PDA

View Full Version : Iron Cross Super Dave Harrington Style

AfterWork_Ninja
02-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I saw this one on S.W.A.T Magizine T.V. the other night. I haven't shot it yet, but I have included in my dry-fire rotation.

Details
Distance 10 yds. (approximated)
Target Warren Tactical target WTS-2 (IDPA style)
Number of Rounds 24
Par time 54 seconds
Scoring Add 5 points (2.5 seconds) for each miss
Skills Developed Stance, Grip, Sight Picture, Trigger Control

Procedure:

For all positions, start standing hands naturally at sides. Note: Muzzle awareness is paramount throughout the drill, as these shooting positions are non-standard and require advance gun manipulation skills.

Position 1: Facing down range
String 1: Draw and fire 1 round at the target free style (using 2 handed grip)
String 2: Draw and fire 1 round at the target using your dominant hand
String 3: Draw (dominant hand), transfer the gun to the support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand
String 4: Draw using only your support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand

Position 2: Facing 90 right of down range
String 3: Draw (dominant hand), transfer the gun to the support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand
String 4: Draw using only your support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand

Position 3: Facing up range
String 1-4 Rotate to the Left, String 5-8 Rotate to the Right
String 5: Draw and fire 1 round at the target free style (using 2 handed grip)
String 6: Draw and fire 1 round at the target using your dominant hand
String 7: Draw (dominant hand), transfer the gun to the support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand
String 8: Draw using only your support hand and fire 1 round at the target using your support hand

Position 4: Facing 90 left of down range

Position 5: Facing down range (same as Position 1)

Video and original source here:

http://www.eeul.com/mb/2010/07/iron-cross-eiserne-kreuz-super-dave-harrington-style/

Jay Cunningham
02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
One of the best pure gun-handling drills I've ever done.

Aray
02-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I agree Jay. Best performed when nearly hypothermic, wearing gloves, in a snow/freezing rain environment.

MEH
02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
"The concept behind this exercise, if you're going to rely on a handgun in any capacity, you should be equally proficient with either hand." - Dave Harrington

Emphasis mine. Really drives home something that I have not really incorporated into my training as of yet. It starts today.

JV_
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I moved the WHO drawing to another thread:
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3066-WHO-Drawing

LHS
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I know the original intent is to access the primary with your non-dominant hand, but it might be an interesting tweak to draw your BUG with the weak hand instead if you're set up for such.