C.

I like the PX4 trigger and the reset is not a problem.

STORM
10-06-2016, 07:09 AM
OK, We have a meeting with Freddie Blish at ROBAR today at 1400 to nail down some details. Here is what we are shaking out;
Special Pre-Buy on the PX4CC with MAP pricing.
Special Package guns PX4CC with various trigger work and ROBAR finishes.

Follow me on InstaGram for updates and details as they come out @ernest.langdon

This is exciting stuff!

Ernest do you have an update on the Special Package Robar PX4CEL?

ROLL612
10-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Ernest do you have an update on the Special Package Robar PX4CEL?

Wondering the same.

LangdonTactical
10-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Wondering the same.

The update is that we have everything set, pricing and all that. We are just waiting on Beretta to turn us loose so we can release the information and open up for people to Pre-Buy if they want. We have to tread lightly here as to not piss off all of the regular Beretta Distributors and Dealers. This is a highly sought after gun at this point and many dealers are waiting to place their orders for this gun. I think we have it all nailed down and hope to release all the details and open the Pre-Buy this week.

Edwin
10-10-2016, 03:58 PM
*Hopes the M9A1EL also has the Robar special edition*

LostDuke
10-10-2016, 07:59 PM
The update is that we have everything set, pricing and all that. We are just waiting on Beretta to turn us loose so we can release the information and open up for people to Pre-Buy if they want. We have to tread lightly here as to not piss off all of the regular Beretta Distributors and Dealers. This is a highly sought after gun at this point and many dealers are waiting to place their orders for this gun. I think we have it all nailed down and hope to release all the details and open the Pre-Buy this week.

This week? This week? I feel like those guys who wake up at 3am to buy Pokémon or what not.

MSparks909
10-10-2016, 09:15 PM

Suhweet! Eager to place my order :D

LockedBreech
10-10-2016, 10:44 PM
My recent 92FS Compact acquisition has eaten up more funds than I anticipated after I bought holster and grips. I probably can't swing the pre-buy. Time for a pre-cry.

45dotACP
10-11-2016, 02:19 AM
The 92FS is a respectable carry gat in its own right. Mine has been a total ball. That said...I have a case of the wantsies for a G19 sized TDA gun once my G19 goes down the river.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GJM
10-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Are PX4 full size magazines and holsters compatible with the PX4 Compact?

LostDuke
10-11-2016, 10:28 AM

Yes, I use CX4 and Px4 magazines of all sizes both with the compact and the subcompact which I recently bought.

DAB
10-11-2016, 12:46 PM

full size mags work fine in compact pistols, but they do stick out a bit at the bottom, as they are longer.

LangdonTactical
10-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Well, it is Friday night and I/we did not meet the expectation that we set of opening up pre-sale this week. Lots of back forth with Beretta this week and I am sure they are tired of me asking where things stand. Bottom line, Beretta is not comfortable with us opening up the pre-sale just yet. Hopefully, we will have good news next week.

I am sorry for not meeting expectations!

KeithH
10-15-2016, 04:20 AM
Thank you for the follow up. I appreciate the professionalism.

JPedersen
10-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Well, it is Friday night and I/we did not meet the expectation that we set of opening up pre-sale this week. Lots of back forth with Beretta this week and I am sure they are tired of me asking where things stand. Bottom line, Beretta is not comfortable with us opening up the pre-sale just yet. Hopefully, we will have good news next week.

Thank you for going to bat for the PF community. Will keep eyes open.

farscott
10-15-2016, 02:19 PM

No complaints here. I am thrilled that Beretta and you are doing the extra work required to support and run a group buy on a very popular new pistol.

LostDuke
10-15-2016, 06:36 PM

My store is asking for a code to pre-order, I think they said UPC. Do you have it please?

LTC77406
10-15-2016, 10:24 PM

Sincerely appreciate you keeping a bunch of strangers on the Internet informed. $$$$ still set aside for the compact carry. It'll be worth the wait.

DAB
10-16-2016, 11:13 AM
assuming one shows up in a local gun store, it will be my Christmas present to myself.

JPedersen
10-16-2016, 03:27 PM
My store is asking for a code to pre-order, I think they said UPC. Do you have it please?

Is that how we are supposed to run it ? Should we be at our LGS right now ? Was waiting for the GMF ....

Johnny Bravo
10-21-2016, 08:57 AM
I had them installed by a gunsmith, so I cheated.

The dovetail is tapered, as you look at the back of the slide, the dovetail is wider on the left, narrower on the right. So the sights go out and in from the left side of the slide.

I will be doing the rest of the "Langdon" mods to the Inox PX4 compact in the picture in the coming weeks as well to get a better feel for how they work and how they improve the user experience...

Just out of curiosity, is this true of all modern Beretta's?

LangdonTactical
10-22-2016, 11:23 AM
So another week has gone by and yesterday I got some bad news from Beretta. Long story short, production started in Italy and they ran into issues with the front sights from Ameriglow. Ameriglo is going to build a whole new batch of front sights for Beretta Italy hopefully quickly, but it will put us back at least two weeks at this point. The good news is they started assembly, so the parts are all there and ready to build. We are again waiting on sights from the US.

Ameriglo is on it and says they can get them built and shipped to Italy very quickly.

I wish I had better news, but these are the facts.

LangdonTactical
10-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, is this true of all modern Beretta's?

Yes, all the Beretta Pistols that I have ever worked on the sights go in from the left to the right.

LangdonTactical
10-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Is that how we are supposed to run it ? Should we be at our LGS right now ? Was waiting for the GMF ....

The pre-orders that I am talking about will come directly from ROBAR guns and you will be able to order them from the ROBAR website. We will then ship the gun to your FFL for legal transfer to you.

ROLL612
10-22-2016, 01:35 PM
So another week has gone by and yesterday I got some bad news from Beretta. Long story short, production started in Italy and they ran into issues with the front sights from Ameriglow. Ameriglo is going to build a whole new batch of front sights for Beretta Italy hopefully quickly, but it will put us back at least two weeks at this point. The good news is they started assembly, so the parts are all there and ready to build. We are again waiting on sights from the US.

Ameriglo is on it and says they can get them built and shipped to Italy very quickly.

Thanks for the update, I thought they were already in the US but if not I'm sure it will be a while more assuming theses new sights pass the test. Still looking forward to the gun.

JPedersen
10-22-2016, 04:03 PM
The pre-orders that I am talking about will come directly from ROBAR guns and you will be able to order them from the ROBAR website. We will then ship the gun to your FFL for legal transfer to you.

Perfect. That is what I thought... onward and upward !

stimpee
10-22-2016, 09:25 PM

True Story.

I will say, we have a number of them in TN for "final approval" and some quick checks, and they are super sweet. The single action trigger in particular is quite amazing (in my opinion). I will likely be adding one to my own personal collection very soon...

Hopefully we can get this corrected very quickly.

Now I just need to get Ernest to teach me how to shoot one of these days, and it will be all good!

:cool:

busykngt
10-22-2016, 09:34 PM
The single action trigger in particular is quite amazing...

stimpee, any idea what the initial trigger pull weight is (in DA mode)?

Texgun
10-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Why do they not just put the stealth levers on as standard?

Without exception, ''tis is the biggest complaint I hear about from my acquaintances.

(Sorry if answered elsewhere in the post. Just did not have time to read all responses)

stimpee
10-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Why do they not just put the stealth levers on as standard?

Without exception, ''tis is the biggest complaint I hear about from my acquaintances.

(Sorry if answered elsewhere in the post. Just did not have time to read all responses)

Most of the guns are sold in an "F" configuration. The stealth levers would likely be a problem for reliable de-activation of the safety. That said, I am not at all a fan of the standard levers myself. I have the stealths in G configuration on my compact...

Swamp Buddy
10-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Left to right, is that looking from the rear of the slide?

Hot Sauce
10-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Sure hope these pre-orders are sold before the election. Greatly wish to avoid the rush that will come with the run up/post-election blues.

LangdonTactical
10-25-2016, 08:38 AM
Left to right, is that looking from the rear of the slide?

Yes

LangdonTactical
10-25-2016, 08:41 AM
True Story.

I will say, we have a number of them in TN for "final approval" and some quick checks, and they are super sweet. The single action trigger in particular is quite amazing (in my opinion). I will likely be adding one to my own personal collection very soon...

Hopefully we can get this corrected very quickly.

Now I just need to get Ernest to teach me how to shoot one of these days, and it will be all good!

:cool:

Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping a couple of those are coming my way. My main shooter is coming up on 50K very quickly!

MSparks909
10-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping a couple of those are coming my way. My main shooter is coming up on 50K very quickly!

I'd be interested in a formal 25Y benched accuracy test when you get to 50K if it's not too much trouble to ask. Whatever carry loads you use and whatever practice loads you shoot. Just to get a general idea of PX4 barrel longevity.

Swamp Buddy
10-26-2016, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

LearnedHat
10-26-2016, 09:17 PM
If Beretta can hold out for two more weeks, they will be able to get $200 more a piece

pastaslinger
10-26-2016, 10:06 PM
If Beretta can hold out for two more weeks, they will be able to get $200 more a piece

I highly doubt that, people aren't panic buying handguns for the most part

fixer
10-27-2016, 06:45 AM
I highly doubt that, people aren't panic buying handguns for the most part

yet...

MSparks909
10-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Browsed through the magazine section tonight at my local grocery store and came across the most recent Guns & Ammo magazine. I was surprised to find an article reviewing the PX4 Compact Carry inside. I quickly skimmed it. Impressed with the article overall (the author actually embraced DA/SA guns for carry as opposed to striker guns which is quite shocking for a gun rag). The author listed the sight dimensions as .130W front and a .165W rear notch. Is this correct? Everything else in the article reads like it was taken straight from this thread.

Took a few pics of things I found meaningful:

MSparks909
10-27-2016, 08:25 PM
I apologize for the wonky pics. Posted from my iPhone. Tried orienting them correctly and it failed both times.

busykngt
10-27-2016, 09:00 PM
So that MSRP of $850, makes the "street price" around $650+/-
Does that sound about right? (That's about a 22% to 24% discount off MSRP.... is that a decent guess for Beretta?)

And I see they've offered an answer to my question of Post # 1077. They're saying a nine pound initial DA trigger pull weight.
Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

ReverendMeat
10-28-2016, 02:07 AM
So that MSRP of $850, makes the "street price" around $650+/-
Does that sound about right? (That's about a 22% to 24% discount off MSRP.... is that a decent guess for Beretta?)

850 MSRP from Beretta, street price 720-780 I'd wager. Dealer cost is probably closer to 650.

busykngt
10-28-2016, 06:24 AM
850 MSRP from Beretta, street price 720-780 I'd wager. Dealer cost is probably closer to 650.

Could be. I was basing my guess on Colt. But even that was from five years ago (back before their bankruptcy / reorganization).

alohadoug
10-28-2016, 07:59 AM

Which means that it would cost me about $1000 around here....even if I could find one.... :(

GJM
10-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Front page!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4991_zpsqzg07iev.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4991_zpsqzg07iev.jpg.html)

LockedBreech
10-28-2016, 12:46 PM
*sighs*

*looks at credit card*

*cries*

busykngt
10-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Bought my PX4 Storm Compact (9mm) in March 2015 from Cabela's for $475 (new & on sale). Included two 15-Rd magazines, three back straps, couple of brushes, magazine loader, etc.

MSparks909
10-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Front page!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4991_zpsqzg07iev.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4991_zpsqzg07iev.jpg.html)

Really good article. There's also a good article from Darryl in there on the VP9 as well.

farscott
10-28-2016, 06:45 PM
I am looking forward to getting a pair of these. I am really pleased with Beretta listening to Mr. Langdon and offering a pistol based on what actually is proven to work by someone of Mr. Langdon's experience. Between these pistols and the Wilson Combat 92-series offerings, it is really nice to see the purveyor of the current US DoD service pistol stay relevant.

pastaslinger
10-29-2016, 11:41 AM
yet...

Even last time there was panic buying what sold were:
-Long guns that might fit an AWB
-rifle mags
-AR parts
-ammo
-and then to a much smaller extent, pistol mags

Semi auto pistols, revolvers, bolt rifles, pump shotguns, etc were relatively untouched

Olim9
10-30-2016, 02:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

Clobbersaurus
10-30-2016, 05:54 PM

Hey guys, Just wondering if there any intention for Ameriglo or Beretta to offer these sights for purchase?

MSparks909
10-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Any updated pre-order or Robar mods info? Getting antsy :cool:

spinmove_
10-30-2016, 09:38 PM

Given that your primary PX4c is coming up on 50K, are you seeing any adverse wear and tear that make you question long term durability? Does that pistol seem/feel like it has some life left in it?

modrecoil
10-30-2016, 10:37 PM
As much as I want one of these, I selfishly hope I don't get one before the 11/12 class with Ernest. I'd totally feel like a poser. :)

Olim9
10-31-2016, 03:42 AM
I'd totally feel like a poser. :)

Imagine rolling into one of his classes with one of those along with QORE performance sleeves. That's probably going to be me if he ever does host a class down here in Florida. :cool:

Hot Sauce
11-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Alright, just ordered up a bundle of mags for this beast. Super excited!

LangdonTactical
11-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Given that your primary PX4c is coming up on 50K, are you seeing any adverse wear and tear that make you question long term durability? Does that pistol seem/feel like it has some life left in it?

Great question. I just today went over the 49,000 round mark. I shot about 400 rounds today and the gun ran great with no issues. In looking at the frame, there seems to be very little wear and I have not noticed any increase in wear marks on the barrel or slide (internal) in the last 15 or 20K. Also, the outside wear and tear seems to be settling in as well. Considering I use the same two holsters with this gun for almost everything, that should not be surprising.

I think I will likely break the 50K mark some time next week. I plan on shooting some groups then, but I have not noticed any issues with accuracy dropping off at all. Again, looking at the design, there seems to be very little stress on the frame and all the lock up happens in the slide of the gun. The cam in the frame just rotates the barrel into place, but all the locking happens in the slide.

So the answer is no, I think this gun would likely go another 50K without any major issues. I plan on sending this one back to Beretta shortly after hitting that 50K mark, maybe I will try to shoot the next one to 100K?

LangdonTactical
11-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, Just wondering if there any intention for Ameriglo or Beretta to offer these sights for purchase?

The plan is for Ameriglo to offer them. I know they are just trying to meet delivery on the Beretta order right now, but I am sure they will stock them. The cool thing is that they are going to have three different height rear sights so you will be able to tune the point of impact to your liking. I think that is really cool :)

LockedBreech
11-02-2016, 06:35 PM
The PX4 has always been one of the premiere designs in .40, designed ground up like the 229 or M&P. I imagine that contributes to the extra solid 9mm longevity.

LangdonTactical
11-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Any updated pre-order or Robar mods info? Getting antsy :cool:

We had another delay in Italy. I am fearfull of making any predictions at this point as I have now been proven wrong way too many times. Once I know they are in route, I will let you guys know and open the door up for pre-orders. I don't want to piss anyone off any more than I already have.

TheNewbie
11-02-2016, 06:39 PM
We had another delay in Italy. I am fearfull of making any predictions at this point as I have now been proven wrong way too many times. Once I know they are in route, I will let you guys know and open the door up for pre-orders. I don't want to piss anyone off any more than I already have.

Thanks for all you do and keeping us updated!

LockedBreech
11-02-2016, 06:47 PM

I imagine there are dozens of these delays in most pistols, we just don't get the play-by-play update like this usually. Beretta stuff has tight quality control and they don't rush, like a more pepperoni-flavored HK. No worries and thanks for the update!

LearnedHat
11-02-2016, 08:02 PM

Do you know the price point? SIAP

Hot Sauce
11-02-2016, 08:27 PM
The plan is for Ameriglo to offer them. I know they are just trying to meet delivery on the Beretta order right now, but I am sure they will stock them. The cool thing is that they are going to have three different height rear sights so you will be able to tune the point of impact to your liking. I think that is really cool :)

This is actually awesome!

The Apprentice
11-02-2016, 08:34 PM

I would imagine that you are far from pissing anyone off. In my opinion you have gone above and beyond with keeping use abreast of what is going on. Besides look at how long we've been waiting for the Gadget.

Clobbersaurus
11-02-2016, 09:39 PM

That is great news, thank you for the follow up.

CoGT3
11-02-2016, 09:58 PM

First, thanks again for the update. I can not imagine what is involving in trying to juggle your vision of the CC, Beretta Italy, BUSA, and Ameriglo to bring this project to fruition. Not to mention BUSA moving from MD to TN, even if the PX4 is made in Italy it has to have consumed BUSA. Keep plugging away, we will be waiting for the results.

Second, great news on the Ameriglo rear sights. Knowing the range of defensive ammo available from 115 gr Barnes bullets to big/slow 147 gr bullets being able to dial POA/POI is a nice luxury. Would love if they would make a version of the rear sight with Tritium inserts and black surrounds like their Operator sights.

Third, don't stop harassing them about a version of the PX4 CC sights for Elite/Brigadier slides. Gotta put a set on my Brig Tact and the EL 92 when available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

spinmove_
11-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Great question. I just today went over the 49,000 round mark. I shot about 400 rounds today and the gun ran great with no issues. In looking at the frame, there seems to be very little wear and I have not noticed any increase in wear marks on the barrel or slide (internal) in the last 15 or 20K. Also, the outside wear and tear seems to be settling in as well. Considering I use the same two holsters with this gun for almost everything, that should not be surprising.

I think I will likely break the 50K mark some time next week. I plan on shooting some groups then, but I have not noticed any issues with accuracy dropping off at all. Again, looking at the design, there seems to be very little stress on the frame and all the lock up happens in the slide of the gun. The cam in the frame just rotates the barrel into place, but all the locking happens in the slide.

So the answer is no, I think this gun would likely go another 50K without any major issues. I plan on sending this one back to Beretta shortly after hitting that 50K mark, maybe I will try to shoot the next one to 100K?

Good to know and glad to hear it's working that well, thanks for the info! I think you should definitely run the next one to 100K just to see what she'll do, but going 50K and still looking that strong is definitely some positive news.

Have you run many 10-round magazines in that pistol? I'm curious to know if there are any hiccups in that department.

alohadoug
11-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Have you run many 10-round magazines in that pistol? I'm curious to know if there are any hiccups in that department.

I'm also curious about this. If I can find a PX4C in this hellhole, I'll be limited to 10 round magazines for it.

LangdonTactical
11-03-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm also curious about this. If I can find a PX4C in this hellhole, I'll be limited to 10 round magazines for it.

I have not even held a 10 round magazine in my hand, much less shot one. Sorry guys, I have zero feedback for you there.

SteveB
11-03-2016, 02:58 PM

I have 10-round mag experience with the FS 9 & 40 and the 9 compact: No issues.

farscott
11-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Thank you for the update. I rather the pistols be a little late and right versus on-time and not run. I am still in for two. :)

DAB
11-04-2016, 01:02 PM
hope to get one, if i can find it at a local gun shop.

ScotchMan
11-04-2016, 01:40 PM
My 10 round-limited PX4 compact has had no issues either.

I think the 10 round mag "issues" are grossly exaggerated. Glock 10 round mags use a poorly-designed and untested follower which cause issues. And since 60% of guns are Glocks, and 100% of Glocks in shit states use those followers, you get a reputation about 10 round mags. Even those, if you replace the followers with 9mm3, they work fine also (can confirm).

I've never had or heard of an issue with 10 round mags in Berettas, HKs, Walthers, Rugers, S&Ws, Sigs, Tauri, etc. In particular, I think anything made by Mec-Gar is good to go.

Jalez
11-04-2016, 03:21 PM
The HK P30sks comes with factory 10 rounders and I have yet to have any mag related issues with mine through 500 rounds.

On a side note, holding my HK P30sk, then immediately switching to my PX4 Compact 9mm, the PX4 feels lighter to me

Hot Sauce
11-05-2016, 03:20 PM
The HK P30sks comes with factory 10 rounders and I have yet to have any mag related issues with mine through 500 rounds.

On a side note, holding my HK P30sk, then immediately switching to my PX4 Compact 9mm, the PX4 feels lighter to me
Dude, people are not talking about guns designed from the outset for 10 rounds, but larger capacity ones that have limited mags made specifically for ban states.

Jalez
11-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Dude, people are not talking about guns designed from the outset for 10 rounds, but larger capacity ones that have limited mags made specifically for ban states.

Ah, 3rd world problems, got it

I know of no such problem where I live thankfully. Frankly if I couldnt get an OEM 10 round mag and I lived in such a state, I wouldnt purchase the pistol. If my state passed a law limiting me to a mag that wasnt available from OEM, I would sell the pistol

O well, wheres that Compact Carry?

spinmove_
11-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Ah, 3rd world problems, got it

I know of no such problem where I live thankfully. Frankly if I couldnt get an OEM 10 round mag and I lived in such a state, I wouldnt purchase the pistol. If my state passed a law limiting me to a mag that wasnt available from OEM, I would sell the pistol

O well, wheres that Compact Carry?

The primary defining point of the question is that Glock OEM 10 round magazines for the G17/G19 are known to have reliability issues. According to DocGKR OEM magazines that are neutered will generally have quirks of some kind.

Nephrology
11-06-2016, 06:57 AM
The primary defining point of the question is that Glock OEM 10 round magazines for the G17/G19 are known to have reliability issues. According to DocGKR OEM magazines that are neutered will generally have quirks of some kind.

FWIW the 15 rd Glock 17 mags that I picked up seem GTG.

Clobbersaurus
11-06-2016, 10:16 AM

In Canada, we have 10 round mag limits on pistol mags. So we have to shoot "pinned" mags (mags that are neutered to block the follower to only hold ten rounds) or factory OEM 10 round mags.:mad:

This is just an opinion of one, but I never had a single issue with Glock mags, not one. I find Beretta mags to be more susceptible to dirt and grit and require more regular cleaning than Glock mags. Generally though, I can't remember an appreciable difference in reliability between OEM and neutered mags for both brands. I do find pinned mags are easier to load rounds into though.

I just bought a full size PX4 and I have 5 factory 10 round mags with it so I'll be posting in the PX4 full size thread about reliability.

MSparks909
11-06-2016, 12:37 PM
On a different mag related note, 15 round PX4 C mags have been very difficult to find over the past few days. Wish I wouldn't have waited this long to pick up extra mags.

Edit: Beretta USA has PX4 C mags in stock. They're running a 20% discount code because of the election. $32/mag before shipping/tax.

LockedBreech
11-06-2016, 01:51 PM
On a different mag related note, 15 round PX4 C mags have been very difficult to find over the past few days. Wish I wouldn't have waited this long to pick up extra mags.

Edit: Beretta USA has PX4 C mags in stock. They're running a 20% discount code because of the election. $32/mag before shipping/tax.

Thanks for the tip on the sale. My PX4 mags are 8 years old, and while I've never had a bobble from them, this is probably an overdue purchase.

pangloss
11-07-2016, 08:10 PM

Here's another thank you for letting us know about that discount code. Now if I ever buy a PX4C, I'll be assured of having some standard capacity mags to use with it.

Jalez
11-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Yes thanks, I picked up two more 15 round mags for my PX4 Compact, it's my favorite pistol to shoot so the mags I had were already getting abused.

Gary1911A1
11-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Another thank you. I purchased three mags with free ground shipping so I almost decided to get 4 and I don't even have a PX4 Compact yet. Midway is also having a sale on holsters for anyone interested. Yes I'm that type who buys magazines and holster for a pistol I don't have yet.

Hot Sauce
11-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Friends, this source is good to go: http://vizardsgunsandammo.com/ber-px4-cmpt-9mm-xmag-bl-15/

busykngt
11-08-2016, 04:20 PM
That is the correct SKU number to buy: JM88400 for the PX4 Compact.

tb469
11-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Is this thing going to make it out before the end of the year?

Edwin
11-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Doubtful.

GJM
11-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Perhaps Beretta was waiting for the election results to decide whether to include 15 or 6 round magazines.

LangdonTactical
11-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Is this thing going to make it out before the end of the year?

I sure hope so. I talked to Beretta this morning. The guns are built and they are waiting on the replacement front sights from Ameriglo. There is also approval to have them Air Freighted from Italy. I am waiting to hear where the sights are in the process right now. "IF" they are there and or on the way to Italy, this should all go down quickly and Christmas will be great :)

LangdonTactical
11-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Perhaps Beretta was waiting for the election results to decide whether to include 15 or 6 round magazines.

Well we know what the answer is there :D

DAB
11-15-2016, 01:22 PM
on a bummer note, the new IDPA rules have changed the size of a BUG, and now a Px4 compact will not fit in the BUG category. box size changed and the size is too small, plus it's too heavy. so back to either CCP if you have stealth levers, or SSP with stock levers (F model). oh well. and the full size no longer fits in the CCP box either. guess i'm shooting SSP going forward. or CCP with the compact version (at a great disadvantage, with a barrel of 3.27", and the max barrel is now 4-3/8"...sigh).

i'll keep looking for the compact carry later this year. thanks for the updates.

That Guy
11-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Um... No rule changes have been announced yet. Perhaps it might be a good idea to wait and see what the published rule book will say?

Edwin
11-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Um... No rule changes have been announced yet. Perhaps it might be a good idea to wait and see what the published rule book will say?

The draft 2017 rulebook shows the changes he mentioned. The full size PX4 is now 3.5 mm too tall for CCP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That Guy
11-16-2016, 12:06 AM
What my point was, is that it's only a draft, not the final outcome. They might still change things based on the feedback they get.

DAB
11-16-2016, 10:56 AM
some small changes are to be expected, but i think, given all the work that has gone into the new rules, any changes will be small. so i'm planning next year's shooting with these rules in mind. accuracy will matter a lot more going forward. aim!

That Guy
11-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah, the one second penalty per point down is pretty much guaranteed to stay, since they first announced the change way back when. But I think something like the CCP box size might change a bit, if people point out good reasons for it.

CGA
11-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Couple of questions about the Compact Carry:

1. Will it include the metal trigger, or the standard polymer trigger?
2. Is the gray Cerakote finish a rough/matte type of finish, or is it a smooth/glossy finish? ... hard to tell from pics.
3. I've read in various places that the slide is "thinner". Does this mean the actual dimensions of the slide, or are they just talking about the overall width of the slide with the low-profile controls?

Thanks.

busykngt
11-16-2016, 04:38 PM
The differences were outlined by EL in Post #518 of this thread.

CGA
11-16-2016, 05:10 PM
The differences were outlined by EL in Post #518 of this thread.

518? Not seeing them.

DAB
11-16-2016, 05:15 PM
513:

"Well, yes and no.

Here is the current plan:

PX4 Compact G Safety (with grip inserts)
Special Trigger group (competition trigger group, coated parts and special springs)
Special Ameriglow Sights, Plain black square notch rear with a Orange front TCAP night sight. Supposed to be .122" wide
Stealth Safety levers and slide stop with frame plug installed
Medium size magazine button
Three magazines, Hopefully at least one of them will be the extended 17 round magazine
Sniper Gray Cerakote slide (has to look different in the case somehow or people will not even know it is there, makes a cool two tone look)
Talon grips in the box with the gun (stippling is way to time consuming on a production gun, cost would be crazy!)
Certificate for 10% discount on a LTT class

There you have it, I think it is going to be a great package for a great price."

saved you a click.

busykngt
11-16-2016, 07:25 PM
DAB has it right. I was going from a failed memory. (Thanks DAB)

LangdonTactical
11-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Couple of questions about the Compact Carry:

1. Will it include the metal trigger, or the standard polymer trigger?
2. Is the gray Cerakote finish a rough/matte type of finish, or is it a smooth/glossy finish? ... hard to tell from pics.
3. I've read in various places that the slide is "thinner". Does this mean the actual dimensions of the slide, or are they just talking about the overall width of the slide with the low-profile controls?

Thanks.

It will not have the Metal Trigger, and now having shot both quite a bit, I would not spend the money to put one in mind. All mine have the plastic trigger back in them and they are running fine.

I would call the slide finish smooth but more of a satin finish, but not glossy.

Just the levers are thinner, the slide is the same as a standard gun.

evi1joe
11-17-2016, 08:01 PM
I have been reading the thread off and on, but how big is the grip compared to say a G19 (which is too big and rectangular for me--but I shoot them well) or a VP9 (which feels great even if it might not index as well as the block)?
Pictures make it look pretty big and round/oval shaped.
I loved the SMALL version of the p320s--they fit me the best I think.
I know many people say don't try to find a grip that fits perfectly, but I just prefer a gun that feels good in my carny hands.

busykngt
11-17-2016, 09:21 PM
"Feel" is such a subjective question to answer, the best thing is to go to a local gun store or range and try a 'test fit' to see if you like it or not. It's a double stack magazine so the grip (thickness) won't be unlike a Glock in that regard.

Edwin
11-17-2016, 10:36 PM
What kind of light are people mounting on their PX4? I'm going to be using mine as my primary carry and since it gets dark here in the PNW at 4 PM, I'm going to need a light.

Also, has anyone done or seen someone doing a slide mounted optic? I know there are rear dovetail options, but I'd like to get something more permanent.

Hot Sauce
11-17-2016, 10:37 PM
I have been reading the thread off and on, but how big is the grip compared to say a G19 (which is too big and rectangular for me--but I shoot them well) or a VP9 (which feels great even if it might not index as well as the block)?
Pictures make it look pretty big and round/oval shaped.
I loved the SMALL version of the p320s--they fit me the best I think.
I know many people say don't try to find a grip that fits perfectly, but I just prefer a gun that feels good in my carny hands. It is a bit less blocky and rounded compared to a Glock. Might be a hair skinnier width wise.

OnionsAndDragons
11-18-2016, 12:24 AM
What kind of light are people mounting on their PX4? I'm going to be using mine as my primary carry and since it gets dark here in the PNW at 4 PM, I'm going to need a light.

Also, has anyone done or seen someone doing a slide mounted optic? I know there are rear dovetail options, but I'd like to get something more permanent.

It can't hurt to ask Mark Housel about it; but my WAG is that there just isn't enough room for it. I know that the FPB location in a 92 makes it essentially unfeasible. I have not looked at the inside of a PX4, though. If anyone could do it it would be Mark.

LangdonTactical
11-18-2016, 08:50 AM
So here we are. Just a bit shy of 51,000 rounds through gun number two (gun number one is my carry gun). I shot a bunch of groups yesterday. Shooting groups is not my strong suit for sure. But, the little PX4 shot very well yesterday. I shot 4 different types of ammo through the gun with the best being my current carry load, Federal 147 HST. Best group by far was an all double action group from 25 yards. Measured at just over 2.5 inches, not including a flyer that I called when I shot.
Most of the groups where in the 4-inch range, which is acceptable and makes sense considering the very short sight radius of the compact.

Also, I did finally break a part on the PX4 Compact. The Compact has a little dust cover thing that covers the recoil spring and attaches to the cam block. One of the metal tabs that attaches this to the cam block broke and I found it last Friday morning. Not sure when that piece broke as it has been at least 1000 rounds since I had the gun apart. I just took the dust cover thing off and re-assembled the gun without that part. It has over 1000 rounds through it without that dust cover. It is clearly not needed for the function of the gun.

I will likely send this gun back to Beretta now.

LearnedHat
11-18-2016, 10:22 AM

Definitely - tell them you must have just got a lemon. :)

LockedBreech
11-18-2016, 10:36 AM
So here we are. Just a bit shy of 51,000 rounds through gun number two (gun number one is my carry gun). I shot a bunch of groups yesterday. Shooting groups is not my strong suit for sure. But, the little PX4 shot very well yesterday. I shot 4 different types of ammo through the gun with the best being my current carry load, Federal 147 HST. Best group by far was an all double action group from 25 yards. Measured at just over 2.5 inches, not including a flyer that I called when I shot.
Most of the groups where in the 4-inch range, which is acceptable and makes sense considering the very short sight radius of the compact.

Also, I did finally break a part on the PX4 Compact. The Compact has a little dust cover thing that covers the recoil spring and attaches to the cam block. One of the metal tabs that attaches this to the cam block broke and I found it last Friday morning. Not sure when that piece broke as it has been at least 1000 rounds since I had the gun apart. I just took the dust cover thing off and re-assembled the gun without that part. It has over 1000 rounds through it without that dust cover. It is clearly not needed for the function of the gun.

I know the piece you mean, and mine has gone a lot longer without any issues with it, definitely sounds like a one-off. Pretty cool it was able to run without it though.

LangdonTactical
11-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Definitely - tell them you must have just got a lemon. :)

LOL, funny. The plan was to send it back to Beretta at 50K for a while now. I think it will be displayed at SHOT Show.

GJM
11-18-2016, 02:24 PM
LOL, funny. The plan was to send it back to Beretta at 50K for a while now. I think it will be displayed at SHOT Show.

As long as cartridges don't end up inserted in a magazine backwards, nobody will notice what you are doing here.

LangdonTactical
11-21-2016, 01:58 PM
As long as cartridges don't end up inserted in a magazine backwards, nobody will notice what you are doing here.

LOL, very funny. I see what you did there :)

Olim9
11-22-2016, 02:49 AM
Is there any way I can find out if I can carry this gun or not? I'm pretty skinny and I live in South Florida but it's either this or the RAMI BD if I somehow figure out I can't carry a Glock 19 sized gun. Would it be a good idea to order some el cheapo AIWB holster and a PX4C bluegun as some way to see if I could actually do it? I currently only carry a Shield.

Edwin
11-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Is there any way I can find out if I can carry this gun or not? I'm pretty skinny and I live in South Florida but it's either this or the RAMI BD if I somehow figure out I can't carry a Glock 19 sized gun. Would it be a good idea to order some el cheapo AIWB holster and a PX4C bluegun as some way to see if I could actually do it? I currently only carry a Shield.

Pantera's on 73rd and NW 36th has them if you want to go to a place to see it. Call them first to make sure they still have it. I'd also check Lou's in Hialeah to see if they have one.

ROLL612
11-28-2016, 04:52 PM
I sure hope so. I talked to Beretta this morning. The guns are built and they are waiting on the replacement front sights from Ameriglo. There is also approval to have them Air Freighted from Italy. I am waiting to hear where the sights are in the process right now. "IF" they are there and or on the way to Italy, this should all go down quickly and Christmas will be great :)

I try not to ask more than every 2 weeks. Any update?:)

LTC77406
11-28-2016, 09:42 PM
I try not to ask more than every 2 weeks. Any update?:)

Saw a post on Instagram 2 days ago from, I'm guessing, a credible source saying sights are still not at the Beretta factory. It's the internet so......

LangdonTactical
12-01-2016, 07:02 AM
The replacement sights landed in Italy last Friday. I am waiting for an update now. I was told the guns were built and all that needed to be done was install the sights and finish assembly, testing and packaging. Not sure how long that will take.

Hoping to hear more very soon.

LearnedHat
12-01-2016, 11:08 AM
The replacement sights landed in Italy last Friday. I am waiting for an update now. I was told the guns were built and all that needed to be done was install the sights and finish assembly, testing and packaging. Not sure how long that will take.

It is probably hidden inside this thread somewhere but what was the process on choosing AmeriGlo? Originally, didn't you put Trijicon sights on your gun? Are there other options if one is building one out?

GJM
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM

tell them I will take two with no sights -- just put the Ameriglo sights in a plastic bag in the box.

Colt191145lover
12-01-2016, 12:46 PM
tell them I will take two with no sights -- just put the Ameriglo sights in a plastic bag in the box.
I have 2 that need those sights , im sure we could work something out ; )

Edwin
12-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm with GJM, I just want the sights for my full size PX4.

Swamp Buddy
12-01-2016, 04:26 PM

I am with you need sights for my full size and my compact. I am a old man. I will not live for ever.

LearnedHat
12-01-2016, 05:21 PM

Are the Trijicon HD night sights no bueno?

spinmove_
12-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Several sources report that the Trijicon HDs consistently exhibit POI issues. Usually the sights will print too low, especially at distance.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

LearnedHat
12-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Several sources report that the Trijicon HDs consistently exhibit POI issues. Usually the sights will print too low, especially at distance.

I saw the review by Chris Baker of LuckyGunner.com but did not know if it was just for the Compact or if the Full Size were off too.

Willard
12-01-2016, 05:44 PM
It is probably hidden inside this thread somewhere but what was the process on choosing AmeriGlo? Originally, didn't you put Trijicon sights on your gun? Are there other options if one is building one out?

From Post 414:

OK, I had a long meeting with Beretta today. Things are moving forward. But, we are not getting any love from Trijicon all of a sudden. No calls back, etc.

Any other sight options that we should look as another option? Maybe we can find another company that wants to play?

Edwin
12-01-2016, 06:01 PM

The front sight is also too thick making shots out to 25 yards more difficult than necessary.

LearnedHat
12-02-2016, 10:41 AM

Apparently Trijicon thinks everything is hunky-dory:

"Thank you for your interest in Trijicon® products. We’ve seen minimal feedback regarding POA/POI issues with ANY PX4 pistols, so you should feel confident. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance."

I may give it a try for my full size -- Right now, GlowOn paint is doing the trick.

spinmove_
12-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Apparently Trijicon thinks everything is hunky-dory:

"Thank you for your interest in Trijicon[emoji768] products. We’ve seen minimal feedback regarding POA/POI issues with ANY PX4 pistols, so you should feel confident. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance."

I may give it a try for my full size -- Right now, GlowOn paint is doing the trick.

That's probably because most shooters that have the relatively low sample size of a PX4 AND Trijicon HDs aren't shooting out to 25 yards and beyond, which would be an even lower sample size. That is, of course, a guess. I could be wrong. But given the consistent reports of members here with that combo and/or Trijicon HD users in general AND the fact that Trijicon does make different height fronts for Glocks tells me that there is something amiss.

Clobbersaurus
12-02-2016, 08:42 PM
That's probably because most shooters that have the relatively low sample size of a PX4 AND Trijicon HDs aren't shooting out to 25 yards and beyond, which would be an even lower sample size.

Bingo. Myself one other guy in my club (who also happens to be an IPSC competitor) are the only guys I see shooting pistols at 25 yards on a regular basis.

Our club has over 3000 members.

Johnny Bravo
12-03-2016, 02:05 PM
I just put a set of HD's on my .40 S&W PX-4c and POI is at the top of the front sight at 15 yards. For my eyes it's a traditional 6 o'clock hold.

I'm OK with that but I would like to get a chance to shoot it out to 25-30 soon, just to see where it prints.

Johnny Walker
12-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Forgot to post this, but here's a recent video of me running the PX4 full-size. Please ignore the terrible pocket reload. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKY1d8PDofc/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Loved the vest pocket dump pouch maneuver!

LangdonTactical
12-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Soooo close to making an announcement. Things are looking good :)

MSparks909
12-06-2016, 02:38 PM
The skies are parting :eek:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have one by Christmas. #Optimistic

Edwin
12-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Hey Ernest, Get them to make a PX4 fullsize with a red dot like that P320RX. :D

JPedersen
12-06-2016, 07:24 PM

Yes! Excited to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LTC77406
12-06-2016, 09:39 PM

Checking Instagram hourly.

BJV
12-07-2016, 01:28 PM

I've been reading PF.com for years, but this thread (and specifically the question above) caused me to register. Thanks for all the knowledge shared on this forum over the years -- it is appreciated and has shaped me as a student of the gun.

So regarding the question above about WML compatibility with the PX4c, what have people actually tried on the gun with success? Will the TLR-1 and X300 fit?

Colt191145lover
12-07-2016, 01:32 PM
I've been reading PF.com for years, but this thread (and specifically the question above) caused me to register. Thanks for all the knowledge shared on this forum over the years -- it is appreciated and has shaped me as a student of the gun.

So regarding the question above about WML compatibility with the PX4c, what have people actually tried on the gun with success? Will the TLR-1 and X300 fit?

Unfortunately no, they will not fit.

BJV
12-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately no, they will not fit.

Thanks for the reply.

Damn. This harshes my mellow.

I assume only "compact" lights like the TLR-3 will fit.

Colt191145lover
12-07-2016, 01:48 PM
As far as I am aware , someone more knowledgeable might chime in about what compact lights fit it. I too wish the made the dust cover just a bit longer to accommodate a standard light. But I do not find it to be a deal breaker.

DAB
12-07-2016, 02:24 PM
light: http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/crimson-rail-master-white-light-for-beretta/cmr-202/

laser: http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/rail-master-laser-crimson-trace-for-beretta/cmr-201/

jetfire
12-07-2016, 05:18 PM
The XC1 will work on the Storm.

That Guy
12-08-2016, 04:13 AM
Will the TLR-1 and X300 fit?

No experience with the compact version, but a TLR-1 works fine with a full size PX4.

LangdonTactical
12-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Damn. This harshes my mellow.

I assume only "compact" lights like the TLR-3 will fit.

Yes, the TRL 3 and TRL 4 will fit.

CoGT3
12-08-2016, 03:03 PM
The XC1 will work on the Storm.

Full size or compact? Compact rail looks a little short for XC1, but have not been able to find anybody say definitely not.

LangdonTactical
12-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Full size or compact? Compact rail looks a little short for XC1, but have not been able to find anybody say definitely not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro No, the XC1 will not fit the PX4 Compact. The only ones that fit that I have found so far are the CTC lite and the TRL 3 & 4.

jetfire
12-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Sorry, I should have clarified I was talking about the full-size gun.

LangdonTactical
12-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified I was talking about the full-size gun.

Yeah, the XC1 should fit on the full size gun with no problem.

CoGT3
12-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks Caleb and EL. Figured the XC1 would be a little long for the compact. Not looking to carry with light, but if the CC works out will be getting an extra as a "downstairs " gun for the house. Would like to have some light source if needed. TRL would do the trick.

CoGT3
12-10-2016, 07:38 PM
This junk is about to get real:

I just replaced the slot in my safe occupied by my previous carry CZ Custom Protek with a stack of Benjamins.

Have an OWB and IWB JM Custom Kydex holsters in the house.

Extra mags from Beretta USA's recent sale are here.

Have 400 rds of Winchester NATO to loosen up the recoil spring, case of 147gr HST for reliability testing, and a case of 147gr Speer FMJ for practice.

Only one thing missing.

Will resume checking Instagram every morning I wake up.

MSparks909
12-11-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm chomping at the bit for one of these and a M9A3 G. Both of which are vaporware right now :rolleyes: Fingers crossed the PX4 CC will be out by Christmas...

LangdonTactical
12-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I just ordered 100 #12lb hammer springs from Wilson Combat. I will need them soon :)

MSparks909
12-13-2016, 02:06 PM
I just ordered 100 #12lb hammer springs from Wilson Combat. I will need them soon :)

Ohh snap! Getting really anxious now :D

CoGT3
12-13-2016, 02:52 PM

Only a 100? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LangdonTactical
12-13-2016, 05:54 PM
52,000 round report

Pistol: Beretta PX4 Compact
Caliber: 9mm
Ammunition: Federal AE 115, Federal AE 124, Federal AE 147, Speer 124 FMJ, Win 147 SXT, Winchester WinClean 115, Freedom 115, Handloaded 147 Zero JHP, Federal 147HST, SuperVel 115 JHP, Winchester 124 FMJ, Federal 115 JHP +P+
Dates of Testing: June 2015 to December 2016
Total rounds fired: 52,000+
Stoppages:18 (all with Winchester WinClean except one with my reloads and oversized 9mm case)(mostly failure to fires with lead-free WinClean primers)
Malfunctions: 0
Breakages:0*
* did break one part but it did not cause a malfunction or stoppage per the guidelines of the 2,000 testing rules. At just over 49,000 the tab that holds the dust cover/assembly guide onto the barrel, cam broke in half on one side. I did not notice until I took the gun apart to lube before a range session. Could have happened anytime in the previous 1500 or so rounds fired. Took the part off the barrel cam and reassembled the gun without the part installed. Gun ran fine with the part removed for another 2000 rounds before I replaced that part.

Many of you have kept up with my post here. This has been my main gun for the last year or so and it has truly changed my mind about the PX4 as a handgun. This gun still holds 3" or better groups at 25yards with good ammo. I have learned to shoot this gun as well if not better than my full-size 92s. It is very easy to work on and with quality ammunition, it has proven to be as reliable as any gun I have ever run. Close inspection of the gun shows very little wear on the internal parts and at this point, I think it may easily go another 50K without any issues.

I took some pictures of the insides of the gun for those of you that are interested.

Gun ships back to Beretta USA tomorrow for their evaluation.

farscott
12-13-2016, 06:06 PM
The little wear for so many rounds is truly impressive. It appears to be a very robust design combined with great manufacturing.

Clobbersaurus
12-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Thank you for creating this thread. You had some very impressive results and the wear to that gun looks very minimal. Your evaluation and testing of this gun is the reason why I bought a PX4!

Ernest, I was wondering how did your mags hold up during the test?

TCinVA
12-13-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm curious about the magazine lifespan, too.

I've wondered if putting lower weight mainsprings in the PX4 and the 92 series would lead to a shorter life of critical parts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

GJM
12-13-2016, 09:59 PM
I look forward to testing reduced springs, with an Ernest trigger job, and doing my best to wear a PX4 C out.

Swamp Buddy
12-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, are you still using Lucas gun oil.

fixer
12-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Ernest, any thoughts on the reasons for the Win-Clean ammo failures?

Thanks for the detailed tear down report on the PX4.

LangdonTactical
12-14-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm curious about the magazine lifespan, too.

I've wondered if putting lower weight mainsprings in the PX4 and the 92 series would lead to a shorter life of critical parts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Almost every round fired through gun number two was with a reduced power hammer spring. That is the only spring in the gun that I changed from factory settings and it did not seem to affect anything other than making the trigger pull in DA much lighter.

rauchman
12-14-2016, 10:40 AM
With the short barrel are velocities impaired to any significant degree?

LangdonTactical
12-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, are you still using Lucas gun oil.

Yes, most of the shooting was done with the Lucas Gun oil. I did shoot a couple thousand rounds using Fire Clean, a few thousand with Wilson Ultima Lube.

I used some Enos Slide Glide on the barrel cam for part of the test as well. Thinking that would be a critical lube area. I will say that after 52K, and getting lazy and not having that with me, I gave up on that around 30K. It did not seem to make any difference in reliability.

LangdonTactical
12-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Ernest, any thoughts on the reasons for the Win-Clean ammo failures?

Thanks for the detailed tear down report on the PX4.

Bottom line is that most Police Departments have given up on WinClean for reliability issues. Mainly the primers seem to have a two-year shelf life before they start dying and not firing reliably at all. I was very lucky to have been able to get large quantities of this ammo at the very best prices you can imagine. So I shot a ton of it in this gun.

I have seen malfunctions with this ammo at every police department that uses it. Not just failures to fire, but feeding issues and extraction issues. It has a very inconsistent loading and often with have a very weak charge that does not cycle the gun well. Basically this is just crap training ammo, I cannot blame any of these malfunctions on the gun, but I have to report them.

LangdonTactical
12-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Thank you for creating this thread. You had some very impressive results and the wear to that gun looks very minimal. Your evaluation and testing of this gun is the reason why I bought a PX4!

Ernest, I was wondering how did your mags hold up during the test?

The magazines held up very well. I did have a few failures to feed around the 42,000 round mark. This is when I replaced the springs and did the little rebuild (recoil spring, firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor, extractor spring, etc.) at this time I also replaced all my magazine springs in the main magazines I was using all the time. I would say given the cycle speed of the PX4 Compact, having weak magazine springs could have been the reason for the failures to feed. Meaning those rounds have to get up in front of the slide very quickly to feed correctly. I have had no issues since.

These are three of the original magazines that I got with the guns from Beretta. They have been run hard and springs replaced once. Of note is the top two mags with the plus two bottoms from the full size 20 round magazines. They were run the most out of all my mags as I have four set up exactly like this. You can see where I cut the corners off the front of the magazines to make them easier to load, kind of like MecGar mags.

I had much fewer rust issues than I thought I would have. Just a little here and there, not as much as I would expect from a blued steel magazine. More so in my carry mags as my body sweat would get to them more than my training mags.

I plan to have these mags NP3 coated and keep using them.

Clobbersaurus
12-14-2016, 10:28 PM

Thank you for the response, I really want to try the corner cut mod you did in the pic above!

GJM
12-14-2016, 10:52 PM
Seems like offering the mags with the corner cut and NP3 afterwards would be a great option.

LangdonTactical
12-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Boom! It’s finally here – the NEW PX4 Compact Carry! I’m excited to announce my partnership with Robar to bring you the PX4 Compact Carry with options to have me change our the hammer springs, perform a trigger job and/or add the Robar NP3 finish.

Still working on that Christmas list? We have LIMITED SUPPLY AVAILABLE – you can pre-order for January shipment with this link:https://robarguns.com/pro-shop/product/beretta-px4-compact-carry-pre-order/

This is the first public posting of this just for the PF members and the people watching this thread. It goes public tomorrow!

If you have any questions, let me know!

farscott
12-15-2016, 07:36 PM
I am suddenly $2000 poorer. Feels great. :)

Bummy425
12-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Boom! It’s finally here – the NEW PX4 Compact Carry! I’m excited to announce my partnership with Robar to bring you the PX4 Compact Carry with options to have me change our the hammer springs, perform a trigger job and/or add the Robar NP3 finish.

Still working on that Christmas list? We have LIMITED SUPPLY AVAILABLE – you can pre-order for January shipment with this link:https://robarguns.com/pro-shop/product/beretta-px4-compact-carry-pre-order/

This is the first public posting of this just for the PF members and the people watching this thread. It goes public tomorrow!

If you have any questions, let me know!
Omg I have NO will power! Just dropped a K.....[emoji24] [emoji3] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Bummy425
12-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Ernest....do you do trigger/action jobs on 92's?

JPC
12-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Order Placed! [emoji482]

JPedersen
12-15-2016, 07:57 PM
2 on the way !!! Over the top excited.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bummy425
12-15-2016, 07:58 PM
So thats six in the first six minutes!

MSparks909
12-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Whooo Christmas came early!!!

Order placed :cool:

Buy my HKs people! I need money!

JPC
12-15-2016, 08:52 PM
you can pre-order for January shipment with

I guess I should have asked before I ordered, but we are talking about January 2017 right? Website says "expected to ship within 3 -4 of purchase" - hopefully we are not talking about 3-4 months... or even years...[emoji848][emoji16]

CoGT3
12-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Had a funny feeling today was the day. Done 8 operations today so far and have been checking here and Instagram between each one.

In for the full Monty.

Any chance for some bobbed hammers [emoji48]

ROLL612
12-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Mod 4 ordered. Thanks!

alohadoug
12-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Christ I hate this thread and all of you! Actually I hate this state!!

LockedBreech
12-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Next time I'm trying to talk myself into buying the latest gun-of-the-month because of a great sale I found, I'm going to remind myself of this ice-clear, horrible moment where I ran out of fun money and missed an early shot at an utterly awesome gun.

YVK
12-16-2016, 12:58 AM
Mod2 x 1 for evaluation. I recently shot a subcompact PX4 for a little, was very impressed. Wonder if any gun(s) would unseat my HKs.

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Ernest....do you do trigger/action jobs on 92's?

The plan is to open the door back up on 92 Trigger Jobs soon. I need to get through this batch of PX4 Compacts first. Something tells me I will be doing a lot of trigger work on them in the next month or so.

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 07:30 AM
I guess I should have asked before I ordered, but we are talking about January 2017 right? Website says "expected to ship within 3 -4 of purchase" - hopefully we are not talking about 3-4 months... or even years...[emoji848][emoji16]

The guns are shipping air from Italy today. They have to clear customs, but I should have the guns in my hands the first week of January, 2017. I will get the work done and shipped out on a first ordered first delivered basis. Mod 3 and 4 guns will take a little longer as we have to do the prep work and NP3 on those key parts.

GJM
12-16-2016, 07:40 AM
I have been asked, on the NP3 package pistols, whether the NP3 will be applied over the factory slide finish, or will that first be stripped?

On 92 models, there are a few edges on the slide that are dehorned by some, how is the PX slide in that regard?

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 07:49 AM
I have been asked, on the NP3 package pistols, whether the NP3 will be applied over the factory slide finish, or will that first be stripped?

On 92 models, there are a few edges on the slide that are dehorned by some, how is the PX slide in that regard?

Good question. We are not refinishing the slide on these guns. They have a sniper gray Cerakote on the slide and we will leave that in place. NP3 will go on the barrel, barrel cam, hammer pin, trigger pin, sear, trigger bar, hammer strut, and all three magazines. The goal is to keep the outside of the gun gray and black as it is coming from Beretta.

As to de-horning the slide, I did not see the need to do that on the PX4. I for sure do that on my 92s, but I had no issues with the PX4 and sharp edges.

GJM
12-16-2016, 08:37 AM
Perfect!

LostDuke
12-16-2016, 12:01 PM
I tried, I really tried. I couldn't resist. Ordered one with all the bells and whistles.

A question for EL: I have a run of the mill compact, will you do your magic on it if I send it over?

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 12:49 PM
I tried, I really tried. I couldn't resist. Ordered one with all the bells and whistles.

A question for EL: I have a run of the mill compact, will you do your magic on it if I send it over?

We are going to look at some packages for customer guns. I plan to turn a PX4 full size into a Mod 4 gun :)

Edwin
12-16-2016, 05:40 PM
We are going to look at some packages for customer guns. I plan to turn a PX4 full size into a Mod 4 gun :)

This is what I've been waiting for since before the Compact Carry has been a thing. I just need to figure out how to slide mount a red dot.

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 05:52 PM
This is what I've been waiting for since before the Compact Carry has been a thing. I just need to figure out how to slide mount a red dot.

I think there is room on the PX4.

GJM
12-16-2016, 06:00 PM
I think there is room on the PX4.

All we need is the optic worthy of mounting. Aimpoint, where are you?

ROLL612
12-17-2016, 01:18 PM
So will this gun fit properly in a px4 compact kydex?

GJM
12-17-2016, 03:20 PM
So will this gun fit properly in a px4 compact kydex?

As I understand it, Ernest has worked with Tony at JM to develop a Langdon PX4 Compact specific George appendix holster. I ordered one a few days ago.

GJM
12-17-2016, 03:31 PM
In Wichita, for recurrent flight training, and landed amidst 30 knot winds, 15F temps and snow. Took the dog for a 30 minute hike and immediately headed to Gander Mountain, to coonfinger a PX4 Compact. With cold, and thus slippery hands, the OEM Beretta texture was extremely slippery. Enough so, it would seem to impair good shooting. I definitely will be applying the Talon grip included with the Langdon version.

Other impressions were the out of the box trigger was better than a tuned HK. The grooves on the slide wee thin, and I will likely add a few spots of skateboard tape. The mag release was too small, the FS levers too large and sharp, the slide stop obtrusive, and the mag release too small. Ernest obviously addressed all these issues with his pistol, and he should be commended for providing an out of the box solution! Wonder if the Talon will be the long term solution, or if Cold Bore or another stipple job will be desirable if this become a long term keeper for me.

Stopped in another store, and was educated on the fine art of shooting by the helpful staff, who offer to explain to me "what reset was," and how that would help my shooting. My wife saw a FDE 43 and thought that was desirable as a companion piece to her all black 43.