PDA

View Full Version : Ref: Charleston Church Shooting - this guy starts his nonsense

voodoo_man
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM
http://player.theplatform.com/p/2E2eJC/nbcNewsOffsite?guid=f_dc_obama_guns_150618

(full link here (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/charleston-church-shooting-suspect-dylann-roof-captured-north-carolina-n377546))

Seriously, it's not even 24hrs later and he starts with this crap again.

Is this a tragedy? Totally, I am saddened that this occurred.

Does banning firearms or restricting their possibly possession go towards stopping this? Not even remotely.

Similar situation in Colorado, in 2007 (http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/12/10/colorado-church-gunman-had-grudge-against-christian-group-cops-say.html) - except a guard was armed and took action.

It is pathetic that he jumps right on TV to make this into a political leverage thing instantly.

LSP972
06-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Better stock up on those large capacity ammunition feeding devices, boys...

richiecotite
06-18-2015, 12:25 PM
You started a thread on the murder of 9 people in a church to whine about the President's misguided (and ultimately impotent) railings for gun control?

Stay classy voodoo_man.

Josh Runkle
06-18-2015, 12:26 PM
The president is a constitutional lawyer who most certainly understands that his position on gun control is a violation of and a direct threat against the Constitution of the United States.

breakingtime91
06-18-2015, 12:34 PM
You started a thread on the murder of 9 people in a church to whine about the President's misguided (and ultimately impotent) railings for gun control?

Stay classy voodoo_man.

woah. hey now, this is a site where we pride ourselves on open discussion. He even expresses in his post that it is a tragedy and feels bad about it. Please refrain from personal attacks.

*sorry staff just had to say it

Peally
06-18-2015, 12:44 PM

Stay classy voodoo_man.

The thread isn't about the tragedy as regrettable as they all are, but about the retard sitting in DC spewing bullshit about it 5 minutes later instead of doing his job ;)

NEPAKevin
06-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Lame duck president who probably does not want his legacy to be failed attempts at health care reform and foreign policy, is throwing a hail Mary by going after the second amendment as he no longer has to worry about the gun lobby and probably does not care what it does to Hillary in 2016. He can't wait for the facts when there is a crisis to take advantage of and the news cycle clock is ticking.

LittleLebowski
06-18-2015, 01:13 PM

Stay classy voodoo_man.

I see nothing wrong with this thread. If you want to complain about having no class, talk about the President that is using this as a political platform before the funerals have been scheduled.

Malamute
06-18-2015, 01:14 PM
I wondered if this was going to happen, though it isnt a huge surprise.

Its speculation at this point as to what the gun was, but it was reported in one news report that he reloaded 5 times. Its possible that it was a 1911, and likely wouldnt be covered in any of the misguided magazine/"assault gun" bans usually proposed after such incidents. I am still somehow surprised when people propose new laws and openly admit they wouldnt have changed anything in the event they are responding to. Logic disconnect.

Irelander
06-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I see nothing wrong with this thread. If you want to complain about having no class, talk about the President that is using this as a political platform before the funerals have been scheduled.

My thoughts exactly. I think it is exponentially more egregious for the "leader" of the free world to use a mass shooting like this to push political issues.

What are the gun laws like in Charleston, SC? Is defending yourself allowed there?

This was a horrible act of terrorism and I am saddened by the loss of life. I hope they throw the book at the maniac who did this. My prayers are with the families of those who were killed.

RoyGBiv
06-18-2015, 01:39 PM
From the Daily Mail UK (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3129109/South-Carolina-church-shooter-captured.html)

one of the survivors told her they had urged Roof to stop.
'He just said: "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go",' Sylvia Johnson said

He is pictured left in an earlier mug shot and right in a jacket showing flags of apartheid-era South Africa and one from white-rule Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe
Charming.

Cincinnatus
06-18-2015, 01:43 PM
My thoughts exactly. I think it is exponentially more egregious for the "leader" of the free world to use a mass shooting like this to push political issues.

What are the gun laws like in Charleston, SC? Is defending yourself allowed there?

This was a horrible act of terrorism and I am saddened by the loss of life. I hope they throw the book at the maniac who did this. My prayers are with the families of those who were killed.

Carrying in church is prohibited in SC, so yet another "Gun-free Zone," attack by a murderous psychopath.

Drang
06-18-2015, 02:29 PM
VFTP: This morning's post... (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2015/06/this-mornings-post.html)
Not in church.

ETA: Sorry, thought that was the final post in thread...

Mike C
06-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Edited. Never mind Drang covered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCM
06-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Carrying in church is prohibited in SC, so yet another "Gun-free Zone," attack by a murderous psychopath.

In SC I believe you technically can but you need the Pastor or Church Board's permission. Unlikely when your pastor is a state senator with a history of anti gun votes.

Irelander
06-18-2015, 03:45 PM
...yet another "Gun-free Zone," attack by a murderous psychopath.

This pretty much sums it up in my mind. Very sad that these acts of violence can be thwarted but laws that are meant to protect us won't allow it.

My heart goes out to all affected by this incident.

Gadfly
06-18-2015, 04:09 PM
News is saying that the turd's father had recently bought the turd a .45 cal pistol for his 21st birth day.

Sooooo, if that was the pistol used, and dad legally bought it, what law would have stopped the kid from getting it? Assuming dad is the one who had to pass a background check?

voodoo_man
06-18-2015, 04:28 PM
News is saying that the turd's father had recently bought the turd a .45 cal pistol for his 21st birth day.

Sooooo, if that was the pistol used, and dad legally bought it, what law would have stopped the kid from getting it? Assuming dad is the one who had to pass a background check?

Fox is saying hes got priors, no clue if they are felonies or not...

HCM
06-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Fox is saying hes got priors, no clue if they are felonies or not...

Roof's legal troubles

Public records showed Roof was most recently arrested in March in Lexington County on drug charges. According to a spokesman for the Lexington County Sheriff's Office, he was booked in the detention center on Feb. 28 and again on April 26 after being arrested by the Columbia Police Department.

I understand the March arrest was for possession of a controlled substance - suboxone strips - not prescribed to him. Not sure on the other arrests.

helothar
06-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Roof's legal troubles

Public records showed Roof was most recently arrested in March in Lexington County on drug charges. According to a spokesman for the Lexington County Sheriff's Office, he was booked in the detention center on Feb. 28 and again on April 26 after being arrested by the Columbia Police Department.

I understand the March arrest was for possession of a controlled substance - suboxone strips - not prescribed to him. Not sure on the other arrests.
would that make the gun purchase by the dad a straw purchase since it was bought for someone who was ineligible (unlawful user of controlled substance )?

RoyGBiv
06-18-2015, 06:01 PM
would that make the gun purchase by the dad a straw purchase since it was bought for someone who was ineligible (unlawful user of controlled substance )?

Seems yes.

HCM
06-18-2015, 06:15 PM

Likely. also possibly ineligible if he was under indictment for a felony. Not sure if the Suboxone is a felony on first offense in SC.

MickAK
06-18-2015, 06:37 PM
A couple of things.

Suboxone is a method of kicking opiate addiction. It essentially blocks the effect opiates have on your body, as opposed to Methadone, which is merely a substitute opiate. I haven't seen any info that he was a current drug user, nor is the arrest for possession of Suboxone an indication that he was addicted to opiates.

A lot, mostly negative, will be made of his father purchasing him the (possibly) gun used in the shooting. I do not know him or his father. It's possible that encouraging a hobby he had shown interest in and that requires discipline was his fathers attempt at steering his son towards the right path. I do not judge or condemn him for this, and I hope others will not either.

I don't pray, but my well wishes are with all the families affected.

Jeep
06-18-2015, 06:58 PM
I do pray, and I will pray for those who were murdered in cold blood as well as for their families.

I also will continue to hold in contempt a politician who immediately uses a tragedy like this to score political points and try to advance an agenda. It is positively ghoulish and is yet another manifestation of the "the personal is the political" philosophy that has done so much to damage modern life.

helothar
06-18-2015, 07:00 PM
A couple of things.

Suboxone is a method of kicking opiate addiction. It essentially blocks the effect opiates have on your body, as opposed to Methadone, which is merely a substitute opiate. I haven't seen any info that he was a current drug user, nor is the arrest for possession of Suboxone an indication that he was addicted to opiates.

A lot, mostly negative, will be made of his father purchasing him the (possibly) gun used in the shooting. I do not know him or his father. It's possible that encouraging a hobby he had shown interest in and that requires discipline was his fathers attempt at steering his son towards the right path. I do not judge or condemn him for this, and I hope others will not either.

I don't pray, but my well wishes are with all the families affected.
suboxone can also be abused and is a controlled substance though. so if he didn't have a script for it that would make him ineligible

TAZ
06-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Prayers to the families and their loved ones.

It was a certainty that a millisecond after the news broke the POSIC would jump on it to push an agenda. There go ammo prices again.

mc1911
06-18-2015, 07:18 PM

A question I have for pops is where did his kid get his strong racist views? Maybe he came to them on his own but I find that unlikely.

MickAK
06-18-2015, 07:32 PM
suboxone can also be abused and is a controlled substance though. so if he didn't have a script for it that would make him ineligible

There is no evidence that he was currently a user of an unlawful substance. It can be abused, but I've never met anyone that willingly got high off Suboxone. Possessing it without a script could be an indication that he had a problem, was unwilling to have it outed, and obtained treatment for it without knowledge/consent of a doctor. That isn't good, but it's more common than some people think. If you know or have known someone using Suboxone, it isn't fun, or a party. It's a tool, along with discipline, counseling, and good friends, that can allow people to deal with what is now a medical problem. The life choices, mindset, and lifestyle of someone who is about to get addicted to opiates is not something I have patience for. Once someone has become addicted, unless you advocate a death sentence for such people, it's a medical problem. Period.

GardoneVT
06-18-2015, 07:42 PM
A question I have for pops is where did his kid get his strong racist views? Maybe he came to them on his own but I find that unlikely.

Parents can only do so much.

I know a girl born and raised on a South Dakota farm.Gun loving, conservative, hated leftist dogma.Met her dad, an Air Force vet. He did his part to make sure she opted out of the Britney Spears crowd and it showed.

Last year she moved to LA for a location specific college program. She picks me up from the airport when I visit on winter break, and while the face is the same I don't know who this kale eating feminist is. Suddenly Obama's the savior of the world capitalism sucks and guns are a social problem in America.

People change.

ssb
06-19-2015, 07:24 AM
CNN's reporting that he has confessed. They're also saying that the father gave him birthday money, and that money was used to purchase a handgun from a Charleston gun store (which implies he went through a BG check) in April.

LHS
06-19-2015, 01:26 PM
CNN's reporting that he has confessed. They're also saying that the father gave him birthday money, and that money was used to purchase a handgun from a Charleston gun store (which implies he went through a BG check) in April.

Also reported that he reloaded 5 times. If (and as with most 'reports', that's a big IF) that's the case, sounds like a lo-cap gun like a 1911 or something. If this douche passed a BG check, bought his gun through a licensed dealer, carried it through a no-guns sign, and reloaded repeatedly while executing churchgoers, that pretty much blows out everything the antis could say.

LOKNLOD
06-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Also reported that he reloaded 5 times. If (and as with most 'reports', that's a big IF) that's the case, sounds like a lo-cap gun like a 1911 or something. If this douche passed a BG check, bought his gun through a licensed dealer, carried it through a no-guns sign, and reloaded repeatedly while executing churchgoers, that pretty much blows out everything the antis could say.

To us, it proves that controls are ineffective. To them, it just proves that the end state of "take em all" is the true goal, and remembering that everything in between is just a momentary step.

LittleLebowski
06-19-2015, 01:32 PM

Lots of reports are saying Glock 45 of some sort.

LHS
06-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Lots of reports are saying Glock 45 of some sort.

Yeah, but to the media, every handgun is a Glock

RoyGBiv
06-19-2015, 01:45 PM
From 2012..

Remember This? SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. (http://controversialtimes.com/news/remember-this-sc-concealed-carrier-stops-mass-shooting-during-church-service-zero-casualties/)

RoyGBiv
06-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Dylann Roof Reportedly Almost Didn't Go Through With Church Shooting Because 'Everyone Was So Nice To Him' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/19/dylann-roof-almost-didnt-shoot_n_7621602.html)

NickA
06-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Not to derail but here's an interview from Mike Seeklander's podcast; guy in South Africa stopped AK and grenade-armed terrorists in his church, with a j-frame.

http://americanwarriorshow.libsyn.com/south-african-interview

jc000
06-19-2015, 02:04 PM
I guess this is the full-court press the left has been hoping for – finally the right type of white person has used a gun in a racially motivated mass killing. Sorry to sound so callous, but these following headlines are just sickening:

World shocked at enduring racism, gun violence in US (http://news.yahoo.com/asia-shocked-enduring-racism-gun-violence-us-133146051.html)

Race hatred is a deep sickness in American society (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/opinions/liu-charleston-shooting/index.html)

Without gun control, racism will keep killing black people (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/18/charleston-church-shooting-gun-control-racism-killing-black-people-us)

It's unfortunate that we end up forced into this defensive posture. In a healthy society we could wait until the dead have been honorably put to rest and before having a honest and open conversation. Since we havn'te been afforded that courtesy, IMO we have to be on the offensive here. You can NEVER 100% prevent these outlier events in a free society, and we should NEVER give up our right to defend ourselves. There is no mental health screening policy in existence that any sane, freedom-loving person would be ok with that would prevent these types of events. There are root causes and dynamics at play clearly well beyond worn catchalls like "racism" and "gun violence". When I see how the press and the left handles these events and their causes I think of the following allegory:

A scientist taught a flea to jump on command. Out of curiosity he thought he would do some experiments with his trained flea. "Jump!" he yelled, and the flea jumped six inches into the air. The scientist then pulled off two of the flea's legs and yelled "Jump!". This jump was only four inches high. He ripped off two more legs and the jump was reduced to two inches. After the last two legs came off the flea didn't jump anymore. The scientist then wrote a paper explaining how if you pull all the legs off a flea, the flea goes deaf.

BaiHu
06-19-2015, 02:16 PM
That flea story is awesome.

HCM
06-19-2015, 02:18 PM

TTAG is claiming the suspect purchased the gun himself in April using his birthday money and DID pass a Brady background check. The didn't specify what type of handgun.

Glenn E. Meyer
06-19-2015, 02:36 PM
If guns were banned - does one think that racists would turn them in? Probably not. Given the available number of guns in the USA - you aren't going to dent the guns available to crazies.

Next - there is a strong history of Black self-defense with guns against racists (written by African-American scholars) - go to Amazon and search on "We will shoot back"
and that and related books will appear.

Glenn E. Meyer
06-19-2015, 02:38 PM
He bought the gun in April but was charged with the drug felony in Feb. Not being an expert on the systems:

1. Do charges get entered?
2. Is SC slow to do such?
3. Is the system slow to post if something is reported?

tmoore912
06-19-2015, 02:39 PM
His friend claims he bought a .45 ACP Glock, but no one has asked which model.

Authorities: The Charleston Shooter Bought His Gun in a Store

CNN reports today that the shooter in Charleston did not in fact receive his handgun from his father — possibly in violation of a host of federal and state laws — but bought it himself in a store:

He himself bought the .45-caliber handgun used in the shooting last April at a Charleston gun store, according to the two officials. Earlier, a senior law enforcement official had indicated that [his] father bought him a Glock firearm for his birthday.

This means that he passed a background check — a background check of precisely the sort that gun control advocates wish to extend to all transactions.

As I suggested yesterday, none of President Obama’s proposals have anything whatsoever to do with this case. The killer did not use an “assault weapon” (either as defined by Dianne Feinstein or the defunct 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act); he did not use a “high capacity” magazine; and he did not obtain his gun through a private transaction. Obama can stand up and lecture Americans for not “doing something” if he wishes, but he will eventually have to acknowledge that his own on-the-record ideas simply do not intersect with this case. Is he calling for confiscation now?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420032/charleston-shooter-bought-his-gun-store-charles-c-w-cooke

TAZ
06-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Without gun control, racism will keep killing black people (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/18/charleston-church-shooting-gun-control-racism-killing-black-people-us)

Are they suggesting that Chicago gang bangers are racist?? I'm confused if racism kills then why are all those black kids dying in Chicago. Is there a rash of Racael Dolezal's running around towns all painted up killing folks in the name of the KKK.

HCM
06-19-2015, 03:55 PM
If guns were banned - does one think that racists would turn them in? Probably not. Given the available number of guns in the USA - you aren't going to dent the guns available to crazies.

Next - there is a strong history of Black self-defense with guns against racists (written by African-American scholars) - go to Amazon and search on "We will shoot back"
and that and related books will appear.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-winkler/mlk-and-his-guns_b_810132.html

Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.

William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that once, during a visit to King's parsonage, he went to sit down on an armchair in the living room and, to his surprise, almost sat on a loaded gun. Glenn Smiley, an adviser to King, described King's home as "an arsenal."

fixer
06-19-2015, 08:49 PM
People get idiotically fixated on capacity of magazines.
so we all get some arbitrary 10 round, across the board, round limit.

the crazies will just buy mags and reload more.

ban semi autos they will say is the answer

The crazies will use a bolt action or pump action.

ban all guns they will say.

The crazies will learn about pipe bombs on the internet.

Ban google searching for incendiary devices, they will say is the answer. Now first amendment rights are threatened.

The crazies will use an axe or machete.

Ban axes and machetes, they will say is the answer.

The crazies will then use butcher knives and hatchets.

Ban large knives they say, will be the final answer to mass murder.

The crazies will then use large trucks and suvs to run over people.

Ban large vehicles and require FBI background checks for anyone buying any car.

This could go on until we are all in straight jackets in padded rooms monitored 24/7 by federal police.

The issue is a pervasive and stubborn refusal to look for root causes. This nations "leadership" is cognitively tone-deaf to examining the murder spree phenomenon from any other angle than the hardware used to facilitate them.

I'm sick of the crazies. Sick to effing death of them. I can say the same for anyone trying to subvert my defensive rights and abilities.

Vent over.

RoyGBiv
06-19-2015, 08:57 PM
People get idiotically fixated on capacity of magazines.
so we all get some arbitrary 10 round, across the board, round limit.

the crazies will just buy mags and reload more.

ban semi autos they will say is the answer

The crazies will use a bolt action or pump action.

ban all guns they will say.

The crazies will learn about pipe bombs on the internet.

Ban google searching for incendiary devices, they will say is the answer. Now first amendment rights are threatened.

The crazies will use an axe or machete.

Ban axes and machetes, they will say is the answer.

The crazies will then use butcher knives and hatchets.

Ban large knives they say, will be the final answer to mass murder.

The crazies will then use large trucks and suvs to run over people.

Ban large vehicles and require FBI background checks for anyone buying any car.

This could go on until we are all in straight jackets in padded rooms monitored 24/7 by federal police.

The issue is a pervasive and stubborn refusal to look for root causes. This nations "leadership" is cognitively tone-deaf to examining the murder spree phenomenon from any other angle than the hardware used to facilitate them.

I'm sick of the crazies. Sick to effing death of them. I can say the same for anyone trying to subvert my defensive rights and abilities.

Vent over.
Don't forget to vote.

Kyle Reese
06-20-2015, 09:54 AM
https://youtu.be/CTyOSlz9AnY

I fail to see how limiting the number of firearms an individual may own, or establishing a central registry will have any impact on violent crime. His Neocon RINO colors are showing again.

jc000
06-20-2015, 10:54 AM
I fail to see how limiting the number of firearms an individual may own, or establishing a central registry will have any impact on violent crime.

It certainly will have no impact on preventing spree murders:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/at-least-two-killed-in-austria-after-man-drives-into-crowd-before-stabbing-passersby-in-graz-10333891.html

RoyGBiv
06-20-2015, 02:24 PM
https://youtu.be/CTyOSlz9AnY

I fail to see how limiting the number of firearms an individual may own, or establishing a central registry will have any impact on violent crime. His Neocon RINO colors are showing again.
Bill the Bloviator

Gadfly
06-20-2015, 04:01 PM
The turd had an on line manifesto. He posed for pics with his Glock. Looks like he had the new .45 long slide gen 4, complete with crappy laser.

Not posting his pic to glorify this turd. Just showing the probable weapon used...http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/92540fc9198104ca7e3a9cb6aa857fe5.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/3e07d49b4f1b5ac135254c29f37a7af0.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/cfe0dc76fec6a9d4828d53b0319bff74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmoore912
06-20-2015, 04:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting-suspect/

Roof purchased a Glock .45-caliber model 41, which holds 13 rounds, a federal law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation said.

GardoneVT
06-20-2015, 04:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting-suspect/

Roof purchased a Glock .45-caliber model 41, which holds 13 rounds, a federal law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation said.

In before "10 round magazine limits could have saved lives."

RoyGBiv
06-20-2015, 05:08 PM
In before "10 round magazine limits could have saved lives."

In before more background checks save lives.
Because, government is clearly so good at it.

Drang
06-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Not posting his pic to glorify this turd. Just showing the probable weapon used......
You left out the pics of him standing/spitting on The Colors and burning same.

Gadfly
06-20-2015, 07:38 PM
You left out the pics of him standing/spitting on The Colors and burning same.

I saw the other pics. But I was just focusing on the tool he used... Not the turd.

Drang
06-20-2015, 07:55 PM
I saw the other pics. But I was just focusing on the tool he used... Not the turd.

No sweat, resisting the urge to throw the laptop across the room once a day is enough.

MDS
06-20-2015, 09:28 PM

Dude, if you can convince me it's just the leadership, I'll buy you a nice bottle of whiskey and a box of cigars.

NickA
07-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Some evidence that mass shootings may be "contagious" due to excessive media coverage. Of course they get in a dig about guns, but what can you expect from CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/02/health/contagious-mass-killings-study/index.html

RoyGBiv
07-10-2015, 04:28 PM
FBI boss says gun check breakdown allowed Dylann Roof to buy weapon (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/10/are-all-sick-fbi-boss-says-gun-check-breakdown-allowed-dylann-roof-to-buy/)

The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which does instant background checks for 30 states, should have flagged Roof on April 11, when he went to a West Columbia gun shop to guy the firearm, Comey said. But because of a series of errors, including one on Roof's rap sheet, the examiner performing the check on Roof did not know he had admitted to drug possession in a March 1 incident, which should have rendered him an "unlawful user" ineligible to purchase the gun.

In addition to the rap sheet, there was an error ‎on another document, which failed to reflect the geography of the area. Had the document been in order, the examination might have included contacting relevant local law enforcement agencies, including ones with records of the drug possession charge.

LHS
07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
FBI boss says gun check breakdown allowed Dylann Roof to buy weapon (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/10/are-all-sick-fbi-boss-says-gun-check-breakdown-allowed-dylann-roof-to-buy/)

And now, of course, the usual suspects are talking about extending the time period for background checks, i.e. waiting periods.

Gadfly
07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
How is the NCIC check not done over the phone? I have never had to wait more than about 30 minutes for them to clear me for a purchas via phone call. So why a 3 day delay for this turd?

joshs
07-10-2015, 06:17 PM

A single arrest even with an admission of possession isn't prohibiting under BATFE's definition of "unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance". This "FBI boss" needs to read 27 CFR 478.11.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Drang
07-10-2015, 10:48 PM
A single arrest even with an admission of possession isn't prohibiting under BATFE's definition of "unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance". This "FBI boss" needs to read 27 CFR 478.11.
Only if he wants to get fired for not supporting his boss and The Narrative.

Al T.
07-11-2015, 08:04 AM
How is the NCIC check not done over the phone?

At the end of the phone call, the FFL holder will get one of three answers. Approved, denied or delay. The FFL gets no other information. With my customer base, delays are not uncommon and Friday a week ago, we got nothing but delays after 10:30 for everybody, perhaps due to the holiday.

TGS
07-11-2015, 08:50 AM
I used to get delayed all the time in Virginia. I was told it's probably something about a college basketball player with the same name who raped a bunch of girls.

Idk. Was kind of annoying to routinely wait a day or two to pick up my stuff from Virginia Arms Co or DK Firearms in Milford. Never had it happen in Vermont or NJ.

LHS
07-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I used to get delayed all the time in Virginia. I was told it's probably something about a college basketball player with the same name who raped a bunch of girls.

Idk. Was kind of annoying to routinely wait a day or two to pick up my stuff from Virginia Arms Co or DK Firearms in Milford. Never had it happen in Vermont or NJ.

That's one of the many things I love about AZ. I just show the FFL my CCW permit, and no NICS check is required.

JDM
07-12-2015, 08:51 AM
That's one of the many things I love about AZ. I just show the FFL my CCW permit, and no NICS check is required.

I really miss that part of living in AZ.

In fact, I just miss living in AZ.

:(

LHS
07-14-2015, 12:04 PM
I really miss that part of living in AZ.

In fact, I just miss living in AZ.

:(

At least you have green chiles

Dagga Boy
07-14-2015, 12:19 PM

Same here in Texas.

Gadfly
07-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Same here in Texas.

Strangely in Texas, a CHL carries more weight than my Badge.

I had a CHL back in the 90's, but since getting my badge, I never renewed it. Now when I buy a gun, I have to wait for the clearance, even though I am standing there with a govt issued pistol on my hip. You would think the legislature would realize that the background check for a Fed/State/local badge was a hell of a lot more in depth than for a CHL... Oh well. Never had to wait more than about an half hour at most to pick up my new purchases.

HCM
07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Strangely in Texas, a CHL carries more weight than my Badge.

I had a CHL back in the 90's, but since getting my badge, I never renewed it. Now when I buy a gun, I have to wait for the clearance, even though I am standing there with a govt issued pistol on my hip. You would think the legislature would realize that the background check for a Fed/State/local badge was a hell of a lot more in depth than for a CHL... Oh well. Never had to wait more than about an half hour at most to pick up my new purchases.

My understanding is NICS was written that way because unlike our Agency, which re-does our background checks every 5 years, many LEA's do not re- investigate officers after their intial background checks.

Dagga Boy
07-14-2015, 10:37 PM
That was the main reason I got a CHL. My LEOSA ID didn't rate for nothing and I prefer to fly under the NiCS radar.

Mike C
07-15-2015, 08:44 AM
GadflyIf, if you are an active peace officer in TX it's $25. You don't even have to qual just send in your agency qual with your app. No reason not to have one. Saves time.

HCM
07-15-2015, 10:49 AM
GadflyIf, if you are an active peace officer in TX it's $25. You don't even have to qual just send in your agency qual with your app. No reason not to have one. Saves time.

DPS will issue you one per TX criminal procedure code 2.122.

You will need the application, $25, fingerprints and photos and a letter from your SAC / RAIC etc- I'll e mail you a template.

Gadfly
07-15-2015, 12:43 PM
DPS will issue you one per TX criminal procedure code 2.122.

You will need the application, $25, fingerprints and photos and a letter from your SAC / RAIC etc- I'll e mail you a template.

Should have gotten one years ago. But since even off duty, we are on duty, word is if you are carrying a non authorized/non issued gun, then you are acting on your own, and the Gov will NOT back you in any criminal or civil proceedings. So I only carry my duty weapon to not tempt fate...

Send it to my .gov address.

Thanks!

HCM
07-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Should have gotten one years ago. But since even off duty, we are on duty, word is if you are carrying a non authorized/non issued gun, then you are acting on your own, and the Gov will NOT back you in any criminal or civil proceedings. So I only carry my duty weapon to not tempt fate...

Send it to my .gov address.

Thanks!

I agree, I have it mostly for buying guns.